Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Best Pokemon Teams In VGC 2017 (International Championships London)

Now that Sun and Moon is out here is a list of the Top Pokemon teams so you can see some of the best Pokemon in VGC 2017. These are the results of the First Pokemon international Tournament in London featuring players from all over the world including Pokemon World Champion Wolfe Glick (@Wolfey)  and many more.

I've included the results for last year's Pokemon World Championships top cut players so you can see how they did in this tournament, as well.

There was a lot of controversy in this tournament because players had certain Pokemon on their teams banned due to accidentally writing the wrong information on their teams sheets.

If you want movesets for some of the best competitive Pokemon then click here for our VGC 2017 and SMOGON OU Pokemon Moveset Forum.

WINNER

Miguel Marti de La Torre
[Image: tapukoko.png][Image: celesteela.png][Image: gigalith.png][Image: garchomp.png][Image: gastrodon-east.png][Image: arcanine.png]

TOP CUT

Nico Davide Cognetta
[Image: tapulele.png][Image: celesteela.png][Image: krookodile.png][Image: gastrodon-east.png][Image: porygon2.png][Image: arcanine.png]

Michele Gavelli
 [Image: tapulele.png][Image: xurkitree.png][Image: araquanid.png][Image: porygon2.png][Image: marowak-alola.png][Image: gyarados.png]

Ben Kyriakou
 [Image: kartana.png][Image: oranguru.png][Image: milotic.png][Image: hariyama.png][Image: marowak-alola.png][Image: ninetales-alola.png]

William Tansley
 [Image: tapukoko.png][Image: kartana.png][Image: gigalith.png][Image: porygon2.png][Image: raichu-alola.png][Image: gyarados.png]

Tobias Koschitzki
[Image: tapubulu.png][Image: salamence.png][Image: magnezone.png][Image: hariyama.png][Image: porygon2.png][Image: politoed.png]

Tommy Cooleen
[Image: tapukoko.png][Image: tapubulu.png][Image: porygon2.png][Image: golduck.png][Image: pelipper.png][Image: muk-alola.png]

Nils Dunlop
 [Image: tapulele.png][Image: kartana.png][Image: raichu-alola.png][Image: marowak-alola.png][Image: pelipper.png][Image: muk-alola.png]

VGC 2016 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS TOP CUT FINISHES
(FROM DAY 2 LONDON DECEMBER 2017)

Wolfe Glick (10-3)
[Image: tapubulu.png][Image: magnezone.png][Image: salamence.png][Image: politoed.png][Image: porygon2.png][Image: muk-alola.png]

Till Bohmer (10-3)
 [Image: tapukoko.png][Image: celesteela.png][Image: goodra.png][Image: gastrodon-east.png][Image: porygon2.png][Image: marowak-alola.png]
Baris Akcos (10-4)
[Image: tapubulu.png][Image: celesteela.png][Image: salamence.png][Image: gastrodon-east.png][Image: gigalith.png][Image: arcanine.png]

Jonathan Evans (10-4)
[Image: kartana.png][Image: incineroar.png][Image: goodra.png][Image: politoed.png][Image: golduck.png]BAN:[Image: tapubulu.png]

Eduardo Cunha (9-5)
 [Image: tapukoko.png][Image: celesteela.png][Image: garchomp.png][Image: marowak-alola.png][Image: golduck.png]BAN:[Image: pelipper.png]

Markus Stadter (9-5)
 [Image: tapukoko.png][Image: celesteela.png][Image: arcanine.png][Image: garchomp.png][Image: gengar.png]BAN:[Image: gastrodon-east.png]

Sebastian Escalante (9-5)
[Image: tapulele.png][Image: tapubulu.png][Image: celesteela.png][Image: gyarados.png][Image: garchomp.png][Image: marowak-alola.png]
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Seems like the meta is stabilizing, now it'll be easier to create teams to counter these pokemon, VGC17 is gonna be so much more fun then 16 ever was
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
@Justin 
Thanks for the list. I can very well see the synergy these mons have. Time to compare it with mine and make changes!
no problem @hyunwoo0124 that's how we do homie.
Hey Flynn What does the word ban next to the Pokemon imply?
And the centralizing begins...
[Insert signature here]
(Dec 12, 2016, 12:19 PM)PoseidonVGC Wrote: Hey Flynn What does the word ban next to the Pokemon imply?

That person was unable to use that pokemon in competition due to a team sheet error.
[Image: raw]

Me and my friends will just cut through here...
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
We should all definitely take note of these teams given that the format is still early and there's not much I'd say "sample teams" to try out aside the "Big Six" between Tapu Koko, Lele, Gyara, Marowak, Celesteela, and CHomp. As expected, most of the teams have at least one Tapu fairy and a composition that allows them to function well. I feel like the format is still too early to get a sense of what's going to be "consistent". Like there's many unexplored stuff with some of the new and old Pokemon who might see some increase as a respond to these teams, though this is always the case.
I'm really impressed of how popular Kartana is. Didn't think it was getting that popular. I'm even thinking about training mine!