Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] I need some help with my VGC team...
Okay so I'm not really the best when it comes to EV builds. I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand with my team. So far it is:

Mega garchomp @ Garchompinite
Nature: adament
-rock slide (flying types such as crobat/genies besides lando)
-dragon claw (STAB)
- earthquake (STAB and can work alongside gengar)
-protect/swords dance (sdance in case extra turn, protect is self explanatory)

Steelix @ life sword
Nature: adament
Ice fang (grass types in general + venasaur)
Thunder fang ( Suicune)
Iron tail (STAB + fairy types)
Bulldoze (speed control)

Gardevoir @ gardevoirite
Nature: modest
Hypnosis ( Pokemon that need to go to sleep)
Psychic ( lucario + STAB)
Trick room ( speed control )
Dazzling gleam( STAB + chomp/hydreigon)

heatran @ balloon
Nature: most likely modest maybe timid
Undecided movepool

Gengar @ focas sash
Nature: timid
Sludge bomb ( ludicolo/grass types + fairy's)
Destiny bond (last resort choice/ alakazam)
Hex (in case its with gardevoir or steelix)
Will o wisp

Gastrodon @ sitrus berry
Nature: modest
Ice beam (x2 to like 75% of all Pokemon lol)
Protect (self explanatory )
Undecided

I chose chomp because he can do good both non mega and mega so I don't feel I have to mega evolve him and not choose gardevoir. Chomp has a great attack and rough skin works good against a lot of Pokemon.

I chose gardevoir based on the same reason I chose chomp, because I can pick a mega before a game and since they are both good without the mega evolution I don't feel I'm sacrificing anything and I can bring both. It's wide variety of moves are useful against other garchomps and hydreigons. Mega lucario and all the other annoying Pokemon.

Steelix the weirdest choice by far but it is amazing with all its immunities and resistances. It has incredible defence that I can use it to switch into on a close combat. Its a 3HKO from a jolly 252 terrakion close combat. The attack on steelix isn't bad either so with a life orb it does amazing damage.

Heatran is a great Pokemon and with a team with multiple resistances to ground I guess its okay for this guy to be terrified of earthquake. Heatran has good overall defended and a decent special attack. If it's too slow I can bump it up with trick room from gardevoir (trickroom helps steelix too). Hetran is good against sweepers like lucario, scizor, bisharp, and others.

Gengar is on the team so I can just have more coverage / a willowisp.

Gastrodon Is one of my favorite Pokemon if u use storm drain right it can be paired with garchomp, heatran or steelix against rain teams. It carries ice beam which hurts basically everything. If I give it modest and enough EVS in special attack then it destroys everything. It is immune to fire and water. gastrodon is simply amazing.

Well...if anyone wants to help me with evs it would be appreciated and the movepools could use some help too. Thanks!!!
Mega Garchomp doesn't fit on this team but normal Garchomp does. The Mega does better on Sand Teams, Tailwind teams and Trick Room teams. Sure you have Trick Room as an option but if it doesn't get set up you're getting outsped by base 100s like Kangaskhan, Medicham and Charizard X.

Garchomp @ Life Orb/Focus Sash/Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw/Iron Head
- Protect

Scrap Steelix, end of story. Sure Sheer Force Steelix does good in general, but on this team it doesn't make the fit. I suggest using either an Electric type, Flying type or a more offensive based Steel type. Just by removing Steelix, you lose another common weakness to Ground meaning that Garchomp can freely spam Earthquake.

I'd say just go for Mega Gardevoir instead of doing the dual Mega thing. Check out this post for an analysis on Mega Gardevoir and see which set you like.

Can't really make a Heatran spread off my head but...

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 50
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

...is the standard set

Here is an analysis on Gastrodon along with some builds you can consider.

You still have no basis as to why Gengar is on the team so I can't suggest a set.
http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?44...82m|94|423

That is a look at your team based on weaknesses and resistances
[Insert signature here]
Thanks ! At first I considered zapdos for the steelix slot but I wanted to try a bulkier pokemon
If you're having problems with kangs rough skin rocky helmet does like, 50%bdamage to a mega kang if you can switch it in correctly. One they know you have a rough skin rocky helmet garchomp they'll be a little more timid with kang.

It's not a fool proof strategy but it's one to possibly look into. But any of the above stated garchomp sets work just as well.
Actually I've switched this team a lot I took out steelix for zapdos, gengar for ambipom, I took off the megastone for gardy, and I switched out gengar for steelix