Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] Event Suggestion
@naitre 
Awhile ago Naitre asked for an Event Suggestions and here i have an idea.
Because there were people leeching off of giveaways with alt accounts, this is probably for the best if not.

In Sun/Moon Festival Plaza there is a woman next to the bridge and she allows you to play and join/host any Missions.If you have Festival Tickets, you can host any missions at anytime and other players worldwide can join as well.You can also join missions without the use of any Festival Tickets as long as you see the blue message on your bottom screen.You then choose a game appeared on the lists, but you won't know which one your friends are going to be in.This is where the other Mission types comes in. There are a lot of them so i will just give you a Link to see the list.

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/missions.shtml

If you are new to this, you will only have a small compilation of Mission lists for a starter.
In order to have different missions, you have to rank up and play alot of the same mission.

How will this event work:
1) PokemonForever players will go online altogether and someone will host a mission.
2) The person hosting a Mission tells everyone which Mission it is going to be.
3) Everyone will join by pressing the Blue Notice message appeared on their Bottom Screen.
4) Everyone else then plays the Mission regularly as they would.
5) End results will show whos in order ranging from the most scores.
6) You can check everyones name and score for as long as you want to verify a Winner.
7) Give the Winner your prize.

Pros:
• This prevents users on PokemonForever to leech giveaways with alts and they have to prove by Winning in a mission.
Although there are players that plays two cartridges at the same time,
it is theorectically impossible to focus two 3DS at the same time playing 1 Mission by yourself.
• This gives exp for your Festival Plaza castle and so everyone can rank up in the process even if they lose.
• You will still get extra Festival Coins of 10-20 as minimum if you have a low score in Missions.

Cons:
• Not everyone will be able to join in the correct Mission.
• The person who hosts the mission will always have a few 10-15 seconds headstart.
• New3DS XL users will be able to play faster because of better performance.
• 3DS XL and 3DS/2DS users may have a slower performance compared to New3DS/New3DS XL users.
• Event only for Pokemon Sun/Moon players.

Well thats about it really. Really easy and simple to follow. What do you guys think?
My favorite Missions are...
"Break Boulders Quickly!" - Use Tauros going around the Festival Plaza
and break as many Boulders as you can.
"Type matchup tests!" - Answer the correct Super Effective moves for the types given.
"Cross-cultural communications" - Interact anyone in the Festival Plaza,
except for those that speaks in your game language.
"All language(English/Japanese/Spanish/German) lessons" - Find anyone who speaks the same language as your current mission.
Example for English Lesson: I would have to interact anyone who speaks english to get a point. Any other languages won't count.
As a way to keep up interaction with fellow community members, we can try doing some global missions every now and then, however to prevent any form of abuse to the Giveaways I don't see the practicality of this. Thing is most of our Giveaways host (myself included in the past) tend to make their GAs done on GTS, though we already have a separate issue apart with this won't get into. See the best way for GA host to do these is via GTS without having to "register" every 3DS friend code from a the participates. Keep in mind that there's only a limit to about 100 Friends Codes. This doesn't stop leechers from actually making "multiple accounts" here and using their alias as coils to abuse GAs. Point is we don't register everyone's FCs and doesn't solve the issue entirely.

Will say that if you do want to engage with other people in Global Missions, then I'd highly recommend heading towards the Discord and ask people whether or not they want to participate in these events.
Wow, that would be so cool! But I real really suck at them
(Dec 15, 2016, 10:22 PM)Black117 Wrote: As a way to keep up interaction with fellow community members, we can try doing some global missions every now and then, however to prevent any form of abuse to the Giveaways I don't see the practicality of this. Thing is most of our Giveaways host (myself included in the past) tend to make their GAs done on GTS, though we already have a separate issue apart with this won't get into. See the best way for GA host to do these is via GTS without having to "register" every 3DS friend code from a the participates. Keep in mind that there's only a limit to about 100 Friends Codes. This doesn't stop leechers from actually making "multiple accounts" here and using their alias as coils to abuse GAs. Point is we don't register everyone's FCs and doesn't solve the issue entirely.

Will say that if you do want to engage with other people in Global Missions, then I'd highly recommend heading towards the Discord and ask people whether or not they want to participate in these events.

That is correct. This event can only be collaborate and be done through using Discord sadly.
This is just a suggestion to use as an activity for other players and adding rules in it.
On another note, if all players participate in the same mission and after that mission...
they can appear on your Festival Plaza's list of players.
You can then manually trade them via Link Trade instead of GTS or adding their Friend Code.
They do not have to appear on the Plaza to be on the list. The list is pretty long.
If i were to use this as an alternative way for a Giveaway, probably not. Event? Maybe.
If i come up with a better Giveaway method without leechers i will share them.
(Dec 15, 2016, 10:48 PM)Donut__ Wrote: Wow, that would be so cool! But I real really suck at them

Do not worry. These Missions not only comes in Pokemon knowledge, but other types of missions as well.
Such as Identifying other regional languages, Using Tauros to run through as many boulders as possible, etc...
Its really easy to get into.