Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] April VGC 2015 Forum Tourney (Canceled)
April VGC 2015 Forum Tourney (Canceled)
[Image: salamence_vs__garchomp___the_final_battl...4h40gw.jpg]
deviantart by pokemon-master

Overiew

For this month, I'll be hosting a upcoming BO3 single elimination tourney with VGC 2015 rules with Saturday at about the same time as usual.  I won't plan on doing any Swiss tourneys anytime soon until we get enough participates for these tourneys like 16+. Single eliminations are much faster and we don't have to deal with battle code issues were anyone can max out their battle videos for the day. Again best of 3 is chosen because RNG can still sway a match to anyone's favor and I want the best player to win out of all the participates. If we get 16 people+ the first round battles will have best of one just for time sake.

MAJOR UPDATE (4/18/2015)

I regret to inform you guys I have to cancel the tourney for day considering the lack of people registered and the fact I won't be able to attend myself due to personal matters brought up. I'll try my best to organize the following "No Lengendary" tourney which I know some of you are interested in.

Prizes

Prizes will be determine later on this week

1ST Place: 3 BR Mega Pokemon w stones and a Event Pokemon (either singles or doubles format)

2ND Place: 2 Br Pokemon + Event Pokemon

3RD Place and  1 Event Pokemon

Registration

I will be using a "Battlefly" as our main tournament format. For those interested in competing in this tournament, first setup a "Battlefly" account to register, next click the "Join" button. There you'll be asked for the password (VGC2015) and you will be entered. After you have logged in, please give out the following information such as friend code, in-game-name, and/or twitch name/forum name.

The tourney will start at about 10:00 am Pacific (GMT: -8) with check in about 30 minutes beforehand.

Tournament rules

Here are some rules and some regulations about the tournament. Please read through when considering to join.

- Standard VGC 15 rules apply. If you don't know the ruleset, here's a link to nuggetbridge for the official 2015 VGC ruleset.

-Each round will be a best of 3 including the finals. If there are 16+ people, the first round will be a best of 1 format.

- As far as pokemon legality goes, you can bring any pokemon as long as it complies to VGC 2015 rules and aren't obvious hacks (ie over 510+ evs, illegal movesets/abilities). Likewise I don't want people to assert claims about the opposing team not being "legit" and I want this tourney to run smoothly.

-Disconnections: If there is a disconnection in the battle, both players are entitled to have another match with their conditions (same leads, different mons), without any penalties. However if it is notice that one of the Player's internet connection isn't working properly, unfortunately I will be force to drop that person out after 3 DCs. If someone disconnects while the battle outcome is bluntly obvious (ex. 3-4 healthy/capable Pokemon while opponent has 1-2 [if both have status] low health pokemon and gets outspeed), they lose their match automatically (not the round itself).  

-NOTE: I will be working on this page and the battlefly page throughout the week so stay tune for updates.

Countdown to "Check In"

Here's a countdown link of the tournament.
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/gen...RNEY&csz=1

Link to the Tournament

Link  
Report Codes

FORUM CHAT
http://www.twitch.tv/vgc2015forum/

Password: VGC2015
Looks like I'm entering. Time to find me a VGC team :P
[Insert signature here]
I like bo3 single elimination!!
#TeamForum

for some reason when i click the battle fly link it brings me to the main menu and not the tourny
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
Im in, now to learn the VGC rules...
what is BO3 single elimination
Best of three with each opponent. If you loose 2 of the 3 you're eleminated. Gives you a chance to play more
#TeamForum

Ok thx tygaa
I figured BO3 was the best way to go because RNG is still a detrimental factor in competitive Pokemon games and could potentially decides matches. Honestly no one IMO doesn't want someone to breeze through the tourney with a reputable amount of "luck" with say things like Rock Slide flinches, freezes, parahax, Swagger, etc without eliciting some form of competitive skill and decision making. That said, BO3 is the best compromise to mitigate the amount of "hax" in battle while give players a chance to get back in their series. Even though I haven't done Swiss Rounds for awhile now, we haven't had enough people to participate (like 16+) where I'm might do at least 5 BO1 matches and have the top 8 (or top 4) advance. Usually I find that people will leave the tourney given their circumstances and we'll have like 11-12 people left. Single eliminations likely encourages people to stay in the tournament and the opportunity to win prizes. Probably the only other reason why I might incorporate Swiss Rounds again is to mimic Premier Challenges but for the time being I'll stick with this format.
I'm in! BO3 will be interesting :D