Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Unusual Pokemon
(Oct 20, 2015, 05:26 PM)RebornFX Wrote:
(Oct 20, 2015, 04:58 PM)wpendragon Wrote: Luxray can make a physical defense wall/pivot (and can troll sp.attackers with snarl). Of course the only recovery it gets is rest so it's a bit limited but it's a gimmick set I haven't seen many if any use xD

The only reason Luxray isn't used is because Arcanine does everything it can do a lot better. Which sucks because I love Luxray Sad

Me too. I think it's on top of the list for gen 4 guys to get mega's in future releases because it is certainly a fan favorite. Or maybe I'm just hopeful XD.Also it's worth mentioning that with the combo of superpower and intimidate it could be a good alt for the arcanine/spinda combo if you really wanted to use it. Gosh wpendragon,..... it really is just "not as good electric arcanine".... poor guy... so much potential.

On the subject of guys like that. I'd love to see more of the non genie pranksters. They all have neat tricks but that dang thundurus pushes them out. He scares away my sableye every time. Sableye is definitely an underdog pokemon with potential. It's one that can mega or not. And I like mega sableye. Doing a set like:

Sableye@mega stone
Bold nature
ability: prankster
ev: 252HP 112Def 144SpD
-Will o wisp
-calm mind
-drak pluse/snarl
-recover

You can get in prankster burns early game and then either mega/recover or mega right away. He is a favorite of mine personally. But I run a full prankster more often than not. It's pretty much the same but with sitrus berry, quash in the second slot and taunt in the third.
(Oct 20, 2015, 05:49 PM)bradar485 Wrote:
(Oct 20, 2015, 05:26 PM)RebornFX Wrote:
(Oct 20, 2015, 04:58 PM)wpendragon Wrote: Luxray can make a physical defense wall/pivot (and can troll sp.attackers with snarl). Of course the only recovery it gets is rest so it's a bit limited but it's a gimmick set I haven't seen many if any use xD

The only reason Luxray isn't used is because Arcanine does everything it can do a lot better. Which sucks because I love Luxray Sad

Me too. I think it's on top of the list for gen 4 guys to get mega's in future releases because it is certainly a fan favorite. Or maybe I'm just hopeful XD.Also it's worth mentioning that with the combo of superpower and intimidate it could be a good alt for the arcanine/spinda combo if you really wanted to use it. Gosh wpendragon,..... it really is just "not as good electric arcanine".... poor guy... so much potential.  

On the subject of guys like that. I'd love to see more of the non genie pranksters. They all have neat tricks but that dang thundurus pushes them out. He scares away my sableye every time. Sableye is definitely an underdog pokemon with potential. It's one that can mega or not. And I like mega sableye. Doing a set like:

Sableye@mega stone
Bold nature
ability: prankster
ev: 252HP 112Def 144SpD
-Will o wisp
-calm mind
-drak pluse/snarl
-recover

You can get in prankster burns early game and then either mega/recover or mega right away. He is a favorite of mine personally. But I run a full prankster more often than not. It's pretty much the same but with sitrus berry, quash in the second slot and taunt in the third.

I don't have much experience with Sableye in VGC (though I know he's a b*tch in Smogon Singles), but he's something I wanted to try and I think Mega would be a pretty scary surprise in a BO1. Just curious, what do the EVs survive?

And on Luxray, there's just so many cool things you could do with the design. And it just seems like it's forgotten about.
I like Aurorus in VGC. In my opinion its a very underrated threat because it can reset weather conditions, has 100% accurate Blizzards alongside moves such as Ancient Power, Earth Power, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt and more to its disposal. Even if its not the Snow Warning variant, Refrigerate Hyper Voice still does a good chunk to the meta. The only problem with Aurorus its the combination of its speed and typing. It's a very good offensive typing but defensively its weaknesses to Rock, Steel, Fighting and Water really drag it down as common mons in the meta run these moves.

Nidoking, Parasect, Aerodactyl, Murkrow, Mienshao, Pangoro, Mesprit and Uxie I believe also have potential in this meta
[Insert signature here]