Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

VGC Mega-Venusaur Team: Help Improve
Below you'll see my VGC team. So basically, I wanted to make a team for fun, but serious at the same time. My favorite Pokemon's are Gengar, Machamp, and Mamoswine so I wanted to include all three of them in my team. Now for the rest, I needed some form of speed control so I added Togekiss with tailwind. Then I needed something to have a fairy destroyer as well as bulky psychics so I added Bisharp. Finally I added Venusaur because I used a team previously around Venusaur and I really liked it. So you can change any of the three other Pokemon as you like and with my favorite three, please give me any build suggestions or move sets. I really want to have a fun and decent team. Any suggestions is welcomed. Thank you.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Icy Wind
- Will-O-Wisp

I wanted power with Gengar so I made it modest, but also wanted an element of surprise so I gave it a scarf to take out any Landorus-T jolly scarfs in one hit.

Machamp @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 188 HP / 212 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Dynamic Punch
- Encore
- Stone Edge
- Protect

With Machamp, I EVed it to survive attacks from a jolly Mega-Kang with double edge, making it a 2 hit KO with Sitrus. I also EVed it enough to allow it to take 2 hits a Mega-Charizard Y using flamethrower.

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Rock Slide

I didn't know how else to EVed it so I left it like that.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Just your standard Bisharp move set.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 220 HP / 76 Def / 60 SpA / 140 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Protect

I love the way I EVed this Venusaur. It survives a lot of attacks and it's reliable. It takes 2 hits of overheat from a Mega-Charizard Y under the sun and takes 2 hits of psychic from a Mega-Gardevoir. I couldn't be any more happier.

Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Follow Me
- Protect

This is my speed control Pokemon. It also helps to redirect attacks.

As you can see, I do not have any coverage for fire, water, fairy, electric, or psychic, so a Ferrothorn would definitely annihilate me.
With this team, psychic is my biggest weakness because three of my Pokemon are super effective to it. Five of my Pokemon take neutral damage from fire, a very bad thing. And four of my Pokemon takes neutral damages from water, dragon, and ghost, all of which are common in the meta game.

So as I stated above, any suggestions are worthy for considerations. Again, thank you for taking the time to review this.
Gengar should be Timid with a Focus Sash. Choice Scarf means that you're going to have to switch Gengar out after it's locked into a move and he's so frail that he can't switch back in on any hits without fear of going down. I prefer a support Gengar with Shadow Ball or Sludge Bomb, Icy Wind, Will-O-Wisp, and Protect.

I like Machamp, but he is just too slow to be a threat. You have Rock Slide coverage from Mamoswine and Knock Off coverage from Bisharp. I know you want to keep him, but I think this spot could be better utilized.

I use this Mamoswine spread:

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash (STAB)
- Earthquake (STAB)
- Rock Slide (One of the best spread moves in the game)
- Superpower (For Kangaskhan and a few other Pokémon)

Most opponents don't expect a Choice Scarf Mamoswine which let's him pick up a surprise KO or two. Your set looks fine though.

Bisharp is more effective with a 252/252/4 EV spread. I wouldn't rely on Tailwind to boost it's speed because you won't be able to get a Tailwind up every game.

Venusaur looks good!

The team has some holes but not a bad start!
http://pastebin.com/LxU97bSR

http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?94...625|3m|468

The pastebin has the suggestions I would make for your team and the team magma link shows what your team looks like in terms of resistances and weaknesses.

Tbh, I was writing up a long post then accidentally clicked a link and it removed the analysis so anything not clear just hit me up so I can explain it for ya  Blush
[Insert signature here]
Thank you both for your suggestions. I have updated my team based on what you said.
dude this build works everytime try it:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 hp/252 defense/4atack
Bold Nature
IVs: all
- ludge bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- synthesis

dude believe me when i'm in the red i just synthesize myself and oh my god the opponent is left in utter disappointment
(Sep 3, 2015, 08:34 AM)adolf hipstar Wrote: dude this build works everytime try it:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Bold Nature
- ludge bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- synthesis

dude believe me when i'm in the red i just synthesize myself and oh my god the opponent is left in utter disappointment

Okay, i'll give it a try. Thanks!
(Sep 3, 2015, 09:35 AM)Tridentbolt Wrote:
(Sep 3, 2015, 08:34 AM)adolf hipstar Wrote: dude this build works everytime try it:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Bold Nature
- ludge bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- synthesis

I would probably advise quite heavily against a completely physically M-Venusaur (also those 4 Atk EVs are completely wasted). As Marcusube has said:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Level: 50
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Is probably your best best, as your team is quite heavily offensive, some defensive bulk is good. Just investing in physical defense however leaves you open to the OHKO from heatran, zard-y, gardevoir, voice mence, the list goes on.
(Sep 4, 2015, 09:33 AM)Aether Wrote:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Bold Nature
- ludge bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- synthesis

I would probably advise quite heavily against a completely physically M-Venusaur (also those 4 Atk EVs are completely wasted). As Marcusube has said:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite  
Bold Nature  
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder  
- Giga Drain
- Protect  

Is probably your best best, as your team is quite heavily offensive, some defensive bulk is good. Just investing in physical defense however leaves you open to the OHKO from heatran, zard-y, gardevoir, voice mence, the list goes on.

WAIT!
MEGA VENUSAUR GETS THICH*FAT WHICH CAN CUT DAMAGE FROM FIRE AND ICE TYPE POKEMON IN HALF!IF YOU WANT DO 252 HP/180 DEF/REST IN SP.DEF
(Sep 4, 2015, 09:57 AM)adolf hipstar Wrote:
(Sep 4, 2015, 09:33 AM)Aether Wrote:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Bold Nature
- ludge bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- synthesis

Venusaur @ Venusaurite  
Bold Nature  
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder  
- Giga Drain
- Protect  

WAIT!
MEGA VENUSAUR GETS THICH*FAT WHICH CAN CUT DAMAGE FROM FIRE AND ICE TYPE POKEMON IN HALF!IF YOU WANT DO 252 HP/180 DEF/REST IN SP.DEF

Calm down. The metagame is mostly special at this point so defensively you only need to worry about Kang and Landorus seeing as how other physical attackers either OHKO or barely scratch Venu. Investing in more spdef allows you to take attacks such as Mence's Hyper Voice, Heatran's Heat Wave, Cresselia's Psychic/Ice Beam, Milotic's Ice Beam and such a bit better. The amount of spdef investment allows you to survive M-Gardevoir's Psychic with relatively enough Hit Points remaining.
[Insert signature here]
Why 0 SpA IVs on the physical pokemon? The only reasons to have 0 IVs in any stat is for Trick Room (0 Spe), hitting Aegislash in Blade Forme (0 Spe), and making Foul Play do less damage (0 Atk).