Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] How can mega latias work?
Wanted to try out one of my favorite pokemon as mega, it has decent defenses and 110 speed is nothing to look down at, I was thinking of a Calm Mind set with a fake out user at its side, any ideas?
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

A Calm Mind set may be risky seeing as how there are Pokemon in higher speed tiers that can take out Latias within 2-3 turns. From a U-turn from Landorus-T to a Sucker Punch from a Bisharp. Mega Latias has an excellent special attack stat and diverse move pool so there are different ways in which it can be ran.

Mega Latias works well with a Follow Me user and a Pokemon that can achieve speed control at the same time. Clefable instantly comes to mind as it checks of all Mega Latias' weaknesses other than Ice and Ghost.
[Insert signature here]
(Feb 7, 2015, 05:18 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

A Calm Mind set may be risky seeing as how there are Pokemon in higher speed tiers that can take out Latias within 2-3 turns. From a U-turn from Landorus-T to a Sucker Punch from a Bisharp. Mega Latias has an excellent special attack stat and diverse move pool so there are different ways in which it can be ran.

Mega Latias works well with a Follow Me user and a Pokemon that can achieve speed control at the same time. Clefable instantly comes to mind as it checks of all Mega Latias' weaknesses other than Ice and Ghost.

So a bulkier set would not be ideal? I'll try this, taking in account that Clefable can also get Helping Hand makes it an even better choice if I don't see an immediate threat, thanks!
(Feb 7, 2015, 04:05 PM)Co0ki3 Wrote: Wanted to try out one of my favorite pokemon as mega, it has decent defenses and 110 speed is nothing to look down at, I was thinking of a Calm Mind set with a fake out user at its side, any ideas?

xRazeOvation actually featured Mega Latias as a sweeper in his VGC 15 series.
[Image: 380-mega.gif]
Latias@Latiasite
Timid Nature
4HP/252SpAtk/252Spe
-Psyshock
-Draco Meteor
-Protect
-Dragon Pulse(I ran Ice Beam here,since I always bring Latias with my Prankster Haze Murkrow to be able to spam DM's.You can also bring Energy Ball/Grass Knot here to threaten Swamperts,or T-Bolt to check Gyarados.)
It might be a bit tricky to use as it is not as fast and does not pack as much firepower as Latios-M(I like mine scarfed) does,BUT,it IS much bulkier and can take a few hits,it takes many games when given the right support and if you can predict quite well.
To be honest I think Latias is better as a support pokemon instead of your mega. It gets great support options such as helping hand, reflect/Light Screen, Rain and sunny day, Safeguard and tailwind

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Spd / 80 SAtk / 156 HP / 20 Def / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
– Draco Meteor
– Hidden Power [Fire] /Tailwind
– Reflect/Light screen
– Safeguard
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015