Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TUTORIAL] Pkhex for 11.3.0-36 using soundhax
Thank you for great guide! It worked for me Smile
@moo311 I keep trying and have even completely redid the files on the sd card. i asked a lot, and people say its because my ds is old. can this be a problem? ive been trying this for more than a week now.
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
(Feb 9, 2017, 05:07 PM)Frost Wrote: @moo311 I keep trying and have even completely redid the files on the sd card. i asked a lot, and people say its because my ds is old. can this be a problem? ive been trying this for more than a week now.

Nah, it doesn't matter if your 3ds is old or not, its all about the firmware version
Hey! @moo311 Thank you for your Tutorial Smile I have done all steps, downloaded the version 11.3.0-36, because it had an update, I guess... Now I can see the file in sound 3DS but when I open it, it keeps quitting again and again... Is this normal? ;/
EDIT: Okay, it doesn't work this version, no homebrew app for this version...
(Feb 10, 2017, 06:30 AM)Paula-Parade Wrote: Hey! @moo311 Thank you for your Tutorial Smile I have done all steps, downloaded the version 11.3.0-36, because it had an update, I guess... Now I can see the file in sound 3DS but when I open it, it keeps quitting again and again... Is this normal? ;/
EDIT: Okay, it doesn't work this version, no homebrew app for this version...

Fix will be coming soon.
I'm just gonna sit on 11.2 till I HAVE to update.
it's 2022 and we livin
Hey @Apo ! I tried again downloading the good version now available... And it still doesn't work. I'll try again later! Thank you though, without your message I'll never had tried again ;p
(Dec 29, 2016, 03:18 PM)moo311 Wrote: Soundhax still works for 11.3!
You will need:
A 3ds (Old or new) or 2ds
A computer/laptop that can read SD cards
The app "Nintendo 3DS Sound" on your 3ds/2ds

**I don't know which regions work, but I know that NA will definitely work**

Steps:
1) Download the homebrew starter kit, JKSM, and Soundhax.
2) Extract the files and move the files to the root of your sd card
You shouldn't move all files though. Only move these following files. In the starter kit, move all files. In JKSM, move the 3ds and JKSV folders. In soundhax, open the folder and move all files except the readme file and the M4A files that you don't need. Select the one that applies to you (Soundhax-your region- New or old ds). Remember that 2ds count as old ds.
3) Go here and scroll down. Then download the otherapp that applies to you (11.3.0-36(your region E-Europe U-USA J-Japan K-Korea))
4) Rename it otherapp and move it to the root of your sd card.
5) Safely eject your sd card and put it back into your 3ds.
6) Open the sound app and look for the /SDSCARD folder.
7) Open it and select the "<3 nedwill 2016" file
**Note: During the first time, it has a high chance of not working. If it doesn't,completely turn off your 3ds/2ds by holding down the power button and try again.**
Stop here if don't want to pkhex and only want to open homebrew.
8) If it works, you should scroll down and see "JK's Save Manager".
9) Open it and select your game, pokemon sun or moon.
10) Press "Save Data Options"
11) Press "Export Save"
12) Yours most likely will only have "New". Press it.
13) Name it something you can remember like "Sun" or "Moon"
14) Press the button A once you are done and redo step 11.
15) Select the save you named and wait for the popup that says complete.
16) Press OK and turn off your 3ds/2ds. Take your SD card out also.
17) Make sure that you have pkhex if you want to use it. Here's the link --> https://projectpokemon.org/forums/files/file/1-pkhex/
18) Open pkhex and do whatever you want to do Smile
19) Once you're done, press "File", "Export SAV", and "Export Main".
20) Make sure that it's named "main" and save.
21) Eject your SD card and put it back into your 3ds/2ds.
22) Reopen homebrew and JKSM and press "Save Data Options".
23) This time, press "Import Save" and import the data you named (Ex. Sun, Moon, etc.)
24) Exit out of homebrew and JKSM and start your game Smile

If you feel like I missed something or something is unclear, feel free to pm me the question or comment regarding this post Smile

Whenever I try to open the "<3 nedwill 2016" file, the app crashes and says "An error has occured, forcing the software to close." Even after restarting the 2DS like you said, the error still occurs. I've tried this with the N file and O file for USA. What do?
If you have a US New 3DS XL, this will work. I just used my son's as a guinea pig, lol.
Just unzip, copy and paste the 2 folders and 5 files to the root of your microsd card.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B007Jg...0FaZUFXNjQ
@moo311

Upon opening the "<3 nedwill 2016" file, that black screen appears and shows the following:
"failed to locate takeover object :<"

I tried re-doing it about 3 times already, but it's always the same. Is there anything I might be doing wrong? This is how I've arranged my SD card, if that helps you solve the problem?

[Image: a2af7886008842ffb9c0dfc3076cf0d6.png]