Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Niles MSS Team
Hey all. I'm probably going to keep posting my team here for most of the competitions I go to. Most recently on Saturday (5/19), I went to Rebecca Cartwright's last VGC competition since she's retiring. Overall it was very fun, and I saw a lot of my VGC friends there as well. This is also probably to be the last VGC 2018 tournament I will be attending, though I may compete at the Madison Premier Challenge. But since this is towards the end of my VGC 2018 run, I wanted to use the evolution of my favorite mon: Bisharp.
The team:

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 164 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clear Smog
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 156 HP / 220 Def / 20 SpA / 4 SpD / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flamethrower
- Tailwind
- Protect

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Return
- High Horsepower
- Belly Drum
- Recycle

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 92 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

This team originally started as Eugene Vizel's team from Utah, and then it evolved into what it is today. I'm very satisfied with the team's performance, my performance, on the other hand, was decent. I ended up going 2-3, which was fine as I wasn't aiming for Top Cut since I cut last time and I only have 25 CP. But two of my losses were entirely my fault where I misjudged my damage output and predicted incorrectly but both were close battles against friends. One thing I am planning on changing is Landorus-T's spread, as I found myself being KO'd more often than I liked even though I was AV. Most likely I will remove a bit from speed and put it into HP. All of the other members performed fantastically, (especially Bisharp Smile ) except Landorus-T and Amoonguss. I never really brought Amoonguss to many battles and the couple he was brought to, he didn't do much (plus grass types hate me). I may end up experimenting with another grass type or bulky support mon as a replacement.

Overall, I really liked the team and it performs really well. Feel free to try it out yourself! Smile
If any of you are in the Chicagoland area, feel free to come to Friday Night Fray from 7-10. It's a free, friendly VGC 2018 tournament that I will be hosting. It's the last one until this fall, so if you can come that would be amazing.
Event: https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/...05-001759/
Resident pun-lover and VGC teambuilding enthusiast
twitter.com/arctero