5 25.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

The Shiny Showdown Week 5: Gigalith vs Magikarp
Torkoal is red,
Gigalith can be blue,
Magikarp, his shiny is better than you.

Also, I nominated Gigalith, gotta rep my man!
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Gigalith FTW easily 1of the best looking shinies in black and white and not to mention in battle it can be a total anchor.
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
Magikarp all the way. Not only does it make an amazing sushi dish, it's also the "father" of the first shiny we see in game. (in before someone corrects me and I go cry in a corner)
I chose gigalith because I think it is alot less common and harder to obtain. I like the purple and blue combo. It also takes 2 sincce you need to trade to evolve.
I personally like gigalith more. I've loved the coloration of the shiny and still do. The rich purple mixed with the bright, abrupt light blue creates a nice contrast. It's also one of the first shinies I've encountered randomly. I feel like magikarp's shiny value has gone down because of its easy accessibility. It takes the least amount of time to breed and it's evolution, gyarados, can be caught shiny in the gen 2 games/remakes.
*looks at poll*

*looks at broken windows*

*no window is left*

*jumps in fridge and curls up in ball*
Mawr
@FireTaco

Oi, that's it. We need to start hiding all our commodities from FireTaco. I better start hiding my necklaces and rings, and my bookshelves and tile floors. They'll probably start crashing through all of them once they run out of kitchen appliances.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Gigalith definitily takes my vote this week Smile  The sleek cyan blue of the obvious Sapphires coming out of its body pay omage to its mountainous habitat.  The contrast to the purple of its body is an awesome winter-esque color scheme that is not only aethetically pleasing but also appealing to the eye.

Gold magikarp to me is nothing but a gimmick.  This theme also continues to its evolution where the bold red coloration is a marketing ploy to show how magikarp eventually can become powerful.  We already know this with the regular color scheme and giving us a free red gyarados in the game is just another slap in the face to disrespect the hard-hunting player.  If you make crap gold, it's still crap.
(Oct 1, 2017, 05:22 PM)FireTaco Wrote: *looks at poll*

*looks at broken windows*

*no window is left*

*jumps in fridge and curls up in ball*

@FireTaco Its okay buddy, I will comfort you in times of need.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Gigalith definitely, I love how even its blue rocks change colors during its animations; it's not just for show (I mean, it is, but it serves as more than just that sole purpose). Its cyan-shaded rocks remind me of sapphires or other crystals you'd find in a cave (i.e. a realistic shiny that makes sense). These sorts of shinies are always neat to me
Feel free to post your favorite Pokémon FanArt here ϞϞ(๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑)∩