Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SPOILER] USUM is pretty garbage so far
I've played over 5 hours of the story so far, and like 90% of the time has been me spamming the A button to get through cutscenes and dialogue...
I don't know who made the decision to have so much AFK senseless dialogues and cutscenes that you can't even skip, and tedious tutorial after tutorial...
I'm just annoyed and imma put the game aside for now...

Sad Cheers...
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
The tutorials I can understand, since only young kids or noobs require them, but you can't complain about the cutscenes! Think about all that juicy lore that you gain from them!
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
(Nov 17, 2017, 01:45 PM)TheAlmightySancho Wrote: The tutorials I can understand, since only young kids or noobs require them, but you can't complain about the cutscenes! Think about all that juicy lore that you gain from them!
Hau talking about how much he likes malasada and jumps around for 10 minutes... I wouldn't complain if the cutscenes and dialogues (well, monologues mostly) had anything but brain-numbing content. Or if Pokémon was a semi-RPG where character information could be used to affect dialogue outcomes or something like that, then I would take interest in them aswell
This brings up an important question in my life. I'm a dark fellow who enjoys writing dark literature about people's suffering, and generally dark things. But. I. Play. Pokemon?

What reason is there for that!?

My trade shop - V2.3
Well, maybe you just want to do something happy once in a while, to counteract the brooding darkness?
Or Pokémon is really a dark game after all. It certainly wouldn't surprise me, what about people being sent to hell/distortion world by the devil/Giratina, getting killed in their sleep by demons/Darkrai, being mindcontolled by alien squids/Nihilego and many, many other things...
I'm back again.
I don't get why people complain about the cutscenes
OU MASTER RACE
@Kris 
At least someone agrees with me. Though I can understand why you'd get bored of Hau talking about malasadas. He killed that meme after a few cutscenes in the first game.

My trade shop - V2.3
The point of these games is that they focus on the story. Of course people are entitled to their own opinion on that, but I think complaining about the cutscenes is kinda stupid when we go in knowing the games focus on the story more. If you don't like cutscenes well you should not have gotten the game. Calling the games garbage just because you can't skip cutscenes is, eh, no. If we're gonna complain about anything it should be

Lack of returning characters

But that's just my opinion.
OU MASTER RACE
@Kris 
Yeah, people also seem to forget that it is a game for children. They enjoy that sort of relaxed, funny story over some intense RPG.

My trade shop - V2.3
(Nov 17, 2017, 03:38 PM)Kris Wrote: The point of these games is that they focus on the story. Of course people are entitled to their own opinion on that, but I think complaining about the cutscenes is kinda stupid when we go in knowing the games focus on the story more. If you don't like cutscenes well you should not have gotten the game. Calling the games garbage just because you can't skip cutscenes is, eh, no. If we're gonna complain about anything it should be

Lack of returning characters

But that's just my opinion.
The cutscenes on the first island (The entire first island!) do not further the story much at all, just a bunch of nonsense dialogue focused on other characters showing you places and talking about functions and what not. Story does not equal alot of cutscenes either. You are handheld from scene to scene, walking only a minimum of steps in between, which in my opinion slows down the story in a negative way. If I compare it to older games like Pokémon Crystal for example, you had to discover most things by yourself, with only little help and hints, which fit well with the adventure playstyle of Pokémon games. Obviously Pokémon is about the story and the adventure, that's not what I'm complaining about here.

As for your your spoiler tag, in this game we probably have the largest amount of that in any game so I'm pretty sure you are just trolling.