Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Battle Spot Doubles Team : A Sand Tornado!
Hi guys I am back with another team I replaced for the current one I was using. Cuz there was a lot to do and things always almost complicated, the team wasn’t bad but this one is something I have lot of comfort using with. It also has some really interesting mons so welcome to this post. Let’s get started with this team building process to get an outline for the mon selections and then head into the team :

Team building process:
So as for a first I was looking for a mega and though scpetile might be good to work around but no matter whatever I built, the team had major weaknesses to some of the most common types and mons in the metagame, so that I idea was dropped, going down the list garchomp shone out to me, and also I did had some ideas to use it effectively.
[Image: garchomp-mega.png]

Next came up some always effective idea that go well with mega garchomp and have proven their worth in the past. Then came the tyranitar and I needed a tailwind setter so added tornadus, as I had a few things in mind to synergize it with the team.
[Image: garchomp-mega.png] [Image: tyranitar.png] [Image: tornadus.png]

Next I put on rotom-w to deal with things that my first three mons were weak to and take in effective switch in’s.
[Image: garchomp-mega.png] [Image: tyranitar.png] [Image: tornadus.png] [Image: rotom-wash.png]

The top four were the central idea of this team, with the last two slots I focused on correcting the flaws in the first four and added venu for rain and fairy weakness, then added up lucario for the fighting coverage, which completed the team.
[Image: garchomp-mega.png] [Image: tyranitar.png] [Image: tornadus.png] [Image: rotom-wash.png] [Image: venusaur-mega.png] [Image: lucario.png]

The Team:

[Image: garchomp-mega.gif]
Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite  
Ability: Sand Force  
Level: 50  
EV's: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 4 Def / 84 SDef / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Rock Slide  
- Outrage
- Protect

So the first team member is garchomp, with pure offensive pressure. I didn’t choose for a mixed spread cuz then I would’ve gave myself an auto-loss to myself even to weak moves like ice wind and loss in a 1-on-1 condition. The pure sheer offensive investment and speed makes it useful in it’s standard form as well, whenever opted in the basic form. Garchomp is simple and gain advantages from it’s team mates like tornadus and tyranitar. 2 x mons immune to ground and another two to boost it’s attacking power it is almost always gonna be an effective offensive beast on the field. There isn’t much time where I brought it standard in a match either m-venu or m-chomp get’s on the field. I took a note to not m-evolve the turn if I send it out and simply portect stall to keep the speed barriers higher. Thanks to Delta for sharing his awesome spread to me!

252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 179-213 (83.2 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 172-203 (80 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 186-222 (86.5 - 103.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Mega Swampert Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Garchomp: 184-220 (85.5 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
112 SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 180-212 (83.7 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
124+ Atk Mega Garchomp Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 204-242 (119.2 - 141.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
124+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Heatran in Sand: 198-234 (105.3 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
124+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield in Sand: 146-174 (87.4 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
124+ Atk Mega Garchomp Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 278-330 (165.4 - 196.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

[Image: tyranitar.gif]
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Rock Slide  
- Crunch  
- Ice Beam  
- Superpower

Tyranitar had to come with garchomp to fulfill it’s purpose. Choice scarf allows it to get of fast rock slides and get me away with lucky hax. Sandstream is the ablity that also puts some stall work with things like leech seed and will-o-wisp against things like cresselia. Tyranitar gives a bit of coverage with dark and fighting type as well as ice beam to help hit tons of types dragons and ground types for good damage. There really isn’t much to say about a scarfed tyranitar, it’s standard and does it’s job. If someone wonders why exactly I am using the idea of a scarfed t-tar or not a LO or WP variant was that I didn’t wanted the whole of my team to be reliant on tailwind and needed some speed to control whence tailwind peters out or even before it is set up.

SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 140-168 (85.3 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
0- SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0- SpD Salamence: 156-188 (91.2 - 109.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Tyranitar Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 154-182 (92.2 - 108.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Tyranitar Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 256-304 (146.2 - 173.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tyranitar Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 154-182 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Tyranitar Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 280-332 (198.5 - 235.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tyranitar Superpower vs. 252 HP / 96 Def Ferrothorn: 104-124 (57.4 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 102-120 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Etc….

[Image: tornadus.gif]
Tornadus @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 152 HP / 4 Atk / 152 Def / 164 SpD / 36 Spe  
Careful Nature  
- Sky Drop  
- Tailwind  
- Role Play  
- Taunt

Tornadus is the pokemon I am most excited to discuss with you guys. So whenever I looked at using the geni’s I’ll look at thundy and lando, and I say they are threats, and whenever I looked at tornadus, it was like…. Ok this mon is bad. Until now and the re-introduced moves really excited me, as I saw Wolfe Glick once play a move I am using *role play* so here is my explanation for this set I chose. Tornadus was the thought of a tailwind setter. So tailwind had to come. Taunt was way too helpful to shut down everything, so I couldn’t drop that idea of using it. The third move role play is very interesting it can be used to copy , basically mirror abilities. Why and how is it useful? well the first thing is the weather, many times I’ll lead with t-tar vs another team with a charizard, as the charizard m-evolved whenever the sun came out I role played my own t-tar to reset sand. Another thing is to copy venu’s thick fat or even lucario’s inner focus even if it gives up prankster it is a turn later that it has done the work with prankster. Other benefits are taking advantage of opponent’s intimidate, flash fire, lightningrod, swift swim, sand rush and etc and sure was helpful in a lot of my matches. Sky drop is again an amazing utility move here, going for tailwind +fast sky drop negates atleast a turn and get’s me in a much better defensive position to do stuff, which was amazing in tons of matches. Now for the EV spread, I copied Toler Webb’s nationals thundurus spread, it gives it the advantage of both defenses and tons of attacks to 2-3HKO’s because it was simply tempting to use. The speed investment is here to speed creep the mons who are built to creep max speed brelooms which is again a good benchmark.
Another interesting note that I took off of tornadus while in many battles was that sometimes a move will leave me under just the sitrus activation point (at bout 55% health) and then it’ll be weak to it’s partner’s attack and may get knocked out pretty easily on the next turn. While in this situation sitrus berry was crocked thanks to sandstorm’s residual damage and turned their moves into a possible 3HKO which was nice. Though at some points tornadus did got knocked out by my own sandstorm but it wasn’t before it left a advantage on to for my own team.

252 Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 152 HP / 152 Def Tornadus: 78-92 (45 - 53.1%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Kangaskhan Return vs. 152 HP / 152 Def Tornadus: 85-102 (49.1 - 58.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 152 HP / 152 Def Tornadus: 135-160 (78 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 152 HP / 152 Def Tornadus: 100-118 (57.8 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
212+ SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 152 HP / 164+ SpD Tornadus: 128-152 (73.9 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 152 HP / 164+ SpD Tornadus: 100-118 (57.8 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
My showdown won’t work for sitrus for some reason so apologies…

[Image: rotom-wash.gif]
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 116 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Hydro Pump  
- Thunderbolt  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Protect

Rotom-w is a pokemon I have experience using effectively and with this specific staple spread for the past year since VGC 15 was introduced, basically I was the one of the first people who were actually running bisharp-creeper toms. Rotom-w just simply amazingly auto-checks many meta mons. Whether it was the popular most geni-duo lead, heatran, rotom-h, charizard and specially behind tailwind I don’t have to risk getting damage before I land a super effective hit. With things like scarfed t-tar with often little room to go for a super power, on a doubtful OHKO or just dependant on the situation, also it had potential to do a lot with sucker punches and iron head, so it had to be countered with the speed EV’s and burn back before they make a move. It is also good against things like P-u-P kang as it tries to boost to settle it back to neutral. Accuracy was a big trade off in my practice matches but t sure is worth it. It also is for switch in’s like ice attacks mostly from tornadus and garchomp. After handling the sitrus berry to my tornadus for it’s betterment considering how important it is for the team, I added leftovers to counter-act sandstorm’s residual damage as well as get into a slightly better postion by protect stall and maybe survive an upcoming attack.

[Image: venusaur-mega.gif]
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite  
Ability: Chlorophyll  
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 52 SpD / 4 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Leech Seed  
- Protect  
- Sludge Bomb  
- Giga Drain

Mega venusaur was put after a lot of though from many threats to the top four mons on this list. I literally at one point though that this team can’t work well if it faces those threats on the field any day. These specific thingies were rain, ludicolo beats almost everything to perfection and the threat of hyper voices from sylveon and gardevoir was very real. a grass poison type could be the answer however the ice weakness shouldn’t be added more to the team, in this case the perfect mon to handle issue and threats mentioned was a mega venusaur. I went on and choose Aaron Zheng’s spread from APEX which may seem like a long time ago however this spread helped it leech seed and bulk stall many opponents and was more than good in the late game. The sp.atk investment may seem idiotic with it’s means of doing damage but to be honest it also get’s 2HKO’es on the same mons with these investments. Venusaur handles the teams very well that have sylveon or dominant rain or bulky waters and becomes an amazing substitution for mega garchomp where it couldn’t shine as much. Tailwind further triggers this mon to a new level of being a threat. Leech seed also counter-acts the residual damage taken from sandstorm while punishing others as well.
I am not trying to prove that stall works in VGC but there were too many good scenarios in battles to talk about here. Mega venusaur gains momentum from using leech seeds and firing of sludge bombs to get poisons which idk how but it does bout 50% of the time. And most of the time I brought tyranitar. It was hilariously funny to see opponent’s struggling against 3 auto-damage counters at once and slowly helplessly fade away on their selves.

76 SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Sylveon: 102-120 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
76 SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Politoed: 108-128 (65 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Mega Venusaur in Rain: 50-59 (26.7 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 124+ Def Mega Venusaur: 114-135 (60.9 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 124+ Def Mega Venusaur: 114-134 (60.9 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Mega Venusaur: 168-198 (89.8 - 105.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
76 SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 92-110 (52.5 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
76 SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Suicune: 84-102 (40.5 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
76 SpA Mega Venusaur Helping Hand Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Suicune: 126-150 (60.8 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 124+ Def Mega Venusaur: 151-179 (80.7 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
etc.....

[Image: lucario.gif]
Lucario @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Inner Focus  
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Close Combat  
- Feint
- Helping Hand  
- Protect

Last slot is here and you were weirded out that why am I using a lucario over many other things that should be used? Well let’s get to the reasons why I choose it and then jump into the spread and moveset: my team had no absolute way to counter a kangaskhan, not even one! Accept when you nail W-o-W with your rotom-w. still fighting coverage is something I notice myself keeping in every team that I build so it couldn’t be absent for this one. At first I was into the thought of using an AV hariyama but then the fairy weakness would get me every time if played smartly and even the thought of scrafty is worse than hari’s fairy weakness. I needed something to take atleast one move and still no be weak to things like ice mostly. Lucario is a pokemon that shone to me from the list. Even though the hyper voice is neutral it can always survive atleast one with it’s focus sash. It’s inner focus ability made it even better against kang’s with fake out (hope fully they don’t low kick :P) bullet punch is weak but good against faries however it never got used, not even once I might replace it for some other moves. Close combat is self explanatory. However I am gonna get questions for the choice of helping hand. This move was actually put over a lot of though regarding to support the team.
This  slot originally was a blaze kick to absolutely OHKO a ferrothorn, but then I looked up for it’s movepool and came across many moves that should be used instead of it as ferro already takes a chunk from CC. Helping hand came with a lot of serious help to this medium-offense team needed. Seriously I mean just think of it. Tyranitar has rock slide, garchomp has two other spread moves,venusaur and rotom aren’t the beast of the variants they are (special attackers) helping hand basically contributed to the whole of the team when lucario can’t do much offensively on the field. This move came in handy against priority moves like aegi’s shadow sneak once to pick up the OHKO and control the situation from there. Hence bullet punch is almost never getting used should I opt for feint over it? yes i did, many times, just like once i lost a match and noticed that my opponents would double protect stall me if they see on of my mons going down to sand damage feint is the perfect move in those matches. feint also makes my protect <---> damage predict game much much better Now the spread not much fo the 252/252/4 EV’ as u already know what it is for but I may get questioned for specifically using adamant nature on my mon other than jolly as most would think. Well lucario is a fast mon with a base 90 speed stat with 252 investment it outspeeds things like breloom, bisharp etc as well as 252 timid heatran by exactly one point ‘142’ and further from their I didn’t saw any real reason to give it the jolly nature other than simple opt for move power. Another good thingie sandstorm doesn’t breaks luc’s sash. After tailwind it outspeeds kangs and destroys terrakions as well.

252+ Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 192-228 (96.9 - 115.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 204-240 (112.7 - 132.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 212 HP / 20 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 198-234 (95.6 - 113%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
etc.... *good stuffs counter*

Team Mechanism:
.Many people still not get the raw components of the team so I thought it would be reasonable to put forward how I play this team to win. This team takes advantage of tailwind in the early stages of the game and then bulk out the last few weak one’s left. Especially mega venusaur in one game took out 3 opposing mons whence tailwind was down by the help of leech seed, G-drain healing and the good stuffs of a sludge bomb getting poisons, don’t forget that sandstorm was up a few turns.
.The team get’s into better positions by switching in-and-out mostly using sky drop of tornadus to waste turn and get something really useful on the field. Tornadus is the mon that carries this team to victory and the rate at which it is brought is 100% for now.
.The whole team ended up pretty much in junction with sandstorm from t-tar as u saw some great examples, while it works as a squad against the metagame well too. Btw it wasn’t intended from start to make a team almost immune to sandstorm.
. This team doesn't really work or win with glory of beating up 4-0 or 3-0 cuz that simply doesn't matter until timer stall runs in. it usually takes a 1-on-1 in the end. there were situations where garchomp wrecked everything and gave me a 4-0 win.

Battle Vids:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-276090483

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-276092141

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-276095390

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-276088029

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-276098959

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-276100452

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-276144282

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-276146761

Conclusion:
So guys this was another team i am putting forward here i had lots of fun playing with it and hope u are also looking forward to try it out and give me some useful suggestions to make it even better. i think this was all known to me for this team and i gave i enough info to get useful ratings. plz don't give me negativity for me using mons like lucario and garchomp and standard and mega respectively . Hope u enjoyed reading through! Bye for now! Smile
Well, I will be honest, I don't have much to say. I love the team composition, and I especially love Mega Garchomp. I think it is such an under-used mega. However, I would change the EV spread, as well as the moveset. I have poured lots of love into finding a great Garchomp moveset, and here is my best:
Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 84 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Protect
- Rock Slide

I can't remember what the 44 speed, was, probably just a speed creep, but I am pretty sure it is needed. Anyways, the most important calculation for this build is it can survive a Life Orb Modest Sylveon using Hyper Voice. Ya, it is that awesome.
52+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 179-213 (83.2 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 210-248 (97.6 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

There is one more thing I have to mention. Your Tornadus uses regular Kangaskhan, instead of actual Kangaskhan (Mega Kangaskhan) so, you need to run bold just to survive an Adamant Return. Food for thought.
http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?44...79w|3m|448

Basically an idea of what your team looks like on paper. Off the bat I can see this team struggling with the Mence + Terrakion + Milotic architecture core. Basically any bulky water type properly supported by a Venu counter has ease in disrupting your team.

The base core of the team is interesting as well seeing as how two of the three mons are weak to Ice while the other is weak to both Water and Ground meaning that right there bulky Water types and even double genie cuts through this core. This explains why you chose Rotom-W and Venusaur, however, these mons cling more to a defensive playstyle which contradicts the main core which is based on offense.

But back to the core. Tornadus' moveset is very unique indeed. The Role Play idea is genius to be honest but in most cases, if Charizard comes in on a choice scarfed Tyranitar, even if it resets the weather, Rock Slide still OHKOs the Charizard which allows you to switch out and switch back in. For other weathers, especially Rain, there is always some form of Fake Out present meaning that if the opponent were to Fake Out Tornadus, you wouldn't be able to reset the weather. The other perks to this are very situational and losing Prankster stops Tornadus from effectively using its support moves which is what it was meant for in the first place.

I would of loved to see something like Sky Drop + Hurricane/Thunder/Smack Down or Sky Drop with a No Guard user as a former member (correct me if I'm wrong about this), AbruptFury, once did in a tournament here with Aerodactyl and Machamp. Sky Drop does stop Pokemon from attacking for one turn but how much else can you get done in that turn for it to make enough of an impact on the following turns?

A move like Heat Wave would be good on this Tornadus build to snipe mons such as Ferrothorn, Breloom, Scizor, Metagross etc who love to take advantage of sand modes by being immune to the residual damage, possessing super effective attacks for Tyranitar and possibly other mons in the core and not being weak to the attacks used in sand mode.

For Garchomp, I would recommend going for a mixed attacking set with Earthquake, Rock Slide, Draco Meteor and Protect. Reason for Draco Meteor is that you have 4 physical attackers and no way of dealing with common intimidaters effectively. Sure you have Rotom's 4/5 hitting Hydro Pump and Tyranitar's Ice Beam for Landorus-T, Arcanine and Gyarados but if your opponent has checks for these mons then you're going to have a warm time. Draco Meteor allows you to still effectively attack even after burns and intimidates. It also allows you to OHKO Mence 100% of the time.

-1 252+ Atk Mega Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 102-120 (59.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Mega Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 186-222 (108.7 - 129.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lucario here is a pretty weird choice because all it really does is give you more Fighting weaknesses. For the set, I'd say Close Combat/Low Kick, Bullet Punch, Follow Me/Helping Hand and Protect. Feint doesn't really do much for you here.

Not a bad team. I'd give it a 6.8/10

The core is strong and has been established and the other mons complement the core enough in my opinion
[Insert signature here]
(Oct 1, 2015, 07:12 PM)Marcusube Wrote: http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?44...79w|3m|448

Basically an idea of what your team looks like on paper. Off the bat I can see this team struggling with the Mence + Terrakion + Milotic architecture core. Basically any bulky water type properly supported by a Venu counter has ease in disrupting your team.

The base core of the team is interesting as well seeing as how two of the three mons are weak to Ice while the other is weak to both Water and Ground meaning that right there bulky Water types and even double genie cuts through this core. This explains why you chose Rotom-W and Venusaur, however, these mons cling more to a defensive playstyle which contradicts the main core which is based on offense.

But back to the core. Tornadus' moveset is very unique indeed. The Role Play idea is genius to be honest but in most cases, if Charizard comes in on a choice scarfed Tyranitar, even if it resets the weather, Rock Slide still OHKOs the Charizard which allows you to switch out and switch back in. For other weathers, especially Rain, there is always some form of Fake Out present meaning that if the opponent were to Fake Out Tornadus, you wouldn't be able to reset the weather. The other perks to this are very situational and losing Prankster stops Tornadus from effectively using its support moves which is what it was meant for in the first place.

I would of loved to see something like Sky Drop + Hurricane/Thunder/Smack Down or Sky Drop with a No Guard user as a former member (correct me if I'm wrong about this), AbruptFury, once did in a tournament here with Aerodactyl and Machamp. Sky Drop does stop Pokemon from attacking for one turn but how much else can you get done in that turn for it to make enough of an impact on the following turns?

A move like Heat Wave would be good on this Tornadus build to snipe mons such as Ferrothorn, Breloom, Scizor, Metagross etc who love to take advantage of sand modes by being immune to the residual damage, possessing super effective attacks for Tyranitar and possibly other mons in the core and not being weak to the attacks used in sand mode.

For Garchomp, I would recommend going for a mixed attacking set with Earthquake, Rock Slide, Draco Meteor and Protect. Reason for Draco Meteor is that you have 4 physical attackers and no way of dealing with common intimidaters effectively. Sure you have Rotom's 4/5 hitting Hydro Pump and Tyranitar's Ice Beam for Landorus-T, Arcanine and Gyarados but if your opponent has checks for these mons then you're going to have a warm time. Draco Meteor allows you to still effectively attack even after burns and intimidates. It also allows you to OHKO Mence 100% of the time.

-1 252+ Atk Mega Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 102-120 (59.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Mega Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 186-222 (108.7 - 129.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lucario here is a pretty weird choice because all it really does is give you more Fighting weaknesses. For the set, I'd say Close Combat/Low Kick, Bullet Punch, Follow Me/Helping Hand and Protect. Feint doesn't really do much for you here.

Not a bad team. I'd give it a 6.8/10

The core is strong and has been established and the other mons complement the core enough in my opinion

plz consider watching the battle videos it odes have scenario's you are arguing about hope that'd help u, anyway thanks for leaving your suggestions! Smile
I watched all the battle videos twice before making this post. As a matter of fact, it was the first thing I paid attention to before making this post because it actually helps in the analysis of the team. All the points I made, took the battle videos into consideration so what point are you arguing here exactly?
[Insert signature here]
(Oct 2, 2015, 04:24 AM)Marcusube Wrote: I watched all the battle videos twice before making this post. As a matter of fact, it was the first thing I paid attention to before making this post because it actually helps in the analysis of the team. All the points I made, took the battle videos into consideration so what point are you arguing here exactly?

Sorry i think i hasted my reply before giving your opinions a thought. if it is something u feel that should be made a change into the team than that is your opinion and i do respect it, as for me, playstyle and comfortability i think this team is good for now and i am looking forward to implement more suggestions and thoughts into it from the community members, if i feel it's the right thingie for me then i'll put it into the team
your suggestions are what you think this team ideally should be and i respect that and it also can't be argued, if you feel something wrong here and there than i cannot change that, plz don't get upset from what i said earlier
Again thanks alot for these suggestions!
(Oct 1, 2015, 01:59 PM)Delta Wrote: Well, I will be honest, I don't have much to say. I love the team composition, and I especially love Mega Garchomp. I think it is such an under-used mega. However, I would change the EV spread, as well as the moveset. I have poured lots of love into finding a great Garchomp moveset, and here is my best:
Garchomp @ Garchompite  
Ability: Rough Skin  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 84 SpD / 44 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Outrage  
- Protect  
- Rock Slide

I can't remember what the 44 speed, was, probably just a speed creep, but I am pretty sure it is needed. Anyways, the most important calculation for this build is it can survive a Life Orb Modest Sylveon using Hyper Voice. Ya, it is that awesome.
52+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 179-213 (83.2 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 210-248 (97.6 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

There is one more thing I have to mention. Your Tornadus uses regular Kangaskhan, instead of actual Kangaskhan (Mega Kangaskhan) so, you need to run bold just to survive an Adamant Return. Food for thought.

you were the one i wanted this spread from, just also ran the following calcs and this is bleeping awesome! (was this the kissloom team?)

252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 179-213 (83.2 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 172-203 (80 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 186-222 (86.5 - 103.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Mega Swampert Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Garchomp: 184-220 (85.5 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
112 SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Mega Garchomp: 180-212 (83.7 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
124+ Atk Mega Garchomp Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 204-242 (119.2 - 141.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
124+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Heatran in Sand: 198-234 (105.3 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
124+ Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield in Sand: 146-174 (87.4 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
124+ Atk Mega Garchomp Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 278-330 (165.4 - 196.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

also bout the kang, m-kang will also score the respective 2HKO'es so just for a representation i put it there and it was a mistake, *i am lazy as hell so won't fix it* this spread gives garchomp much more utility and makes i much better than just running 252/252/4 spreads. thanks again!
(Oct 2, 2015, 09:32 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote:
(Oct 2, 2015, 04:24 AM)Marcusube Wrote: I watched all the battle videos twice before making this post. As a matter of fact, it was the first thing I paid attention to before making this post because it actually helps in the analysis of the team. All the points I made, took the battle videos into consideration so what point are you arguing here exactly?

Sorry i think i hasted my reply before giving your opinions a thought. if it is something u feel that should be made a change into the team than that is your opinion and i do respect it, as for me, playstyle and comfortability i think this team is good for now and i am looking forward to implement more suggestions and thoughts into it from the community members, if i feel it's the right thingie for me then i'll put it into the team
your suggestions are what you think this team ideally should be and i respect that and it also can't be argued, if you feel something wrong here and there than i cannot change that, plz don't get upset from what i said earlier
Again thanks alot for these suggestions!

Ey it's cool man
[Insert signature here]
I just want to say, that your replays no longer exist. But i like the idea of this team, and how you explained your team building process.