Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] If I Could Set VGC16 rules
Hi guys back with another thoughtful post, this time i'll be sharing my silly opinions, this would a first time i am sharing thoughts of my concern, so today well be talking what would i include if i had to make up VGC 16 rules and most of us know they'll be pretty much the same set of. Now this post would be interesting though with some new trends which i predict would be awesome if it did actually happened by any chance, so get along with the post as we jump into this:

[Image: 8013c2567115727b4d86822db487be24.jpg]

Certain legends unleashed:
so this is something i want to experience once in this life tie though. i have heard and seen battles with these mascot legends being used like kyogre and groudon and wanna play with em in the VGC format though. this would be the list of the following legendaries i would include in the VGC 16 format *ofcourse won't write the pre-existing ones in the format*:
. Lugia
. Ho-Oh
. Kyougre
. Groudon
. Deoxys
. Darkrai
. Dialga
. Palkia
. Shaymin
. Keldeo
. Victini
. Meoletta
. Genesect
. Reshiram
. Zekrom
. Xerneas
. Yveltal
. Diancie
. Hoopa

Abilities Released:
. Thundurus I's Defiant
. Tornadus I's Defiant
. Landorus I's Sheer force
. Other HA's annouced and released over the season

One (from the list) for a Team only:
. Mewtwo
. Raquaza
. Giritina
. Kyurem (standard or black or white forms)
. Zygarde
. Hoopa (unbound and standard)

Banned items over these mons:
. Raquazite
. Mewtwonite (x and y)
. Blue orb
. Red orb
. Diancite

Rising trendz:
i am not gonna go into full detail with this but some things that come to my mind over these are the following:
. Ultimate use of Darkrai.
. Power herb, geomancy xernias.
. Weather wars back! Groudon and Kyogre.

Conclusion:
So short post right? anyways hope you guys liked my ideas on the VGC16 upcoming season and get hyped for it. don't forget to leave your wishes for the season down there. Bye for now! *short conclusion right*
I feel like Dark Void and Dragon Ascent should be banned so rayray cant mega and the trolls are gone, Also Diancite i feel like shouldnt be banned, the counters for Diance are high
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
Allowing every legendary into VGC would be a terrible idea. The scene is already limited to a select number of viable Pokémon because certain legendaries control the Meta. I would actually like to see the opposite. Ban any and all legendaries in VGC. Landorus, Thundurus, Heatran, Cresselia, Suicune, Entei, Zapdos, and all the other ones I'm forgetting. Don't get me wrong, I like using Landorus as much as the next person, but I think players could get more creative with teams if all legends were banned.
(Sep 2, 2015, 01:57 PM)DanielJames Wrote: Allowing every legendary into VGC would be a terrible idea. The scene is already limited to a select number of viable Pokémon because certain legendaries control the Meta. I would actually like to see the opposite. Ban any and all legendaries in VGC. Landorus, Thundurus, Heatran, Cresselia, Suicune, Entei, Zapdos, and all the other ones I'm forgetting. Don't get me wrong, I like using Landorus as much as the next person, but I think players could get more creative with teams if all legends were banned.

i agree with this, i would just generally be more fun, yeah pokemon like Mega Kang would still rein supreme, but one reason Kang is so good is because of the other pokemon lando, thundu, cress, these pokemon covered kang, keeping him alive to destroy your team. Removing these threats will make kang less of a threat
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Even with no mega's for rayray and mewtwo wont stop these guys from being top tier.

The only thing I ask for the new rules is to either permit the amount of legends you have or have no legends at all... BUT WAIT. If there's no legends, that gets rid of a few intimidators, making Mega Mawile a thing again. This also makes Megamence more with a threat with no Lando-T Rock Slide around. ALSO MEGA KANG WILL BE AFFECTED BY THIS AS WELL...

Whimsicott now would win all time with taunt so it can't be tied for speed with Thundo.

Im done Kappa
I'm just here.

#RowletBois
This is a good idea of a Pokemon Global Link competition. Now as for a meta game that would span over a year, it is horrible. Allowing legendary Pokemon to be used in VGC is just going to encourage more people to powersave/pokegen which is what GameFreak and Nintendo are effortlessly trying to abolish. Not only that, these Pokemon's strength are beyond that of what is currently legal meaning that the meta game would be only consistent of these overpowered legendary Pokemon. That isn't fun or inviting for people to want to play VGC who have never picked up a Pokemon game in their life
[Insert signature here]
Yeah, as has previously been mentioned, the reason why legendaries are banned is due to the fact that they are just too powerful. Even without items like blue / red orb, lots of legendary pokemon still have a more diverse and usually hyper-offensive movepool (which of course is furthered by unique moves: aeroblast, spacial rend, oblivion wing, etc). Even without blue orb, choice-scarf water spout kyogre is one of the most cripplingly offensive sets in the game.
Good stats and movepools are what cause the legendaries balancing issues, its one of the reasons why the HA for many haven't been released- A physically defensive zapdos that ALSO has a chance to para with static, a suicune completely immune to water moves with water absorb, Regen Ho-Oh, Multiscale Lugia- the list goes on. Power like this would undoubtedly dictate the meta, forcing most teams to become a legendary core, with a few counters thrown in, not giving any room for cool strategies that sometimes occur- perish trap, smearglemancy and whatnot.
It doesn't take a lot for a pokemon to be labeled and non-VGC viable, sometimes its only a single move, see darkrai x dark void. Combined with its speed, it too would become the meta. The reason I mention this is due to a single little guy; smeargle. Banning moves is not a viable decision, smeargles gimmick is learning every move and really there's no reason to ban him.
It is difficult to balance legendaries, most are banned for a good reason. This being said there are a few that its a shame aren't allowed. Mew has great potential, keldeo and meloetta would be fun to see. The reason why we wont is because event exclusives usually have set stats, so to make them VGC viable a powersave would need to be used, and ofc Nintendo doesn't want to promote this behavior.

Tl;dr Most legendaries are banned for a good reason, even those that could be viable would need powersaving.
Also rayquazite isn't a thing, you teach it dragon ascent. (leads back to my smeargle point)
YOU KNOW WHO SHOULD BE BANNED?!
WHIMSICOTT!!!!!!!
THAT LITTLE 'ADORABLE' COTTONBALL DESTROYS EVERYTHING AND MAKES PEOPLE FEEL LIKE HANGING THEMSELVES.
YOU KNOW WHAT I SAY?!
BANNED THE FOLLOWING!
-WHIMSICOTT
-MEGA RAYQUAZA
-DARKRAI
-MEWTWO
-HOOPA
-VOLCANION
-MEGA KANGASKHAN(ESPECIALLY)

MEGA KANGASKHAN SUCKS!THE SAME OLD BORING SET OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN BORES ME TO DEATH THAT EVEN IF I'M WINING THEN I FEEL LIKE FORFEITING CUZ IT'S SO DAMN BORING!
MEGA AEGISLASH RULES!
(Sep 4, 2015, 09:27 AM)adolf hipstar Wrote: YOU KNOW WHO SHOULD BE BANNED?!
WHIMSICOTT!!!!!!!
THAT LITTLE 'ADORABLE' COTTONBALL DESTROYS EVERYTHING AND MAKES PEOPLE FEEL LIKE HANGING THEMSELVES.
YOU KNOW WHAT I SAY?!
BANNED THE FOLLOWING!
-WHIMSICOTT
-MEGA RAYQUAZA
-DARKRAI
-MEWTWO
-HOOPA
-VOLCANION
-MEGA KANGASKHAN(ESPECIALLY)

MEGA KANGASKHAN SUCKS!THE SAME OLD BORING SET OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN BORES ME TO DEATH THAT EVEN IF I'M WINING THEN I FEEL LIKE FORFEITING CUZ IT'S SO DAMN BORING!
MEGA AEGISLASH RULES!

Dear lord, is it possible for you to post without holdings caps. Anyways, I believe in terms of what should and should not be banned from VGC, that Keldeo, Victini, Meloetta, Jirachi, Celebi, Mew, Shaymin, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion should be allowed. To facilitate this, they should have gen 6 events for each of these Pokemon between now (the time this was posted) and December
[Insert signature here]