Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] 64-Person Tournament 9th Place Team Report
Hi everyone! Now that I've been knocked out of the tournament, I've decided that now should be the time for me to show off my team I used in the very first 64-person website tournament. This team is the very first one I've built for VGC '15. I built it when the ruleset was just announced, and, despite everything being VGC-'14 legal, I made it with the VGC '15 meta in mind. This team carried me to a peak of about 1675 rating on Doubles Battle Spot and took me to the Top 16 of the website tourney. I also beat poketuber Jamesspeed1 with it (but only off of a lucky High Jump Kick miss).

Anyway, let's look at the pokemon.

[Image: 003-m.png]

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 158 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

This was the mega I used. I originally used Mega Slowbro here, but I learned the hard way that Mega Slowbro wasn't that good. This, on the other hand, was a very nice choice. I originally ran an EV spread that survived Intimidated CB Talonflame's Brave Bird, but I didn't have any Intimidate on the team so I found it kind of pointless. This one is still very strong though, as it will OHKO basically every Rotom-W with Leaf Storm. To be honest I'm not sure what the speed investment does.

[Image: 681.png]

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 172 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Swagger
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword

This thing was a very valuable asset to my team. Its firepower and massive host of resistances made me bring it to almost every battle. Of course, the weirdest move on this set is by far Swagger. Basically, both Flash Cannon and Substitute are TMs exclusive to mirage islands, so I had to use Sacred Sword over Flash Cannon. However, this still left the issue of no Substitute. I looked through Aegislash's moveset, and decided on Swagger on a whim. It turned out to be incredible. Although I never used it well in any tournament matches, it worked great in testing and on battle spot.

[Image: 461.png]

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Protect

Just standard weavile, which turned out to be a great metagame call. Protect was nice, but Ice Shard, Ice Punch, or Low Kick could've been better choices.

[Image: 445.png]

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

I really can't say much about this. Just vanilla garchomp. I ran Lum Berry to deal with Smeargle and because Weavile took up my Focus Sash.

[Image: 479-h.png]

Mitt Romney (Rotom-Heat) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 36 Def / 140 SpA / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

This is Ray Rizzo's Rotom-H build. I wanted a more offensively-inclined Rotom, but I still wanted it to have the Sitrus Berry and use Will-O-Wisp, so this was a good solution. This helped me nuke some things with Overheat and support my teammates with Will-O-Wisp. Its huge array of resistances was also pretty handy.

[Image: 184.png]

Justin Flynn (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 100 Def / 44 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

This is an interesting set. I already had Sitrus Berry used up, so I decided to try Assault Vest instead. This was originally a Scrafty, but after I switched out the Slowbro for Venusaur, I switched out Scrafty for Azumarill. This set really surprised me with its incredible bulk, and I would really recommend it, especially because most people have a hard time finding an open turn to use Belly Drum.

Anyway, that's my team. Let me know what you guys think!
Nice team Peppermint, Mega Venusaur is always so hard for me to KO! Ive never seen one with Leaf Storm, but I'm sure that hits hard!
#TeamForum

Pro azumarill name  kappa
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Jan 14, 2015, 01:27 PM)Justin Wrote: Pro azumarill name  kappa

Well azumarill plays the drums Kappa