Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Landorus-T Moveset - Special Attacker
So, before you click away this thread because I know that most of you will think "Oh, special Landorus Therian? This guy doesn't know what he's talking about" etc. Let me assure you that you will (hopefully) learn something new and something that has and will change the current metagame. So please read the rest of the text. Smile

To start things of.. some of you might have read my team report of the team that I have done pretty well with on pokemonshowdown and Battle Spot. I stated a couple of times that Kangaskhan was a pretty huge threat to the team, because I didn't have an intimidater/Will o wisper. On that team I used Landorus-I which compared to the Therian form has a higher special attack stat.
Me, and a lot of you guys watched the US national championship where a lot of people such as Angel Miranda, Jeudy Azzarelli and a couple of other guys used special Landorus T during US nationals and the person who came in second at Japan nationals also used the set that I'm about to show you. This proves that this set is viable and that I know that it is going to become really popular

Why Use The Special Set?

Everyone and their mothers thinks Landorus-T is using a physical set when they see it in Team Preview. This helps me really much since my opponent can go for moves to counter a physical Landorus-T such as Wide Guard etc. My opponents can also intimidate and burn my landorus in hopes of making it less threatening. Special Landorus-T is really great in the current metagame and I will go into the set and moves now.

The Set And Analasys

[Image: landorus-therian.gif]
Power To The People (Landorus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Protect

Aaaah, John Lennon <3 (Earth) Power to the people, great song.

Timid nature, max speed to speed tie with non scarf jolly landorus and positive base 90's. Max special attack to do as much damage as possible. Earth power is a great special attack to hit ground, rock, steel and fire types for super effective damage. Earth power is also one of the reasons why special Landorus-T is so good, since it can trick aegislashes. Aegislash is one of many pokemons this season that abuse the move Wide Guard to protect itself and its partners from powerful moves such as earthquake and rock slide. Since I'm running timid nature I see no point in running rock slide which some people opt for, since it won't do any damage at all.
I'm using aswell as Jeudy and Agngel, Stone Edge. Stone edge is a move that I haven't used a lot of before because of it's accuracy, but on this set you really want to use stone edge to get the KO's that you want to, I'll show in the calculations what I mean.
Hidden Power Ice is such an unpredictable move on Landorus-T since you can never expect someone on for example pokemonshowdown or battle spot to use it, but that's why it has given me such great succes on the ladders. And yes, in bo3 matches, when you've showed that you are using a special set, the HP ice is very predictable. But this has helped me a lot since it OHKO's Landorus-t's, some salamences etc. I'm telling you, try special Landorus-T because you won't be dissapointed.

Offensive calculations

252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-T Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 87-103 (48 - 56.9%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-T Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 159-190 (101.9 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-T Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 179-213 (114 - 135.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-T Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 125-148 (74.8 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 4- Atk Life Orb Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 203-239 (109.7 - 129.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4- Atk Life Orb Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 161-192 (103.8 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 187-224 (113.3 - 135.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 172-203 (100.5 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So yeah, as you can see. This thing is a monster, it basicly does everything Landorus-I does aswell as it has intimidate!

I just told everyone what I'll be using in forum/JFlynn tournaments. Welp..  tjfRekt

Hope you enjoyed and if you think that there's something I can add to make this "Set report" better, then tell me.
Nice Landorus-T set Wille Smile
[Insert signature here]
This is a very nice post, special lando-t also made top-cut with Angel as you mentioned (which is a great finish) so now such sets have been proved to work out great in the format, keep up the work on such topics!