Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] 16 Thoughts
Wondering what people's opinions are on the upcoming VGC16 format. This would be the first time I've seen a format change since starting up again after many years.

What legends do you think will be banned this season? What legends would you like to see be unbanned? Any megas being banned? Any banned movesets? Any banned items?

If the main games are still ORAS for VGC16 I would like to see all Mirage Spot legends be available to be used this season, mainly just Giratina since its my favorite dual typing but all of them would be good options to use.

Was VGC14 only Kalos dex right? What if they did something like that for VGC16 only being able to use Hoenn dex Pokemon? What impact do you think this would cause? I don't think something like this would happen but it would surely be an interesting way to shake things up.

As for items I think Soul Dew should be unbanned. Lati@s aren't really that common in the first place and having a different option for them would be nice.
(This is all obviously my opinion.)

Making all Mirage Spot legendaries legal would have a negative impact on the competitive scene. Every team would be stacked with Giratina and other overpowered legendaries. With that said, I do want to see Keldeo unbanned. His counterparts are usable, I don't see why he should be banned.

Making it Hoenn Dex only would be interesting. It would completely change the Meta, with Mega Salamence reigning supreme now that Pokémon like Landorus wouldn't be allowed. I feel like Milotic would become a staple on most teams.

Soul Dew should stay banned. You would see a huge spike in usage of Lati@s if it was unbanned. It'd make Latios a powerhouse while still having access to Life Orb for another Pokémon AND not even having to use a Mega slot.
None should un-ban the Soul Dew. What is basically a free Choice Specs and Assault Vest on a Pokemon like Latios would just be far too over powered. Honestly, I think they should ban all legendaries, even the Swords and definitely the Geines. I don't think any Mega Pokemon should be banned because you only get one, and everyone has access to the same Megas. Not everyone can get a Legendary Pokemon like Landorus or Thundurus within a reasonable amount of time, but it doesn't take long to breed a Kangaskhan. So basically, No legendaries, keep all megas. Nuff said.
(Sep 6, 2015, 06:58 AM)Delta Wrote: None should un-ban the Soul Dew. What is basically a free Choice Specs and Assault Vest on a Pokemon like Latios would just be far too over powered. Honestly, I think they should ban all legendaries, even the Swords and definitely the Geines. I don't think any Mega Pokemon should be banned because you only get one, and everyone has access to the same Megas. Not everyone can get a Legendary Pokemon like Landorus or Thundurus within a reasonable amount of time, but it doesn't take long to breed a Kangaskhan. So basically, No legendaries, keep all megas. Nuff said.

Not to mention that Soul Dew doesn't have the drawbacks of being locked into one move and you can still use status moves. It's such a broken item, haha.

While I don't see them banning all legendaries, I do agree with you. Or, at the very least, limit it to only one legendary per team. That way people have to choose between Landorus, Thundurus, Heatran, Cresselia, Terrakion, Suicune, etc. I think that would be a good way to expand the Meta while still not totally banning them from competitive play.
I don't expect much change from VGC15. I do hope to see Perish Song banned, because for most of my teams it is the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!! I also expect an increase in popularity for Volcarona and Machamp.
To be honest, the VGC15 format is a fun format but it would be more fun if GameFreak took the ruleset from Battle Spot Special 11 into consideration. In case the masses aren't aware, BSS 11 is where all the Pokemon who have ever made it to the top 12 on the Battle Spot Doubles ranking were banned. This ruleset allowed underdogs such as Metagross and Gallade to go up in usage, and sadly, DV Smeargle.

VGC needs to have a sleep clause!

Also, we need more Pokemon with stranger typings. Some legendaries have some unique typings such as Giratina and Dialga. Seriously, Pokemon Z needs to be released with a new roster of Pokemon. At least 50 new evolution lines
[Insert signature here]