Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

So done with Pokemon!
Thumbs Down 
Totally done with the pokemon community. I wanted to get good and contribute but it's not worth it! I am so sick of people cussing me out over not trading my shiny legendaries, I am sick of being harassed and flamed. I am so sick of the immature kids, and don't even get me started on Smogon!! The community it feels like isn't worth it anymore and no matter what I do someone is harassing me for something.

Everyone is rude, no one helps each other, people stand each other up. What's the point? We want people to take our community seriously and put VCG on the map. How can we do that when the community won't listen to each other or help each other. I am done. I am done playing pokemon. My 3ds is being put away. Such a shame he community can't act right and leaves people in tears

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In case anyone is wondering what caused it this did:

http://sta.sh/0tz6v2f0moc

Not only was I harassed, I was cussed out, And it looks like he possibly made me death threats too.All because I declined a shiny trade I think three or four times. I tried to find a moderator to report it but no one was there.
Well, that sucks. I'm sorry you had to experience that.
(Aug 2, 2015, 04:40 PM)Delta Wrote: Well, that sucks. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Thanks hon. I just wish the community would get it's act together and work together. Stuff like this is why our community won't grow.
I'm sorry something like this happened to you or anyone else
I'm sorry you had to experience that, but don't let one troll on Twitch ruin your love of the game. Doesn't make sense to me that one person got under your skin so bad that you want to quit playing. Regardless, I know that everyone on these forums would like you to stay!
Well to start off I think you should report this abuse to the moderators either here or at the replay since they should be the ones handling this type of stuff. Yeah there have been some moments where I've dealt with people who act immature or are just kids who don't know how to act properly online (though I'm not defending/supporting) their actions. If they are constantly harassing you, then just report it here or at Twitch to potentially ban them (don't know the full extent like IP Bans). Since this is the internet, there will be select people are going to act foolish, troll people, or start out flames if they fell like it.

Honestly if you suspect the person is somewhat has malicious intent or just don't trust them, well don't negotiate trades with those people. I know there was an ignore user option Twitch has added so you can use that to prevent seeing the same trolls again if you don't want to deal with that person. That way, you can potential leave out the trolls on Twitch to some of the more recognizable people you know from this community.
The person acted like that, because you didn't want to trade? They were either 'trolling' or they are just rude to other members. I hope you reported the person.
(Aug 2, 2015, 03:47 PM)LadyShanna92 Wrote: The community it feels like isn't worth it anymore...

Everyone is rude, no one helps each other, people stand each other up...

Oh no! Don't say that!  
Do you have any idea what it means for a newcomer like me to be around experienced people like yourself? I means EVERYTHING!
I mean, from the stupidest question like "what is a powersave?" to crazy stuff like Smogon. You are invaluable!
I've been playing Pkmn, for a month now, I am a complete newb. You guys make a difference and we can clearly see you and identify you through all the crap other people say or do.

Don't give up yet!

Let me apologize for all those stupid people that don't have a brain of their own.

If you need motivation, be my mentor.  :P I got loads of motivation, I can share it with you!, I am very fresh and new member to this community and all things Pokemon! Give it a try! I do need all the help I can get.  Heart  Shy
Well, I'm almost new here, but anyway. I know this is what everyone woudl say but, NEVER give up a game/hobby you really like because of what others say. Of course you can be upset now, but don't let them get to you with that kind of attitude. Trolls will be trolls, that's for sure, but if you give up on something you really like because of them, you will hardly find anything to do at all (and I'm not refering only to hobbies and free time). My advice is, take some time (days, weeks, whatever you need) for the anger to wear off and then take your nintendo again! Smile

I usually play mmorpgs, so I know how you feel. People being rude over nothing, pointless arguments, insults, and the list goes on... And I'm very sensitive with that kind of things, but long ago I understood that if you pay attention to that people, you'll end up not doing what you really want to do, and life's too short to stop doing what we like from time to time. Besides, not all people are bad! I see really nice people here, and it would be a shame to miss that ^^

Anyway, I'm sorry you had to experience that and I truly hope you grab your 3ds again soon!
I agree with naitre. There is no doubt that there are lot of people who are self-centered and rude. I have to remind myself that many of these people are either younger kids or teenagers, many of whom think what they're doing is acceptable because it's online. I've seen rude and bullying comments in the past and have spoken out on it, even if it only got me flamed. People forget all too often that there is someone behind the screen. That they're not talking to Microsoft Sam, but another human. I personally find more enjoyment helping people than I do just playing the game and I make an effort to help people all the time with no intention to gain anything for myself. I sincerely hope you rethink dropping out of the community. Don't be afraid to point fingers at rude and disrespectful people and block them at the drop of a hat. No need to stress yourself out over petty people.