Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 16 Official Rules: GULP!
(Dec 9, 2015, 01:14 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Wow. The complaint was how Pokemon were losing viability in the VGC'15 metagame due to stronger Pokemon and instead of banning the stronger Pokemon so the underdogs could have a shot, they put in even stronger Pokemon in the format. What the....

At least make Soul Dew Latios legal, damnit Kappa

Na, we don't need that. There would be nothing but one hit Ko's if they did Kappa
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
Well there goes Pokemon's so called "Balance"
A legend fallen from grace.
If you thought CHALK was boring, you have yet to face Primal Groudon.

See you next year guys (hopefully with a decent format).. i'm done with Pokemon.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-302672882

Here's a battle I'm using Blackglasses Yveltal since Dark Aura boost the power of Dark-type attacks by 1.33x and can actually do some decent damage against some of these legends.
I thought they would ban ALL legendaries, I guess I was in the matrix Kappa
This is truly disgusting. Im concerned about bulky mega rays and the flying type pokemon that will no longer have a 4x weaknesses or any weaknesses at all
This will be honestly the most interesting VGC Yet cause think about it, as much as we will hate Mega Ray, all the ideas we can come up with, we can try anything that we thought useless VGC15
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
If their intention was to change the meta they definitely suceeded. But if they wanted to stop people from using hackmons, they failed miserably. Whatever the case, these are what the rules are now and it'll be interesting to see most vgc teams with two 'ubers', and my prediction is that with such an extreme amount of power, a format that was already pretty darn fast in pace will go even faster. Some battles won't last very long with the right set-up and enough boosted damage. As a fan of VGC for sometime now, I'm embracing this change and seeing it as a fresh new spin/challenge for doubles
I want to cry in a hole now since my team just got screwed over. well time to write up another team and hope for the best.
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
In a sense, I feel that this was inevitable.

I mean, considering the huge push the Pokemon Company is trying to give towards the competitive scene to the point of having NPCs specifically encourage the player to try for it, it wouldn't make sense for them to add content like Primal Reversion and Mega Ray without intending it to be used in VGC at some point. The change is certainly interesting and definitely mixes things up during an admittedly boring time for VGC 15.

That being said, I don't see myself as being very willing to participate in this for the time being, outside of perhaps events held here on the forums or during a stream.