Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] First turn forfeits
Has anyone else had the experience of having a person forfeit after the first turn or have you ever did that? I just had it happen to me and was quite surprised.
Not sure what you mean there, like first turn after all the Pokemon moves, attack, setup, or anything else? Usually when people forfeit the first turn, they don't see any other win conditions to continue in the battle and rather just move on. Though rare, if the player just happens to get an highly advantageous position from a game deciding turn, or possibly unfortunate RNG. Personally, I wouldn't forfeit the battle after a disastrous turn 1 and attempt to play out the game. Then again, if the player feels they "can't win", forfeiting is a valid option.
I've had people forfeit after getting frozen or double flinched or something like that before after the first turn. Though I always play it out, and actually won a game despite one of my mons being frozen literally the whole time. You never know what can happen.
I think the team I was going up against was a team heavily reliant on trick room (it was a bronzong, malamar, and other slow, bulky psychic types in team preview) and I faked out one of his and KOed the other and then he/she forfeited.