Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TEAM REPORT] Help p
Hey guys
I'm looking for some help here for competitive battling
I've got a mega sceptile and mantrect for the start of my team but I don't know who else to use

Plz help thx Wink
First off you have Mega Sceptile so something to cover Ice is necessary, now this doesnt mean from Ice types. Mainly water types and pokemon such as thundurus that have access to hidden power ice. Cress, Suicune, and Milotic are the main threats because they are bulky and hit hard. Thundurus T would be good for you here. Scarfed Discharge puts in work and pairing it up with Landorus T works well with the immunity. Now saying that you have a HUGE weakness to Ice so Heatran would be good here as well, also Aegislash works for wide guard support. Suicune would be nice because of Tailwind to outspeed other scarfed threats. Thats really all I have to offer, I hope you take my advice and good luck battling Smile
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
"request" prefix not "team report" please.

Just account for Sceptile and Manectric's flaws and find Pokemon that synergize with them. For Sceptile you need to have at least 2 more forms of strong offense whether physical or special. Sceptile itself has a very bad offensive typing. Grass hits only 3 types for super effective and dragon hits only dragon for super effective, not to mention that Sceptile's strongest moves are either weak (Dragon Pulse/Giga Drain/Energy Ball) or have some high recoil (Leaf Storm). You will need a strong defensive core that allows for pivoting with U-turn or Volt Switch if you plan to run Lead Storm. The pivoting may not be necessary, however, if you plan to use Sceptile mainly for cleaning up. As for Manectric, without its mega evolution, it's pretty mediocre plus dual mega teams are really hard to construct, especially if you're a beginner at VGC.
[Insert signature here]
(Sep 24, 2015, 05:17 PM)Marcusube Wrote: "request" prefix not "team report" please.

Just account for Sceptile and Manectric's flaws and find Pokemon that synergize with them. For Sceptile you need to have at least 2 more forms of strong offense whether physical or special. Sceptile itself has a very bad offensive typing. Grass hits only 3 types for super effective and dragon hits only dragon for super effective, not to mention that Sceptile's strongest moves are either weak (Dragon Pulse/Giga Drain/Energy Ball) or have some high recoil (Leaf Storm). You will need a strong defensive core that allows for pivoting with U-turn or Volt Switch if you plan to run Lead Storm. The pivoting may not be necessary, however, if you plan to use Sceptile mainly for cleaning up. As for Manectric, without its mega evolution, it's pretty mediocre plus dual mega teams are really hard to construct, especially if you're a beginner at VGC.

hence my signature Kappa
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
I would agree on not doing a team with two megas. It causes a split focus on your team that can be hard to reconcile. At its best you have a character in the fight without an item and at its worst you have two seperate coverage options you can't run in the same battle.

Although in manectric's defense; an electric type with discharge is a good partner for M-Sceptizzle. That way you can boost it's special attack while doling out a bit of damage to your opponents. If it were me, I'd run rotom though. Probably heat or wash for the resistance to ice; a type feared by the sceptizzle. Heat rotom would also cover Bug characters for you. And the sceptizzle would clear the rock and water types it fears. If that's not the fire type for you, you could also try out heatran. I think he has pretty good defensive synergy with grass/dragon.

Take it with a grain of salt though, I'm not a vgc master myself.
(Sep 24, 2015, 05:17 PM)Marcusube Wrote: "request" prefix not "team report" please.

I've given manectric discharge and a choice scarf to speed him up so that he hurts the enemies and makes mega sceptile more powerful
(Sep 25, 2015, 03:30 AM)Leveyjake1 Wrote:

I've given manectric discharge and a choice scarf to speed him up so that he hurts the enemies and makes mega sceptile more powerful

Manectric isn't the most ideal for this though. It is pretty frail and lacks damage output. Perhaps Thundurus-T, Zapdos, Heliolisk or Jolteon
[Insert signature here]