Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Shiny from GTS - Hack Check
Hello guys!

I'm here again because I love this community! Thank you all for helping me on my previous problems/issues.
Well... as some of you guys know, I've been playing pokemon since it's first release till the last days of pkmn Emerald. Then, they launched the very first Nintendo DS but my passion stayed with the game boy.
A month ago, I bought Alpha Sapphire. I've been loving it.
Today, I got a shiny from the GTS.

My question is: How can I tell if a pokemon is hacked? I know that are very special ways of creating hacked pokemon that will fool even Professor Oak, so I'm posting three pics of the shiny Sneasel I just randomly got on the GTS for a Cloyster (any gender, any level).

I would like you to help me to figure out if this pokemon is hacked or not. It's nature seems to fit on a "perfect pokemon". Nature, shiny... Well, let me know what you guys think! :D

Thank you again!

Other info:
- 1 IV (Sp. Def.)
- Memory girl at Lilycove says: The pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember...

[Image: IMG_20160920_021931.jpg][Image: IMG_20160920_021938.jpg][Image: IMG_20160920_021941.jpg]
Its hacked cause it doesnt have a blue Pentagon <3, or sometimes hacked Pokemom do have blue pentagon if they're really good-ly (that a word?) hacked..lol no sense

and...pretty sure it cant have Splash.....
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
I know if the pokemon isn't from 6th gen (in this case your sneasel is from Unova aka 5th gen) you will not have a pentagon.

Considering that that sneasel isn't fully evovled, competitively viable, or even lvl 50, I'd say it isn't hacked.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
I'd say it's not hacked cause most hacked Pokémon have perfect IVs
@"MistressGlaceon" Thank you for your reply! I heard before that pkmn with no blue pentagon could be pkmn that came from RSE or FR&LG (from game boy all the way up to ORAS), but if that was the case and don't think the message would say "the Unova region"... And what do you mean about learning Splash?

@w2gMk Well, that's something I've heard before, but not sure if the cause was "being from 5th gen"... I would say it isn't hacked because it "isn't fully evovled, competitively viable, or even lvl 50" AND was caught with a Master Ball, like.. "please I must get this one!".

@Wolfcub1017 Yes, well thought! People that hack pkmn usually create them with perfect IVs, right? The perfect thing that I see here is shiny+modest...

I did remember one thing tho: Could this pkmn be cloned over and over again? If yes, the owner can be just "releasing" them...

The thing is I love Sneasel but I don't want to use it for Battling if it's not legitimate. One way or another, I'll breed my own shiny Sneasel once I finish the pokedex xD
(Sep 19, 2016, 06:55 PM)Antimorph Wrote: @"MistressGlaceon" Thank you for your reply! I heard before that pkmn with no blue pentagon could be pkmn that came from RSE or FR&LG (from game boy all the way up to ORAS), but if that was the case and don't think the message would say "the Unova region"... And what do you mean about learning Splash?

@w2gMk Well, that's something I've heard before, but not sure if the cause was "being from 5th gen"... I would say it isn't hacked because it "isn't fully evovled, competitively viable, or even lvl 50" AND was caught with a Master Ball, like.. "please I must get this one!".

@Wolfcub1017 Yes, well thought! People that hack pkmn usually create them with perfect IVs, right? The perfect thing that I see here is shiny+modest...

I did remember one thing tho: Could this pkmn be cloned over and over again? If yes, the owner can be just "releasing" them...

The thing is I love Sneasel but I don't want to use it for Battling if it's not legitimate. One way or another, I'll breed my own shiny Sneasel once I finish the pokedex xD

@Antimorph Well it doesnt make sense that a Sneasel would have Splash
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
(Sep 19, 2016, 07:04 PM)MistressGlaceon Wrote:
(Sep 19, 2016, 06:55 PM)Antimorph Wrote: @"MistressGlaceon" Thank you for your reply! I heard before that pkmn with no blue pentagon could be pkmn that came from RSE or FR&LG (from game boy all the way up to ORAS), but if that was the case and don't think the message would say "the Unova region"... And what do you mean about learning Splash?

@Antimorph Well it doesnt make sense that a Sneasel would have Splash
It has slash not splash
I haven't read any of the posts above. So this may be repeated.

The only reall way of telling if a pokemon is hacked or not is knowing the orignal trainer and asking. Is the possible that its hacked? Sure. But its unlikely.

Also the pentegon means it's not breed in a 6th gen game and not that its hacked.

But if it was hacked with things that shouldn't be their, the pokemon would never gone through the GTS in the first place.
A legend fallen from grace.
I'm here to back up @Unit501. These days the only way to know for sure (unless you ask the OT) if the pokemon was hacked was if a move that wasn't suppose to be there was. However, the Pokemon Company has gotten smart and will not allow "illegal" pokemon to be traded through any means. (I learned this when a friend tried to trade me a level 1 shiny groudon lol)

The pentagon thing is just a rumor that makes me laugh every time. It has to with the game the pokemon came from, not whether or not it was hacked.

Quite honestly, if you are worried about recieving hacked Pokemon, you should stay away from GTS and WonderTrade... but that's my own personal opinion. 

@"MistressGlaceon" The move Sneasel has is "Slash" lol it is hard to tell though xD
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
@"MistressGlaceon" Sneasel has Slash xD

@Unit501 I know that some "well hacked" pokemon can go through GTS, but yea.. this one seems to be legit.

@devilmoth I am not worried about recieving hacked pkmn. My goal is to complete the pokedex and if I notice I have an hacked pkmn I'll just give it away for a wonder trade or something xD

Thank you all for your help! I'll probably not be using this one for battling. And.. now I know what the blue pentagon means.