Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Typhlosion is so much better than Charizard.
Typhlosion is a million times better than Charizard. I don't care what you say. You can't change me. Silver was the first pokemon game I played. I picked Cyndaquil. And now its evolution has become my favorite Pokemon. Typhlosion is better than Charizard. Say what you will. Typhlosion is better than Charizard.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Truer words have never been spoken!
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
(Mar 23, 2017, 01:53 PM)stephenWITNESS Wrote: Truer words have never been spoken!

@stephenWITNESS I know, right? Its so hard to find someone who thinks Typhlosion is actually cool! He is always second best to a lame dragon-not-dragon. Everybody claims that Charizard is so powerful, and Typhlosion stinks. But, their stats are the same! And really, Eruption and some of its other moves are a billion times better than anything Charizard has to offer. I have a Level 100 max IV Typhlosion in my Pokemon Sun game right now. I got it from the the GTS on literally the second day of owning the game (at Level 36) and I used it all throughout the game, even more than my Decidueye, which was my starter! Typhlosion is simply one of the greatest Pokemon out there.

@RetroTyphlosion I do like Charizard, and one of my favourite megas is mega zard y, but I think Typhlosion is more fun to use. I used to run a weakness policy, sunny day, solar beam Typhlosion back in oras, a very gimmicky set but when it worked it was great!
While I agree that Typhlosion is a very good pokemon, most of the "compared to Charizard" things originate from the fact that Charizard was so popular, and therefore is currently "out of style." One thing they should give MEGA-Typhlosion is a large Atk stat instead of making him a special attacker. I mean with Charizard, at least you can understand - it's modeled after a dragon, so its breath and whatnot. But Typhlosion? Seriously, GF, Jhoto's fire stater even looks like it's meant to flare blitz.
@atonementblade 100% agree with you. One of the few things that I was disappointed with in gen 7 was the lack of new megas, though z moves made up for it I still think there is room for more, and I always hoped that Typhlosion would get one. Though a physical mega Typhlosion would be sweet and aesthetically fit a lot better, I can't help but want a speedy eruption sweeper
too true. silver was also the first pokemon game i've played, and i as well chose cyndaquil.
(Mar 23, 2017, 03:19 PM)atonementblade Wrote: While I agree that Typhlosion is a very good pokemon, most of the "compared to Charizard" things originate from the fact that Charizard was so popular, and therefore is currently "out of style." One thing they should give MEGA-Typhlosion is a large Atk stat instead of making him a special attacker. I mean with Charizard, at least you can understand - it's modeled after a dragon, so its breath and whatnot. But Typhlosion? Seriously, GF, Jhoto's fire stater even looks like it's meant to flare blitz.

@atonementblade  @stephenWITNESS  Typhlosion would be a pretty cool physical attacker. However, its low physical moveset limits this. I do wish they would give it physical attack, since I would love to run that with my Typhlosion in Pokemon Sun. Its Level 100, and I Hyper-Trained all of its IV's, evn its Attack, Despite the fact it has no physical moves (Fire Blast, Eruption, Flamethrower, and Hyper Beam). I really want to give it a physical move, but even at max IV its Attack stat is still too low. When I first got my Typhloison, it had Double Kick, which I loved for the type coverage it provided. However, it soon got outclassed. Also, it would work great if GF just gave it Flare Blitz. It would have a sweet Physical move that is Super OP, and give it much more versitality. A few years ago, GF greatly improved Typhlosion's saddeningly poor moveset, a much needed change, seeing how its moveset was so awful in Gen. 2, its original games. A high Physical Attack would work well with some of its other moves too, such as the previously mentioned Double Kick, Rollout, and Double-Edge. Can you just imagine Typhlosion using Flare Blitz, though? The fire on its neck blazes incredibly powerfully, wrapping Typhlosion in its own flames as it slams into the opponent. And by the way, wouldn't a Mega Typhlosion be so cool? Perhaps its flames would become blue and its back fur would become a cool-looking black, and it could get a great dual type too! Fire-Dark, anyone?