Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TUTORIAL] Completing your PokeDex? (XY, ORAS)
So I know that since we are all amazing Pokémon players that we all want to complete your PokeDex no? Seeing as that is a high request I’ve decided to sprinkle some wisdom on y’all. So first a list of things you need:
A Ds (that is compatible with the game)
A copy of XY, ORAS (really self-explanatory)
The internet (education purposes)

Tricks and Tips
1) Write down all the Pokémon you need along with their National PokeDex number. It will make it easier to get and track down which Pokémon you need. Need a legit list to help write the Pokémon down?

2) GTS- I actually got a big majority of my PokeDex done using the GTS. The first Pokémon you need just look for in the GTS. Obviously you haven’t seen it or caught it yet so go to the very bottom of the letter boxes and type in the “What Pokémon” the one that you need. If you can’t find a fair trade for the Pokémon you do need, no worries just try depositing a Pokémon asking for the one you need. Usually takes a couple hours or sometime a whole day.

3) WONDERTRADE- So WT is useful because you never know what you can. BUT its only super useful when you start out the game or have a small part of your PokeDex done cause then you have a big majority of Pokémon you do need and have a good chance of getting them. Of course if you have a big part of your PokeDex complete then it might not be so helpful.

4) TRADING- This seems kind of obvious but sometimes it not. You may be looking for-let’s say- Espeon. Then in your shout out you might put: LF: Espeon. Now this could be helpful and can get you a Espeon but some people might take this as you are looking for a Shiny Espeon and not a non-shiny for your Dex. They will trade you and try to give you a shiny Espeon asking for a shiny back. There’s the fault. Well to fix this it seems if you put this: LF: Espeon4Dex it’s a lot more helpful. Then people will now (and if they don’t they aren’t the smartest xD) that you are looking for an Espeon non shiny.

5) THE FORUM- When you get a good majority of your Dex done then it will be a lot easier for us to help you Smile But for us to efficiently help we need a list of the Pokémon you need hence why I said write it all down earlier.

6) BLISSEY BASES- Thank to @Shayw1 reminding me, there is Blissey Bases (ORAS only). Blissey Bases are especially useful if you are trying to level up your Pokémon. Although not just competitively. You see, if you have-lets say a Charmander- and need to evolve him/her fast Blissey Bases are your #1. The two secret base islands you have can be transformed into leveling up heroes.

Here is a link to Smoogon Blissey Bases

Well, hope this helps! <3 If you still need help or don’t understand something don’t hesitate to ask me! I’m more than happy to help all of you whenever I can Smile
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
I got most of my dex done through GTS as well. I discovered that dittos traded very well so I caught a bunch of them in Pokemon Village and later in the friend safari. Even got a bunch of legendaries by trading dittos. :D
#LillieDefenseSquad
(Sep 30, 2016, 03:37 PM)Vinnie050 Wrote: I got most of my dex done through GTS as well. I discovered that dittos traded very well so I caught a bunch of them in Pokemon Village and later in the friend safari. Even got a bunch of legendaries by trading dittos. :D

Well that's good to know! I actually had to go and catch the Pokemon they needed not thinking which Pokémon might be well with GTS trading. Tip of the hat to you :P
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

uwu i can hacku
I actually just got the shiny charm in pokemon x. For the first few I just breed a bunch of bulbasaurs, but after that when you have a bunch of pokemon from past games, you can just chain trade those. Also, I mostly traded for the top of the evolution lines for most pokemon so when I had about 5-10 already, I could breed them and quickly get a few more. Seems a lot faster then evolving pokemon to me (other then with the stones you can buy), but im not entirly sure.
(Oct 1, 2016, 02:16 PM)boazisg Wrote: I actually just got the shiny charm in pokemon x. For the first few I just breed a bunch of bulbasaurs, but after that when you have a bunch of pokemon from past games, you can just chain trade those. Also, I mostly traded for the top of the evolution lines for most pokemon so when I had about 5-10 already, I could breed them and quickly get a few more. Seems a lot faster then evolving pokemon to me (other then with the stones you can buy), but im not entirly sure.

Whatever floats your boat :D

uwu i can hacku
Bump~~

uwu i can hacku
You forgot blissey bases to evolve the pokes you get
(Oct 19, 2016, 02:38 AM)Shayw1 Wrote: You forgot blissey bases to evolve the pokes you get

Fixed! Thanks for the reminder Smile

uwu i can hacku