Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Help me with my new VGC team?
Decided to start all over with my VGC team (after really learning about the new VGC '15 format) and build something around Mega Mence. Here are the three core Pokemon I have so far in my team that I'm satisfied with:

[Image: togekiss.gif]
Togekiss (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Level: 50
EVs: 240 HP / 80 Def / 4 SpA / 116 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Follow Me

[Image: Raichu_Shiny_XY.gif]
Kato (Raichu) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 28 HP / 4 Def / 220 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunderbolt
- Encore
- Protect

Used to protect Salamence & Togekiss from Electric moves, dishes out some damage with Thunderbolt if needed. Protect is there to stall his Lightning Rod ability. Encore is there to troll my opponent, but I might change it to something else more useful since I don't use Encore a lot. (Grass Knot maybe? Suggestions are welcome.) I might also make him more bulky since I want to use him as Lightning Rod support for two of my Pokemon.

[Image: MSalamence_ORAS.gif]
Dragon Tales (Salamence) (F) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Fire Blast

Special Attacker, plain and simple.

Here is the rest of my team so far, I'm not sure if they fit in with my team well but I like using them:

[Image: BisharpShinyXY.gif]
Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Physical Attacker. Deals a bunch of damage with Knock Off, finishes em off with Sucker Punch. Iron Head is there to deal with Fairies/etc. Bisharp seems kind of random on my team. But I'm comfortable with using him. Willing to change him out if needed.

[Image: Heatran_XY_Sprite.gif]
Heatran (F) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

My Ice killer. :D Also has HP Ice and Flash Cannon just incase. So far I really like Heatran so far on my team.

[Image: Mamoswine_Shiny_XY.gif]
Mean Green (Mamoswine) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 104 HP / 244 Atk / 56 Def / 104 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Aaaand Mamoswine. I really wanted an Ice type that could do damage to some of the Ice-weak Pokemon in the meta right now, but I feel like he's not getting the job done. Any suggestions for a different Ice type Pokemon? I did run Thundurus or Landorus in place of Mamoswine earlier, but I felt like there were too many Ice weaknesses on my team.

TDLR: So far I really like the core 3 (Togekiss, Raichu, and Salamence) on my team but I'm not sure where the rest fit in, or if I should switch them out to more synergistic Pokemon.

First off excellent team of mons you have their SCf3. I think you rather want to opt with earth power for flash cannon because your set can't do much to counteract wide guard. Heatran's typing ensures it can take fairy hits as well as hyper voice spam. However that's a thing concerns me with this team as aside from heatran, your team is very weak to pixilate hyper voice. Hopefully this helps.
(Dec 28, 2014, 08:02 PM)Black117 Wrote: First off excellent team of mons you have their SCf3. I think you rather want to opt with earth power for flash cannon because your set can't do much to counteract wide guard. Heatran's typing ensures it can take fairy hits as well as hyper voice spam. However that's a thing concerns me with this team as aside from heatran, your team is very weak to pixilate hyper voice. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks! :D

I'll try using Earth Power instead. Pixilate also freaks me out so I'll definitely look into some mons that can help me counter it.
I know that's kinda ironic that I'm suggesting you to take out flash cannon for earth power lol but really you need a way to handle wide guard aegislash. Another thing to note is that your team is weak to ground so I suggest you use something like an air balloon or even a shuca berry (weakens the power of ground moves). Another change I would recommend is change icicle crash for icicle spear so you can break any potential sashes and maybe change ice shard for superpower to hit mega kang hard. These are suggestions so whether or not you use them depends on you ok.
Yeah I just faced a Wide Guard team + Mega Gallade and got killed...

I'm pretty sure I have a Shuca Berry on Heatran, and I considered an Air Balloon on Raichu. I'll try that and see how it goes.

Thanks for the ideas! :D
As Black said, your team is weak against Sylveon's/M-Gardevoirs hypervoice. Actually 3 members of your team will be KO-ed by it. (+ Raichu will survive with 1 HP or so)
I know you run Heatran and Bisharp to stop the fairy spam the only problem is that Mega-kang is still a thing. I saw it a lot and it's still number 1 most used pokemon in the meta so far.

I've battled a lot of people on showdown and most Sylveon-teams also have a Mega-kang with them, and she can actually take out your Bisharp in one hit and Heatran in two/three hits (I didn't calc the fake-out damage with this) so I should try to find a counter to her since I can see that Kang's double-edge can become a real problem for your team if you don't have a good counter for it. Like you could use a weakness Policy physical Aegislash as a example since Kang can't hit him with a double-edge and it can survive a Sucker Punch from her. + Aegislash can learn wide guard so you can stop the hypervoices and your weakness to earthquakes with this :D

Some calc stuff for a standard physical Aegislash (In shield form)

252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan-Mega Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Aegislash: 96-114 (57.8 - 68.6%)
*Weakness Policy steps in*
+2 252+ Atk Aegislash Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan-Mega: 250-296 (138.1 - 163.5%)

Without the boost
252+ Atk Aegislash Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan-Mega: 126-150 (69.6 - 82.8%)

Also lol I just saw that Black was warning you about a wide guard Aegislash before Kappa
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

I've used Aegislash before and I'm definitely going to add him now, thanks! I've already went up against a couple Mega-Kangs on Showdown. -__- Didn't think she was going to be as popular but oh well.

What EV spread would you recommend for Aegi? This is the Aegi I used before (I changed around his nature/EVs though)

Sword Thing (Aegislash) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
If you're going for a special Aegislash (As of the moves you have picked) I would go with this one:

Aegislash @ Leftovers/Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 176 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King’s Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard

Wide guard support, counter against Trick room pokemons, Survives a Flare blitz from a -1 Adamant choice band Talonflame and it can attack pretty well against the top 6 biggest treats once his Weakness Policy is activated: http://i.gyazo.com/8f277418e586926da31aee8897d1a20e.png

Thanks for the tips! :D
Also what site did you use for the calcs? It looks reaaaally helpful.
You're welcome! :D

I'm using http://sweepercalc.com/ and it is really helpful! You can simply import your showdown-teams in them and it has the newer-sets what the official showdown calculator doesn't have :P