Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TEAM REPORT] Spooky Cup Team Report : A Treat 4 Ya'll!
Hi guys i am back with two horrible jokes i played on you guys, well sorry. the first one my spooky cup RMT and then the raquaza one, forgive me plz :P so the reason i am doing this report this early in the cup's existence is that exams are hitting me up and Halloween and spooky cup hype is still on *sad and bad*, so maybe people can use this team as to compete in spooky cup and hopefully get them a start. Let's get started with this team report:

Spooky cup:
So first of all i wanna talk about this new awesome thing that pokemon made, yes spooky cup! i guess this came last year as a competition which had a 3v3 all out ghost types with a gourgeist a must have on every team, well i literally entered and soon left it, as i hav 0 experience in singles. i heard about spooky cup being the new hype thing every where and had little knowledge of it's meta from here and there and decided to give it a try. tons of ghost and dark types so i quickly gathered a metagame list and decided to craft my team. Boy oh Boy isn't spooky cup soo addictive? it is! felt in love with it!

Team Building Process:
well no mega's allowed? Bleep that rule cuz i never built a team without a mega mon in it ;( with little to choose from and even less viable i picked up some mons here and there having potential in VGC and forming a nyc general overall strategy. there was little type diversity and mons to select from so i just used picked some up which didn't had terrible switch in team composition inside what i'll call my spooky cup team. i started with something that no one was using. i have mentioned it before scarfed volcarona + assurance weavile. heck! it is surely a fast combination and then carried my team from there on, following is what i ended up with:

The Team:

[Image: volcarona.gif]
Volcarona @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Bug Buzz  
- Heat Wave  
- Fiery Dance  
- Giga Drain

So volcarona is the most popular pokemon in this format, used with many styles like charti berry, lum berry, etc with the move quiver dance as a set up sweeper. and yes i am crazy and went for a choice scarf volcarona considering the support weavile provides with it both fake out and the move assurance it gets. this fast duo was the MVP of my team, being the fastest on the field it straight away puts me in a 4-3 position which was awesome. i decided to keep volc's spread simple and effective for it's job. heat wave goes well with weavile and egneral damage. bug buzz adds tons of utility and is important for the format which brings so many dark types e.g. hydreigon and weavile being the most important. fiery dance worked great against the wide guarding aegislash's. choice scarf was always a surprise compared to what others brought to this cup and always, just not often caught my opponents off guard. volcarona often got taunted by oppositions :p predicting an incoming quiver dance.

[Image: weavile-female.gif]
Weavile @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Pressure  
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Fake Out  
- Protect  
- Assurance  
- Icicle Crash

Weavile is the partner in crime w/ volcarona. you basically know about this pokemon from how it is different then all the others. nothing much to say about it, weavile sweeps of many in common mons in this format and puts in alot of potential and pressure on the field. who doesn't needs fake out support? i have seen people run orb weavile but i can't ever keep it on the field. icicle crash is also good when you take the metagame into the mid. it can easily rid of hydreigon, crobats and noivern. focus sash became wayyy to helpful than an orb so this for for weavile, does the EV'ing needs to be explained?

[Image: hydreigon.gif]
Hydreigon @ Life Orb  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Tailwind  
- Dark Pulse  
- Draco Meteor  
- Protect

We all love good stuffs of the formats we play in, everyone predicted that the hydreigon and aegislash duo and core would be used in this tournament, well they all were right. hydreigon came here as a thought of a ground immunity and a sweeper. i added tailwind as my third maneuver as i didn't really had something on mind to hard counter apart from the already good two moves it gets. tailwind was good for it to set up in order to outspeed foe switching in noiverns. it's simple and effectively does it's job. the item choice of life orb adds to the damage whereas max speed is there to outspeed and nerf any hydreigon mirrors that i meet cuz it's on the top 3 list is u actually observe.

[Image: aegislash.gif]
Aegislash @ Weakness Policy  
Ability: Stance Change  
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Flash Cannon  
- King's Shield  
- Shadow Ball  
- Wide Guard

Why? Why not? seriously this is a must come to the team, like how don't you need this if u put three of the above mons. so here's how simple it gets, the team from above had 2 rock weaknesses, 2 fighting weaknesses threat of things like dazzling gleam and rock slides even those explosive EQ's what do u do? you add an aegislash and use wide guard on it. this is an interesting spread i built a long time ago in the presense of hydreigons in the meta. now going into VGC or BSD you probably don't consider hydreigon for calcs, but in spooky cup it's lord had to be checked, yes! it survives a choice specs dark pulse from a hydreigon. and even more adding to it is the weakness policy that makes it then OHKO some variants and then cover up the little invested sp.atk. same was with most aegi mirrors and it proved to be a worthwhile counter. flash cannon kills granbull which is fairly meta-ish and can threat this team alot with the usual movepool it runs. shadow ball is also great against other ghost types who are spooky.

[Image: granbull.gif]
Granbull @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Atk / 4 Def / 204 SpD / 4 Spe 
Adamant Nature    
- Play Rough  
- Crunch  
- Close Combat  
- Stone Edge

Granbull is yet another trick up my sleeve to come over the spooky meta, it ain't no anti meta but it's spread and moveset makes it very manageable and effective against the metagame. some clever choices here and there just fine tune it to be able to make it carry it's own weight in games. now what's clever? and what's the trick? let's dive into it, granbull is a pokemon that can have great potential and as i mentioned above is hindered by aegislash alot. so my first benchmark is to counter flash cannon, with these investments it can live an LO aegislash's flash cannon and then later or even earlier dependant on it's speed fire of a super effective hit from the crunch. after whatwas left i put 4 spe to creep any non-invested granbulls, the leftovers is poured into attack which seems like a terrible joke however it got me 2HKO'es (after burn) on all the sableye's i met. the moveset is a bit ofan illusion as well, close combat is here to fight dark types after play rough isn't working, it never got used once but just for the funzies, crunch is explained and play rough had no need to be, stone edge is where i pack a surprise, mostly and let's say all people run rock slide on their granbulls to kill volcs around, volcs usually get paired up with aegislash just like on this team to keep them safe, stone edge allowed me to land without fear of wide guard mind games, even if it misses once volcs usually set up quiver dance, even with AV it's gonna cancel the sp.atk boost from the quiver dance and then possibly get me an OHKO. Intimidate goes well with aegislash and meowstic, and even it's own bulk.

[Image: meowstic.gif]
Meowstic @ Colbur Berry  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Thunder Wave 
- Sunny Day  
- Psychic  
- Swagger

Arg! the last pokemon and the most boring one as weall expected. the team i needed for the meta-counters and checks was completely done and even now i rarely bring meowstic to any games. meowstic's intended moveset was to be a helping hand user and to use quick guard to stop sableye from haxing around. but nope that idea sucked! so now i present the thundurus of spooky cup, yes i tried it with parafusion to atleast make it do something, it was here on the slot to counter the low-presence of swift swim kabutops with rain dance meowstic which hinders the main core of my team (volcarona) plus it turned in favor of my volcarona, it's awesome.

Thank you for reading this team report, hopefully this isn't too late, i won't be active much for around till 10th of Nov, so i'll just wish ya'll a Happy Halloween. plz wish me luck too, i'll need it!
I feel like meowstic is a risky play in spooky cup since everything hits it supereffectively. Other than that you've combined a lot of key threats of the format and should do well as an offensive powerhouse. Good team.
Another very interesting team report! Well, it is a team report, and not a RMT, so I don't have much to say here. The only thing is, Choice Scarf Volcorona? Really? Quiver Dance, while it does take up a turn and a move slot, gives you a scarf, specs, and an assault vest. Plus, you can keep your item (I use Sitrius Berry). That is just me, however.
Don't know how but we somewhat came up with the almost the same team with the only difference being the move sets and item choices. Yeah I think a bulkier aegislash WP set can do wonders for this format give how people forgot that this thing can 2HKO most of the meta already. As Delta did mentioned, Scarf Volc isn't the most optimal despite it getting 9th place at worlds. Like there is quiver dance as well as a rage powder set you can try out since Volc is a viable redirection user. I really want to try out your spread for Grandbull since I just slapped 252/252 atk/Spd on showdown and it been doing fine. The only Pokemon that's different from our team is The Mewostic for for Crobat. The moveset on Crobat is brave bird, super fang, taunt, and sunny day to power up my own volcarona and hydreigon as well.

There are some threats that could be problematic like Liepard + Gengar since but can be devastating to deal with if weavile can't beat them. Opposing Volcarona is an issue as well which is why I have Crobat know brave bird, Weavile have fling + kings rock, and hydreigon know stone edge for coverage since I'm use to having using an all out attacker Hydreigon. Good luck using this team.
[quote='Black117' pid='86532' dateline='1445382068']
Don't know how but we somewhat came up with the almost the same team with the only difference being the move sets and item choices. Yeah I think a bulkier aegislash WP set can do wonders for this format give how people forgot that this thing can 2HKO most of the meta already. As Delta did mentioned, Scarf Volc isn't the most optimal despite it getting 9th place at worlds. Like there is quiver dance as well as a rage powder set you can try out since Volc is a viable redirection user. I really want to try out your spread for Grandbull since I just slapped 252/252 atk/Spd on showdown and it been doing fine. The only Pokemon that's different from our team is The Mewostic for for Crobat. The moveset on Crobat is brave bird, super fang, taunt, and sunny day to power up my own volcarona and hydreigon as well.

There are some threats that could be problematic like Liepard + Gengar since but can be devastating to deal with if weavile can't beat them. Opposing Volcarona is an issue as well which is why I have Crobat know brave bird, Weavile have fling + kings rock, and hydreigon know stone edge for coverage since I'm use to having using an all out attacker Hydreigon.  Good luck using this

your team sounds pretty fun too Wink hope u do great with your's as well!