Poll: Do you want future Pokemon Tourneys to be on Pokemon Showdown?
This poll is closed.
Yes
72.73%
8 72.73%
No
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] August VGC Tourney Thread (August 9 on SHOWDOWN!)
August VGC Tourney (No. 1)  
[Image: salamence_vs__garchomp___the_final_battl...4h40gw.jpg]
deviantart by pokemon-master

Overiew

After a long hiatus, I've decided to host a BO3 single elimination tourney specified for standard VGC rules for people to prepare for Justin's Sub Tourneys this August. Like I've said beforehand, this tourney won't have Swiss rounds largely due to the fact we usually don't have enough participates with at least 16+. In addition, single elimination in the past have run much smoothly and we don't deal with battle code issues such as capping out at 10 videos a day. On a final note, BO3 was chosen since RNG can sway a match to anyone's favor and I honestly believe the best player should win out of all the participate. This Tourney will be the first of possibly many to be hosted on Pokemon Showdown just to a run the tourney a bit more faster. Basically the reason why I chose Showdown is many because its accessible and just about anyone can login and make a team there thanks to their teambuilder. For anyone unacquainted with Pokemon Showdown, here's a link to the site.

Important Note:
I'm going to ask this question: do you want future tourneys to be on Pokemon Showdown instead of In-Game? This would eliminate any issue of disconnections and allow us to run the tourney in under 2 hours at worst. If I do this, please refrain from editing your team (at least not gender/shiny/nickname) such as evs, coverage moves, etc. Please don't otherwise I'll make some disqualifications.

Updates:

Rescheduling: I regret to inform everyone that the tournament will be pushed back to August 8, 2015 at about the same time 10:00 AM Pacific [GMT: - 8] for several reasons largely time based. I practically announced this tourney in such short notice and I want to give everyone about a week to prepare and get ready. Just when I was about to post the original thread, I saw N_Nonymous post a thread regarding the 1st Pokemon Forever Smash tour so I don't want to have any time schedule conflicts where people want to join both tourneys. Finally I want to fill up all the spot in the tourney especially this is on Showdown and honestly I don't think anyone should even complain about this. There is very little chance in which the there will be possible disconnections since either the servers are restarting (shouldn't take long) or if the person computer/laptop/device isn't working they can't even partake to begin with. To make that clear, the tourney will be held this next Saturday at the same time.

Prizes

Update: There will be some prizes.... I just need to figure out  what to give out alright.  

Registration

I will be using a "Battlefly" as our main tournament format. For those interested in competing in this tournament, first setup a "Battlefly" account to register, next click the "Join" button. There you'll be asked for the password (VGC2015) and you will be entered. After you have logged in, please give out the following information such as friend code, in-game-name, and/or twitch name/forum name.

Since this is on Showdown and I can't change the registration as such, please submit your registration as the following:

In-Game = Forum Name (from Pokemon Forever)

Friend Code = Showdown Name (One you'll be using for the tourney)

Twitch Name = Well your active Twitch Name

The tourney will start at about August 9, 2015 10:00 am Pacific (GMT: -8) with check in about 30 minutes beforehand. We can start early if possible.

Tournament rules

Here are some rules and some regulations about the tournament. Please read through when considering to join.

- Standard VGC 15 rules apply. If you don't know the ruleset, here's a link to nuggetbridge for the official 2015 VGC ruleset.

-Each round will be a best of 3 including the finals.

- As far as pokemon legality goes, you can bring any pokemon as long as it complies to VGC 2015 rules and aren't obvious hacks (ie over 510+ evs, illegal movesets/abilities). Likewise I don't want people to assert claims about the opposing team not being "legit" and I want this tourney to run smoothly.

-NO ONE IS ALLOWED to change or alter their Pokemon no matter what (IN-GAME), or at least based on stats/coverage (Showdown). If someone is "caught" doing so via battle videos, then the player is automatically disqualified.

-Disconnections: If there is a disconnection in the battle, both players are entitled to have another match with their conditions (same leads, different mons), without any penalties. However if it is notice that one of the Player's internet connection isn't working properly, unfortunately I will be force to drop that person out after 3 DCs. If someone disconnects while the battle outcome is bluntly obvious (ex. 3-4 healthy/capable Pokemon while opponent has 1-2 [if both have status] low health pokemon and gets outspeed), they lose their match automatically (not the round itself).  

-Showdown Rules: If this is a Showdown tourney, please message the player you're suppose to fight and initial a battle ASAP. Each round has about 30 minutes to complete (since this is on Showdown and battles here go by quicker). Players can elect the use of the Showdown timer, however if it does down to zero, the person who either disconnected or timed out loses their first match (not round since its a best of 3).

-The following moves are banned in this tourney for time purpose: Minimize, Double Team,  Psych-Up (if used to boost evasion to another Pokemon), and Moody Evasion + Baton Pass/Psych Up. Anyone catch using these moves will be DQed from the tourney.

-NOTE: I will be working on this page and the battlefly page throughout the weekend so stay tune for updates.

Countdown to "Check In"

Here's a countdown link of the tournament.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?...sive&csz=1http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?...sive&csz=1

Link to the Tournament

http://battlefy.com/black117/august-summ...42cdb/info

FORUM CHAT
http://www.twitch.tv/vgc2015forum/

Password: VGC2015
HYPE!!! :D

EDIT: Intresting idea for using Pokemon Showdown for the tournaments this could be really good, like you said we dont have to worry about DC's and everyone can watch when the battles are starting, also dont have to worry about the hastle of breeding the pokemon
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I'm still working on the page btw so I'll get the links working.

Important Edit: When registering, please submit your registration as the following:

In-Game = Forum Name

Showdown Name = The one you'll be using online

Twitch Name = Well your active Twitch Name duh...
Are we doing this on Showdown? Or is it going to be an In-Game thing?
This tourney is going to hosted on Showdown so we can get the battles done faster. I was planning on doing an In-Game tourney but just notice the Smash tourney was posted around the same time. I'm going to say the tourney is going to be held at Sunday at about 10:00 am pacific ( - 8:00 GMT ) unless it needs to be rescheduled.

Either way I believe that each round shouldn't take more than 20 minute since its on Showdown so hopefully we can finish in about 2 hours.

Edit: Yes this tourney page is a skeleton of one I've used many times since we have done so many In-Game Tourneys. However I'm going to update the rules regarding Pokemon Showdown.
I also forgot to mention, can you bring Moody/Acupressure? They can both raise Evasion, but not always.
Look the reason why I've decided to implement the banned on Minimize/Double Team and Evasion  basically I don't want someone stalling and wasting everyone's else time setting up with evasion tactics such as Simple Beam + Minimize Muk + Mega Sableye/Espeon (Magic Bounce). I know these moves/attack aren't banned by the Pokemon Company but the thing is I'm hosting a tourney and want to run it as smooth as possible.

To answer your question, yes Moody/Acupressure would automatically result in a DQ, if the user either A) uses Psych-Up and receives and evasion boost, or B) Baton Passes (I'm gonna include banning BP + Evasion) it to any Pokemon because its INTENTIONAL.
I'll join.

HYPE!!

Too bad I cannot bring mega-Audino and mininize Muk Kappa
I'd love to join this, but alas, I have to work that day. BibleThump
Why do I have to have responsibilities?
This is going to be my first competition with, an actual structured thing, so if someone could please explain how the matchmaking works? And do we just say who won the round, or do we need to save and submit every battle we do?