Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Swap breeding explanation needed
I have no idea how to swap breed, at least for genderless pokemon, or one gender only pokemon, so if ya can help, plz let me know, i really want that shiny minior
@Bendytheinkdemon37

Hi, Bendy! Don't worry about whether or not the mon you're egg swapping for is genderless or not, the mechanic works the same.

Just make sure to place the Ditto you're breeding with specifically into the daycare, and match it with the foreign Magikarp, or any mon with a egg cycle less than 15 egg cycles, though Magikarp is preferred because it has the least (at only 10). Hatch the eggs in intervals of 30, then take out the Ditto, put it back in, save, and hatch 30 more until one hatches Shiny. When it does, you need to soft-reset the game, and then, DO NOT remove the Ditto. Take out the Magikarp instead and place in the parent whose Shiny you desire. If the Magikarp hatched Shiny at 14 eggs, the 14th egg you get from the new parent will be Shiny. I've done this for my Shiny Deino and Shiny Munchlax and it works fine.

Again, just be sure that when a Magikarp does finally shine, soft-reset and remove the Magikarp, NOT the Ditto, or else the mechanic will fail.

Hope that helped, Bendy! Good luck on that Shiny Minior hunt.

- 0kamii

Edit - No it doesn't, apparently. Glad I double checked that.

When using the egg swap method on 100% gendered or genderless pokémon, you have to reject the first egg after Magikarp shines. Without getting into too much technical jargon, this basically means this...

1.) When Magikarp shines, soft-reset without saving
2.) Swap out the non-Ditto parent for the Shiny you want
3.) Reject the first egg
4.) Collect the second one
5.) Reject the next egg
6.) Collect the next one

What this means is that if the Magikarp shined on the 14th egg, you'll actually have to reject and accept eggs until you accept the 28th egg, which will contain the Shiny Minior.
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

@Bendytheinkdemon37  For the most part, @0kamii is correct; it's different for fixed-gender/genderless mons however. In this image from imgur (from around when SuMo were released and still applies to USUM), it states that:

"If you try to swap a Pokemon that has a chance of being male or female (Gendered) to a Pokemon that is 100% male, 100% female, or genderless (Fixed-Gender), the sequence will break and all of your eggs from then on will change. This happens because Fixed-Gender Pokemon skip the roll for gender. Because that is the first roll the egg makes, it offsets every other roll made for that egg, offsetting everything by one. 

The solution to this problem is to reject the first egg you get after swapping to your Fixed-Gender parents. Rejecting an egg counts as a roll, making up for the skipped gender roll and preventing the egg from offsetting. If you plan to collect several eggs after swapping, you'll need to alternate receiving an egg and rejecting an egg. Rejecting an egg doesn't skip you ahead in the sequence."
Feel free to post your favorite Pokémon FanArt here ϞϞ(๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑)∩
thank you @BoneheadMarowak  and @0kamii now i can get my black minior ( im not racist thats just what it is XD )