Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] Would love some information/advice.
Hello! I've been playing Pokemon on and off for a long time time but only recently looked into the idea of competitive battling. I have done some research but there is a fair amount of jargon and I'm still stuck on a few things.Would really appreciate some advice/clarification.

1/ Is is necessary to have the highest IV value in ALL stats for your Pokemon?

2/ I have been offered a 6IV Ditto, if I breed with it, does the second Pokemon need max IV stats too? And what does having the 6IV Ditto guarantee/improve for the offspring?

3/ In regards to EV, once I have the ideal Pokemon hatched can I gain EV's for that Pokemon through the use of Exp Share.

4/ Am I right in assuming newly hatched lvl 1 Pokemon have 0 EV stats?

5/ Is Pokerus necessary for training your 'perfect' Pokemon or does it just increase the rate of EV. Likewise with Vitamins and held 'Power' items (Like the ones purchased from Battle Royal Dome)

6/ Once you have maxed EV on a Pokemon do you just continue levelling it to 100 in any manner?

7/ Just as an example, if i wanted a Pokemon with 255 EV in HP, would I just have to gain Exp from killing 255 Grimers (who apparently give 1 EV in HP), assuming I am not using any items/pokerus etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get a reply to such a tedious post but would be stoked if someone did help me out a little. Thank you!
do ya have discordd account?
ill try to answer as much as i can...

1. actually no..it depends on what you plan for the pokemon...example.. in a trick room..the slowest is the fastest...meaning on this example...snorlax for instance..you would want him to be zero iv on speed and with brave nature( + atk - speed )...so u can make the slowest snorlax possible

another example is if u have a latios(sp sweeper) having its atk iv raised is useless and will just make u suffer more from swagger...

2. no...but it is easier if u aim for good stats...there is a thing about parent inheritance....an egg usually inherits stats from its male and female parents.... its like m/f/m/r/m/f..this is just an exmple...r is a random number

3. yes exp share is effective that way

4. yes...u can check ev spread by pressing y on summary screen...(sun/moon)

5. it is not necessary but pokerus plus power items plus chaining makes your life easier

6. yes..any manner...pelago...rare candy ...whatever

7. yes...252 grimers...but that would take so much time...with pokerus...power item and chaining..u can reduce this down to 8 grimers...

did ya get your answers?