Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 44 HP / 164 Atk / 44 Def / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute
- Protect

This is the mega I chose to build around it has always been one of my favorites of this batch but I've heard lots of people say that its movepool was garbage and my eyes kind of looked away until now seeing that it has won some major regionals the past few months. My concerns about this Pokemon on this team specifically is the amount of bulk investment should I use more and run ice punch instead of sub? Would that help me in some match ups?

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 212 HP / 132 Def / 4 SAtk / 116 SDef / 44 Spd
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Protect

This Pokemon is another one of my favorites ever since the release of it I've always wanted one as a kid but had nobody to trade with I invested so much bulk just so it can take any hit he's just support on this team

Ludicolo @ AssaulProtect
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 74 HP / 12 Def / 252 SAtk / 172 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

Ludicolo is my fast ice beamer another one of my favorites (I love water types.) With his investment he can out speed scarfed Lando in the rain.

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Stine Edge
- Protect

Stone Edge is a move recommended to me by the one and only Aaron Grubbs because it can one shot Thundurus 100% of the time and do 97%-100+% to Zapdoes this move has been doing a lot for me lately and this scares out Kanga leads sometimes Terrakions the true MVP.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

I only put this on the team for taunt but it has shown its use by making my mirror match up vs opposing Ludicolo not as scary unless they make some solid predictions. Shadow ball is just a filler stab move over icy wind because I think Politoed has my back RIGHT GUYS HAHA RIGHT?! JK haha but no I need opinions. It has shown that its a great coverage move but its still very situational.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 92 Def / 166 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

To make my Trick room match up easier it does a Massive chunk to Cressalia over half Gangar can do the same with Shadow ball being uncommon so they never see a Shadow ball + Dark pulse combo but that's only if hariyamas not in play if he is I usually lead something like Gengar + Mega gross because I know that Cress cannot do anything 1 v 1 so I slowly take out every Pokemon and double protect whenever I get the chance.

Please leave down your edit suggestions and why also if you have a better suited ev spread please leave that too I'm also looking for a battle tutor to help me figure out somethings before the Seattle regional thanks for reading and the help!
It seems hard to make any safe switches with this team and it has that pure hyper offensive element which is good but you need more support because Politoed won't last long around Electric types such as Thundurus, Rotom-W and Zapdos. Other threats such as Sylveon, Landorus, other Terrakion and Salamence threaten your team. You really only have 1 Pokemon to check them and if it faints, your team struggles to keep the momentum. You also need a way to counter opposing Amoonguss and Breloom without risking the use of Metagross and I'd recommend running Hydreigon with Life Orb and remove Flamethrower for Protect. It gives you more room to scout the opponent plus Flamethrower gets weakened by the rain anyways
[Insert signature here]
(Apr 17, 2015, 07:20 PM)Marcusube Wrote: It seems hard to make any safe switches with this team and it has that pure hyper offensive element which is good but you need more support because Politoed won't last long around Electric types such as Thundurus, Rotom-W and Zapdos. Other threats such as Sylveon, Landorus, other Terrakion and Salamence threaten your team. You really only have 1 Pokemon to check them and if it faints, your team struggles to keep the momentum. You also need a way to counter opposing Amoonguss and Breloom without risking the use of Metagross and I'd recommend running Hydreigon with Life Orb and remove Flamethrower for Protect. It gives you more room to scout the opponent plus Flamethrower gets weakened by the rain anyways
That's all easily played around I've haven't seen any problems with the Pokemon you've mentioned. Politoed Holds its own pretty well vgc is a huge mind game you can't counter everything at least I have 1 counter if I really need to use it I will some games will be harder then others and I know that.
I like this team but the SubMetagross set is not optimal, i would use a 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe spread so that you can use Substitute 4 times (with 1 HP left). You don't need additional HP or Def because once Substitute is up, you just have to hit as hard as possible (every supereffective or strong hit would brake Substitute anyway)
(Apr 18, 2015, 04:29 AM)GMX Wrote: I like this team but the SubMetagross set is not optimal, i would use a 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe spread so that you can use Substitute 4 times (with 1 HP left). You don't need additional HP or Def because once Substitute is up, you just have to hit as hard as possible (every supereffective or strong hit would brake Substitute anyway)
Thank you I'll update my spread now.