Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Would it be shiny or not?! O.o
So I was looking at anothers post about trading a Shelmet and a Karablast for Accelgor or Escavalier and then I started to wonder.. in order to get a shiny of either of them, do both Shelmet and Karablast have to be shiny, or does it only have to be one? I'm sorry if this sounds a stupid question.. but I literally lost sleep over it last night!!
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
Yes it will be shiny.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
@Excalibur0126 
I know that O.o

What I'm saying is, say I trade a shiny Shelmet for a regular Karablast, would the Escavalier/Acelegor be shiny or not? Or do both the Shelmet and the Karablast have to be shiny?
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
I had a shiny Shelmet and traded it for a plain Karablast.  It evovled into a shiny Accelgor.  So no both do not need to be shiny

@devilmoth
Thank you!! That's one less mystery to worry about now!
@devilmoth

Some people think you have to have two shinies, but i've done it and still have a shiny Shelmet and a reguler Escavalier
think of them as being no different than trading a kadabra, or machoke. Each poke can only turn into one thing, so they thing they become will be what is shiny.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?