The Wrong way:
Charizard X @ Charizardite X
EV's :4 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed
Nature: adamant or jolly nature
Move 1. Dragon Dance
Move 2. Outrage
Move 3. Flare Blitz
Move 4. Roost

Everyone seems to glaze over the fact that this variant of Charizard has the SAME attack and special attack, and just go max attack a speed.

On the surface this build seems sound , you hit hard you hit fast.
But, Ferrothorn is still a threat, if your opponent has his rocks up and Ferrothorn has served it's purpose and they will let it die .
While you can easily OHKO it with a Flare Blitz, you are potentially damaging yourself almost as much.
if you have taken rock damage coming in to force out Ferrothorn you can also potentially knock yourself out with recoil damage and iron barbs rocky helmet combo.

The Right Way:
Charizard X @ Charizardite X
EV's: 16 HP 16 Attack 88 Defense 252 Special Attack 136 Speed
Nature: Rash
Move 1: Dragon Dance
Move 2: Dragon Claw
Move 3: Overheat
Move 4: Earthquake/ Brick Break

With this build and set you are a more Balanced and more fearsome Sweeper.
The Hp and Defense Ev's allow you to survive scarfed Garchomp's Dragon Claw with 13 Percent health left.
As well as a Rock Slide from Garchomp doing only 45.8 % - 54.4 %.
This set also lets you survive a Tyranitar's Rock Slide with 3- 7 % health.

The Idea:

Seeing as Char X has a low Special defense and a high Special attack, the idea of limiting yourself to a physical sweeper is mind boggling to me.

After you Mega, Dragon Dance - if they were expecting Char Y you have the leg up.
Odds are They will switch into a Physical wall, Overheat will do significant damage to ANYTHING that comes in that doesnt resist.
After the Dragon Dance you will have an Attack around 450 and a Speed around 400,
and after the one dragon dance you can still OHKO a Garchomp with Dragon Claw.
you also outspeed Timid Greninja.

Move 1: Dragon Dance , as your investment is attack and speed is not maxed this helps to become an all-around threat.

Move 2: Dragon Claw will be your main STAB dragon attack, I do not use Outrage for fear of being locked in .

Move 3: Overheat is a Very Strong STAB fire type special attack that will lower your special attack by 2 stages, make sure you use it wisely .

Move 4: Earthquake hits everything strong , Hard to argue against.
However Brick Break is a great Alternative to for one of your biggest threats, Tyranitar.
A +1 Brick Break is a 75% OHKO against non defense invested Mega Tyranitar.

Synergy: Light Screen Setter, Me First user for doubles.

Using this in conjunction with Klefki or Meowstic in doubles is great helping to Buff your not so great Special defense.
Also a fast Fighting type such as Hawlucha or a scarfed Lucario is a great partner to further threaten Rock types as they are your biggest threats.

Checks:

Azumarill counters you pretty hard with typing best to remove the threat before setting up.

Scarfed Garchomp even at +1 speed you are still outsped.

I feel as if people see this Mega and assume its just a physical attacker, and you are doing it a disservice in doing so.

Try this set out maybe you will love it .

Also play around with the moves if you would like you could easily switch Overheat for Heat Wave or Fire Blast and if you prefer Outrage then try it ... I just prefer the saftey of Dragon Claw.

Either way take a second to look at the stats of Pokemon, just because the " Norm " is there and proven , doesn't mean that it is better than what hasn't been tried yet .

Cheers
Oh Hai Der   kappa
i really love this mixzard x set, its definitely a way to catch opponents off guard, and you dont have to switch after setting up and using overheat as you can switch to your physical side, very nice job heavy
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
(Oct 17, 2014, 02:40 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote: i really love this mixzard x set, its definitely a way to catch opponents off guard, and you dont have to switch after setting up and using overheat as you can switch to your physical side, very nice job heavy

Thanks Mars , like i said play around with the moveset if you like but its hard to find a better EV spread IMO.
Oh Hai Der   kappa
(Oct 17, 2014, 03:51 PM)Heavy Wrote:
(Oct 17, 2014, 02:40 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote: i really love this mixzard x set, its definitely a way to catch opponents off guard, and you dont have to switch after setting up and using overheat as you can switch to your physical side, very nice job heavy

Thanks Mars , like i said play around with the moveset if you like but its hard to find a better EV spread IMO.

the only thing i would think of doing differently is possibly changing the nature to speed or attack boosting since it has alot more SpA EVs in the spread, or just move some evs around. i know the idea is you cant boost SpA at all, but i still feel like you dont need that much investment in it
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
(Oct 17, 2014, 04:02 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote:
(Oct 17, 2014, 03:51 PM)Heavy Wrote:

the only thing i would think of doing differently is possibly changing the nature to speed or attack boosting since it has alot more SpA EVs in the spread, or just move some evs around. i know the idea is you cant boost SpA at all, but i still feel like you dont need that much investment in it

Yeah but the Max EV Rash nature is to make that Overheat HURT...without it its not going to have that punch that you need.
Oh Hai Der   kappa
Post moved to competitive build submissions. double check this with the build guidelines and request approval

http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-Ho...d-Approved
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv