Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Kecleon Moveset - Physical Attacker ( 2 Options )
(Jul 11, 2015, 12:55 PM)Eckley Wrote: Great work Anime. This is why you're my Vice Prez Heart

Heart
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
*puts on Devon Scope*
I'll be right back guys.

Fantastic work Anime!
(Jul 11, 2015, 04:47 PM)PKPatriot56 Wrote: *puts on Devon Scope*
I'll be right back guys.

Fantastic work Anime!

Thanks buddy :3
Nice movesets and analysis, as always.  One thing jumped out at me though...I would maybe take into account the fact that Kecleon's defensive calcs and ability to tank will hinge directly upon what type it is, which of course will be varying.  On sets such as the Assault Vest variant, I wouldn't imagine a Kecleon that had previously used PuP or Drain Punch, and thus become a Fighting type, would be very apt at tanking an incoming Sylveon's Hyper Voice, to use a very common example.  Not to say that Kecleon isn't good at tanking special hits (it is, especially with Assault Vest and investment), but it's worth pointing out that depending on what type your Kecleon is when said special threat comes in, it may not want to stay in, which doesn't really help your team weather the hit any better.
    -sandragon13
Be sure to check out my Otaru Regional Fakedex.  Updating regularly with new Fakemon.  Always looking for feedback!
(Jul 12, 2015, 10:25 AM)sandragon13 Wrote: Nice movesets and analysis, as always.  One thing jumped out at me though...I would maybe take into account the fact that Kecleon's defensive calcs and ability to tank will hinge directly upon what type it is, which of course will be varying.  On sets such as the Assault Vest variant, I wouldn't imagine a Kecleon that had previously used PuP or Drain Punch, and thus become a Fighting type, would be very apt at tanking an incoming Sylveon's Hyper Voice, to use a very common example.  Not to say that Kecleon isn't good at tanking special hits (it is, especially with Assault Vest and investment), but it's worth pointing out that depending on what type your Kecleon is when said special threat comes in, it may not want to stay in, which doesn't really help your team weather the hit any better.
    -sandragon13
yeah you're right, i kinda of mentioned how it would be smart to use something like sucker punch or shadow sneak to quickly change your type inorder to take less damage but ill add something just to clarify it
Am i the only person who noticed that the second kecleon is named "Mixed Attacker (Non-Mega)" Kappa
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
(Jul 13, 2015, 01:53 AM)MARSxVenom Wrote: Am i the only person who noticed that the second kecleon is named "Mixed Attacker (Non-Mega)" Kappa

Whoops I was using another one as a guide and I forgot to change it
(Jul 13, 2015, 05:00 AM)Animekid7 Wrote:
(Jul 13, 2015, 01:53 AM)MARSxVenom Wrote: Am i the only person who noticed that the second kecleon is named "Mixed Attacker (Non-Mega)" Kappa

Whoops I was using another one as a guide and I forgot to change it

So you're telling me I can't use mega kecleon Sad
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
(Jul 11, 2015, 07:57 AM)Animekid7 Wrote:
Since we're almost done doing sets one common Pokemon i wanted to do and uncommon pokemon that i think deserves to be known about
[Image: tumblr_static_81h47kruvn4sk8kksosg88gg8.jpg]
Credit to Kecleon-Yawn

DO NOT, i mean do not underestimate kecleon he maybe be small but he packs a punch, with his new protean ability he able to get STAB on every more he uses making his attacks that much stronger, watch your foes break down in tears as mega kang gets creamed by this liitle dude.  

[VGC] Kecleon Moveset - Physical Attacker ( 2 Options )

[Image: 352.gif]
Type: Normal
Weaknesses: Fighting (2x)
Resistances:
Immunities Ghost (0x)
Abilities:
Color Change: This Pokémon’s type becomes the type of the last damaging move which hit it.  
Protean: Before the Pokémon uses a move, it becomes a pure Pokémon of that type.
Base Stats:
60 Hp / 90 Atk / 70 Def / 60 SpA / 120 SpD / 40 Spe

Physical Attacker (Life Orb)

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off / Return
- Drain Punch / Power-up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak

This set is here to kick some butt with the life orb, able to deal masssive amounts of damage, while also strikeing fast with moves like Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak. Drain Punch can do some massive damage on pokemon such as Mega Kang, and heal, or your could less damage but get an Attack Boost with Power-up Punch. Finally Knock Off can deal a good amount of damage while removing your opponents item, or your could go the straight damage route with Return. The 124 Speed EVs allows Kecleon to outspeed foes (Depend on if the nature is Helping or Neutral) such as Mega Kang, Mega Char and (Will outspeed most of the time) Rotom, Miltoic, Bisharp.

Damage Calculations:

Offensive:

Every move used has STAB boost due to his ability:
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Kecleon Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 143-172 (79 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Kecleon Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 130-153 (83.8 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Kecleon Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus: 107-126 (64.8 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Kecleon Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 129-152 (83.7 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Kecleon Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 138-164 (68.6 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Defensive:

The thing about kecleon that is great is that you can change his type to keep him from taking a more damage, although i will still post moves that can do alot either way:
  • 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Kecleon: 200-236 (131.5 - 155.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Kecleon: 94-112 (61.8 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Kecleon: 126-149 (82.8 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Kecleon: 272-324 (178.9 - 213.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Crunch vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Kecleon: 109-129 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
Mind you that these defensive calculations were taken when Kecleon was a Normal type and Kecleon will take alot more damage if for example he used Shadow Sneak and then Tyranitar used Crunch, keep this in mind while battling and try to predict and suck your type accordingly

Physical Attacker (Assault Vest)

Kecleon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protean
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off / Return
- Drain Punch / Power-up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide / Shadow Sneak

This set is basically the same just more bulk less power, you can choose which one you want to use based on your team, the moves are the same as above but one added move is Rock Slide against pekemon such as Talonflame or Charizard. Kecleon can outspeed most of the same pokemon.

Damage Calculations:

Offensive:

• 252+ Atk Protean Kecleon Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 110-132 (60.7 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kecleon Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 100-118 (64.5 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
  • 252+ Atk Kecleon Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus: 82-97 (49.6 - 58.7%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kecleon Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 106-126 (52.7 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Protean Kecleon Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 216-256 (140.2 - 166.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensive:

Physical moves will do the same amount of damage but special moves will do less:
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Kecleon: 63-75 (40.1 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Kecleon: 43-52 (27.3 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
  • 252- SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Kecleon: 54-64 (34.3 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ SpA Heatran Overheat vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Kecleon: 70-84 (44.5 - 53.5%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Overheat vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Kecleon in Sun: 111-132 (70.7 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Potential Teammates include but aren't limited too:
  • Quick Guarders: Pokemon that can protect Kecleon from Prankster users and +1 attacking moves
  • Support Pokemon/Redirecters: Pokemon that can keep Kecleon from taking damage can help alot

Possible Threats include but aren't limited too:
  • Hard Hitters: Pokemon like Mega Kang that can KO most pokemon easily
  • +1 Hitting Moves: Pokemon with moves like Bullet Punch and Shadow Sneak can take advantage of Kecleons Type Change and attack when there moves will do the most damage

Other Notable Moves:
  • Skill Swap: THIS MOVE IS GODLY, with this move you can transfer your Portean ability to an ally of choosing allowing them to get STAB from any move they use.
  • Recover: You  restore HP allowing you to stay on the field for longer
  • Psych Up: Able to take the stat-up from and ally or opponent not as useful but could be cool
  • Foul Play: Do damage based on your opponents attack stat
  • Elemental Punches: Gives you alot of versatility and type coverage
  • Trick Room: Allows slower pokemon to attack first
  • Low Kick: Does a massive amount of damage to heavy pokemon

Other Notable Items:
  • Expert Belt: Getting STAB (from Protean) and and extra boost to super effective moves due to being able to change your type and hit for super

I hope this set helped, there are many other sets that will work for your team  Smile

awesome sets! Kecleon is one of my favorite pokemon and i love seeing it get more exposure  :D