Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] My Team to be
(Houndoom) (F) @ Houndoominite/life orb?
Ability: Unnerve
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 8 HP / 124 Def / 252 SpA / 124 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot

Works well as a start with greninja to mat block to get a nasty plot up, and the three attacks, flamethrower(obvious) dark pulse(for a dark move) and solar beam(used with ninetales drought to attack water pokemon)

(Ninetales) (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Safeguard
- Grudge?

Will-o-wisp to cut attack of Kangeskhans, fire blast for some damage (in case of 1v1), safe guard(to keep wisps from my own khan/chomp), grudge to maybe get rid of a chomps rockslide or something. Idk, help with something better?

(Greninja) @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 SpD
- Ice Beam
- Mat Block
- Surf/scald?
- Dark Pulse

Mat block to allow houndoom a NP set up, ice beam for dragons, not sure whether to run surf or scald, and dark pulse just incase houndoom has it's hand full

(Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/rock slide
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head

Great for mega khans, rough skin/helmet does up to 50% damage per attack, currently running stone edge but is unreliable, D-Claw for dragon, and iron head for fairy predict switch ins

(Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Facade
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Only head scratcher here is facade, but just incase I either don't bring ninetales, or leads with khan, great for will-o-wisps

(Gardevoir) @ Life Orb/(any ideas?)
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast/Dazzling Gleam

My check for dragons, but also has psychic for coverage, thunder in case of rain, shadow ball for ghosts and coverage, moon blast/DG for fairy

Help would be great, entering my first tournament soon, does well on showdown and battle spot, but I don't know since they aren't competitive trainers.
I have problems with trick rooms
I'd probably run scald since surf hits allies too
Past Giveaways:
Unova water and fire starters with HA's
Chimchar with HA's and egg moves
HA Gible
HA Sableye
HA Minccino
BR HA feraligatr
BR Mega Gallade
BR Garchomp
BR Terrakion
BR Shiny Dragonite

Feel free to PM for info on past giveaways might have some left over
This team is too situational as it needs to setup with 4 of its 6 members.. it also has no means of speed control, meaning that you will suffer a lot from opposing Tailwind, Trick Room and TWave/IcyWind spam.

If you want to start with an Adamant M-Kang, you need some sort of speed control to deal with an opposing (faster) Jolly M-Kang. Maybe something like Togekiss (instead of Gardevoir) can work, as it can redirect any Fighting type attack thanks to Follow Me and it can also setup Tailwind.

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 4 SpA / 36 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Follow Me
- Protect / Thunder Wave / Roost

252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 156 Def Togekiss: 68-80 (35.4 - 41.6%) -- Miniscule chance to 3HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 36+ SpD Togekiss: 151-182 (78.6 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Both physical and special bulky variant to handle any strong Rock Slides or TBolts/Ice Beams. 60 Spe EVs to outspeed a Choice Scarf Lando-T after Tailwind, so that you can outspeed and attack it with Air Slash. I'd opt for the Sitrus Berry + Protect or the Lum Berry + TWave combination.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 84 HP / 140 Atk / 28 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Protect / Sucker Punch

Inner Focus allows you to force a Fake Out on turn one if you don't Mega evolve because a faster Fake Out won't work on this Kang. This might help against an opposing Fake Out + TR/Tailwind play, just in case. Scrappy is great but in this case Inner Focus seems the best choice. If you still want to hit Ghost types, you can run Sucker Punch instead of Protect.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Greninja is still viable with the right support, but i wouldn't run Mat Block simply because it has no priority.. most of the Choice Scarf or Prankster users will have the opportunity to hit you with something before your move. Thanks to the Follow Me from Togekiss, you can also redirect TWaves, so that your Greninja won't be slowed down. Life Orb gives you an incredible boost and the ability to OHKO any bulky Thundurus (togheter with Lando-T, Heatran, M-Salamence and many other threats).

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

I'm not an expert of Garchomp in VGC15 and i don't know if Yache Berry is the correct call, but maybe someone else can suggest a good set. However i'd run Choice Scarf Landorus-T if you have one..

Instead of the Ninetales + Houndoom duo, i'd choose a support pokemon such as Aegislash:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpA / 84 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Aegislash will help you against Fairies with Flash Cannon, it offers Wide Support against Hyper Voice and Rock Slide and it also cover the Ice and Fighting weakness you have at this point.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 146-174 (87.4 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

172+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Sylveon: 128-152 (63.6 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
172+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 122-146 (70.1 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

For the last slot i'd pick Rotom-Heat as your Fire pokemon, giving you another Ground immuninty to help Aegislash and to allow your Garchomp (or Lando-T) to spam more Earthquakes. Rotom-H gives you another Rock weakness but you can count on Wide Guard. (http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?68...5m|445|468)

It gives you Fire coverage against opposing Steel types and Amoonguss, it gives you W-o-W support and it also checks Thundurus. You won't have a great matchup against Water types such as Milotic, Suicune or Politoed but you can count on M-Kang and Aegislash too.

Rotom-H @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 84 Def / 20 SpA / 36 SpD / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Safety Googles allows Rotom-Heat to be immune to Rage Powder and Spore by Amoonguss, which is nice if you have to face it under Trick Room. This set outspeeds an Adamant Bisharp by 1 point so that you can use W-o-W on it. The general bulk allows you to take both Rock Slides and Scald giving you the chance to answer with a W-o-W or a TBolt on that slot.

Final thoughts: if you want to improve your matchup against Trick Room, you can also run Azumarill instead of Greninja. It gives you Fairy/Water coverage which is fantastic, it has priority Aqua Jet and a super strong Play Rough. Azumarill would work both in Tailwind and in Trick Room. Here's the team table with Azumarill http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?68...5m|445|468
(Jun 19, 2015, 06:04 AM)GMX Wrote: This team is too situational as it needs to setup with 4 of its 6 members.. it also has no means of speed control, meaning that you will suffer a lot from opposing Tailwind, Trick Room and TWave/IcyWind spam.

If you want to start with an Adamant M-Kang, you need some sort of speed control to deal with an opposing (faster) Jolly M-Kang. Maybe something like Togekiss (instead of Gardevoir) can work, as it can redirect any Fighting type attack thanks to Follow Me and it can also setup Tailwind.

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 4 SpA / 36 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Follow Me
- Protect / Thunder Wave / Roost

252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 156 Def Togekiss: 68-80 (35.4 - 41.6%) -- Miniscule chance to 3HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 36+ SpD Togekiss: 151-182 (78.6 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Both physical and special bulky variant to handle any strong Rock Slides or TBolts/Ice Beams. 60 Spe EVs to outspeed a Choice Scarf Lando-T after Tailwind, so that you can outspeed and attack it with Air Slash. I'd opt for the Sitrus Berry + Protect or the Lum Berry + TWave combination.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 84 HP / 140 Atk / 28 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Protect / Sucker Punch

Inner Focus allows you to force a Fake Out on turn one if you don't Mega evolve because a faster Fake Out won't work on this Kang. This might help against an opposing Fake Out + TR/Tailwind play, just in case. Scrappy is great but in this case Inner Focus seems the best choice. If you still want to hit Ghost types, you can run Sucker Punch instead of Protect.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Greninja is still viable with the right support, but i wouldn't run Mat Block simply because it has no priority.. most of the Choice Scarf or Prankster users will have the opportunity to hit you with something before your move. Thanks to the Follow Me from Togekiss, you can also redirect TWaves, so that your Greninja won't be slowed down. Life Orb gives you an incredible boost and the ability to OHKO any bulky Thundurus (togheter with Lando-T, Heatran, M-Salamence and many other threats).

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

I'm not an expert of Garchomp in VGC15 and i don't know if Yache Berry is the correct call, but maybe someone else can suggest a good set. However i'd run Choice Scarf Landorus-T if you have one..

Instead of the Ninetales + Houndoom duo, i'd choose a support pokemon such as Aegislash:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpA / 84 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Aegislash will help you against Fairies with Flash Cannon, it offers Wide Support against Hyper Voice and Rock Slide and it also cover the Ice and Fighting weakness you have at this point.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 146-174 (87.4 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

172+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Sylveon: 128-152 (63.6 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
172+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 122-146 (70.1 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

For the last slot i'd pick Rotom-Heat as your Fire pokemon, giving you another Ground immuninty to help Aegislash and to allow your Garchomp (or Lando-T) to spam more Earthquakes. Rotom-H gives you another Rock weakness but you can count on Wide Guard. (http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?68...5m|445|468)

It gives you Fire coverage against opposing Steel types and Amoonguss, it gives you W-o-W support and it also checks Thundurus. You won't have a great matchup against Water types such as Milotic, Suicune or Politoed but you can count on M-Kang and Aegislash too.

Rotom-H @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 84 Def / 20 SpA / 36 SpD / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Safety Googles allows Rotom-Heat to be immune to Rage Powder and Spore by Amoonguss, which is nice if you have to face it under Trick Room. This set outspeeds an Adamant Bisharp by 1 point so that you can use W-o-W on it. The general bulk allows you to take both Rock Slides and Scald giving you the chance to answer with a W-o-W or a TBolt on that slot.

Final thoughts: if you want to improve your matchup against Trick Room, you can also run Azumarill instead of Greninja. It gives you Fairy/Water coverage which is fantastic, it has priority Aqua Jet and a super strong Play Rough. Azumarill would work both in Tailwind and in Trick Room. Here's the team table with Azumarill http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?68...5m|445|468

Not to be rude but I asked for a touch up, not for you to remake my team for me, you threw away 3 of my pokemon and changed the main purpose of garchomp as a nasty check to kang. I might go with a tailwind togekiss but as for houndoom ninetales and garchomp. I think I'll keep them. Thanks for the help though
(Jun 19, 2015, 10:35 AM)Wildcat0017 Wrote: Not to be rude but I asked for a touch up, not for you to remake my team for me, you threw away 3 of my pokemon and changed the main purpose of garchomp as a nasty check to kang. I might go with a tailwind togekiss but as for houndoom ninetales and garchomp. I think I'll keep them. Thanks for the help though

You didn't specific what kind of help you needed.. so i was just adjusting this team to be as much consistent as possible for both Battle Spot and a live tournament. You should always keep an eye on the Top12 used Pokemon of Battle Spot and ask yourself if you have enough answers to those threats.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/#double

For example: do you have a lead counter for Land-T + Thundurus? Or a lead counter for Politoed + Ludicolo?

If you want to stay with these members, i can understand it but i can't say it will work better than now with new moves or EV spreads, because the main problem is the lack of bulk, safe switches, typing coverage and so on. Anyway i would run a 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Houndoom with Focus Sash, because this pokemon is too frail to invest in bulk anyway. Maximize speed and SpA to be as fast as possible. You should use Protect instead of Solar Beam to protect Houndoom from any opposing Fake Out or Earthquake, just for one turn.

Ninetales is another complicated pokemon to use. It is faster than Politoed or Tyranitar, meaning that if you start with Ninetales and the opponent starts with a non-Scarfed Politoed/Tyranitar, Drought will activate first and only then Drizzle/Sand Stream, losing the weather war on turn 1 everytime. It doesn't have a good physical bulk, so if you have to rely on the accuracy of W-o-W. You can run Fire Blast / Solar Beam / W-o-W / Protect in this case.
(Jun 19, 2015, 10:35 AM)Wildcat0017 Wrote: Not to be rude but I asked for a touch up, not for you to remake my team for me, you threw away 3 of my pokemon and changed the main purpose of garchomp as a nasty check to kang. I might go with a tailwind togekiss but as for houndoom ninetales and garchomp. I think I'll keep them. Thanks for the help though

Not to be rude but you asked for nothing other than what's in the prefix on your post which is [Rate My Team]. All GMX did was give suggestions not remake your team. At least appreciate the help and criticism after all you asked for it
[Insert signature here]
(Jun 19, 2015, 11:20 AM)GMX Wrote:

You didn't specific what kind of help you needed.. so i was just adjusting this team to be as much consistent as possible for both Battle Spot and a live tournament. You should always keep an eye on the Top12 used Pokemon of Battle Spot and ask yourself if you have enough answers to those threats.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/#double

For example: do you have a lead counter for Land-T + Thundurus? Or a lead counter for Politoed + Ludicolo?

If you want to stay with these members, i can understand it but i can't say it will work better than now with new moves or EV spreads, because the main problem is the lack of bulk, safe switches, typing coverage and so on. Anyway i would run a 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Houndoom with Focus Sash, because this pokemon is too frail to invest in bulk anyway. Maximize speed and SpA to be as fast as possible. You should use Protect instead of Solar Beam to protect Houndoom from any opposing Fake Out or Earthquake, just for one turn.

Ninetales is another complicated pokemon to use. It is faster than Politoed or Tyranitar, meaning that if you start with Ninetales and the opponent starts with a non-Scarfed Politoed/Tyranitar, Drought will activate first and only then Drizzle/Sand Stream, losing the weather war on turn 1 everytime. It doesn't have a good physical bulk, so if you have to rely on the accuracy of W-o-W. You can run Fire Blast / Solar Beam / W-o-W / Protect in this case.

I don't plan on leading with ninetales, more switch in for a 1 turn solar beam as for houndoom I was thinking of running that spread but it can take a rockslide from non stabbers.

And thanks for the link
(Jun 19, 2015, 11:33 AM)Marcusube Wrote:

Not to be rude but you asked for nothing other than what's in the prefix on your post which is [Rate My Team]. All GMX did was give suggestions not remake your team. At least appreciate the help and criticism after all you asked for it

I am appreciative, but that's the team I'm thinking of running, and he changed almost every aspect. Yes it's good help for when I build my next team, and he gave great advice for a couple of my slots to change like gardevior or maybe run a heat room. But throwing away half a team isn't helping me out, it's remaking. But thank you GMX for your help