Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] [Spoiler] The new shiny hunting method
Explained by a friendly redditor c:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShinyPokemon/co...k/da0yqtw/
Going to leave my comment in the "spoiler option"

So basically all I have to do is keep the battle going until "said" shiny mon or the OG mon I'd battle leaves (which few want the later to happen). At least players don't have to go out encountering the same Pokemon again out in the wild, though hopefully people don't complain that shiny hunting is being made easier. This is a definite welcome change on my books, heck might even try this.

Also if what they said about potentially finding 4 IV+ Pokemon, then it will be a godsend for many breeders.

Question I have about it:

I looked on the thread and some of the commenters weren't sure about it, so does anyone here know that if you KO the shiny or catch it, if you can continue the chain? Or does the shiny value/IVs reset?
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
interesting... might give it a go at some point, thanks for the info!
Indeed very helpful I got my first shiny caterpie using this method
It doesn't look like we have to wait to post game either to start.
Getting a 100 chain this way is probably easier than getting a 40 chain with DexNav in OR/AS, i think i m gonna give the system a few shots.
(Nov 21, 2016, 08:12 AM)Rod Of Savril Wrote: Getting a 100 chain this way is probably easier than getting a 40 chain with DexNav in OR/AS, i think i m gonna give the system a few shots.

There was no chain on the dexnav Smile
cool!
(Nov 21, 2016, 08:24 AM)Feax Wrote:
(Nov 21, 2016, 08:12 AM)Rod Of Savril Wrote: Getting a 100 chain this way is probably easier than getting a 40 chain with DexNav in OR/AS, i think i m gonna give the system a few shots.

There was no chain on the dexnav Smile

Well i got 550+ search level on Skarmory and did never find a shiny skarmory so i guess chaining did matter indeed, otherwise i d have gotten at least three shiny skarmory's already...... :s