Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon Worlds 2015 breakdown (Day 1)
(this will be updated as the stream goes on)

Game 1 on stream:
Paul Choa vs Kotaro Natagome

-Paul Choa's team-
Porygon 2, Mawile, Garchomp, Thundurus, Ludicolo, Heatran
[Image: 233.png] [Image: 303.png] [Image: 445.png] [Image: 642.png] [Image: 272.png] [Image: 485.png]

vs

-Kotaro Natagome's team-
Lucario, Chandelure, Altaria, Salamence, Smeargle, Aurorus
[Image: 448.png] [Image: 609.png] [Image: 334.png] [Image: 373.png] [Image: 235.png] [Image: 699.png]

Outcome:

Paul takes game 1.
Kotaro takes game 2.
Paul takes game 3, winning the set 2-1

Game 2 on stream:
Ashton Cox vs Gavin Micheals

-Ashton Cox's team-
Kangaskhan, Thundurus, Milotic, Escavalier, Staraptor, Conkeldurr
[Image: 115.png] [Image: 642.png] [Image: 350.png] [Image: 589.png] [Image: 398.png] [Image: 534.png]

vs

-Gavin Micheals's team-
Salamence, Tyranitar, Azumarill, Heatran, Amoongus, Kangaskhan
[Image: 373.png] [Image: 248.png] [Image: 184.png] [Image: 485.png] [Image: 591.png] [Image: 115.png]

Outcome:

Gavin takes game 1.
Ashton takes game 2.
Gavin takes game 3, winning the set 2-1

Game 3 on stream:
Andrew Burley vs Alejandro Jimenez

-Andrew Burley's team-
Politoed, Ludicolo, Gothitelle, Entei, Thundurus, Mawile
[Image: 186.png] [Image: 272.png] [Image: 576.png] [Image: 244.png] [Image: 642.png] [Image: 303.png]

vs

-Alejandro Jimenez's team-
Kangaskhan, Garchomp, Milotic, Arcanine, Cresselia, Ferrothorn
[Image: 115.png] [Image: 445.png] [Image: 350.png] [Image: 059.png] [Image: 488.png] [Image: 598.png]

Outcome:

Alejandro takes game 1.
Andrew takes game 2.
Alejandro takes game 3, winning the set 2-1
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
You forgot the 30 minute break after the 40 minute break after the 20 minute break.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Im so so so so sad für Kotaro to lose. I absolutely was convinced that he deserved to win with this absolutely brilliant Team. It was extremely unfortunate to see him getting the wrong RNG in 80-90% of the cases.
(Aug 21, 2015, 08:48 AM)Shifu Wrote: Im so so so so sad für Kotaro to lose. I absolutely was convinced that he deserved to win with this absolutely brilliant Team. It was extremely unfortunate to see him getting the wrong RNG in 80-90% of the cases.

Not for nothing, he brought a some what cheap team. Sure it was fun to watch and very creative but it had the unholy child of Dark void smeagle. Now not only did no one want to see DV win, but also Psych up win. Even though it was very creative and was a great strategy on paper it just didnt work out and at the end was a cheap tactic. I dont know if its Paul Chua being one of my favorite battlers or my hatred for Dark Void Smeargle, but I dont think he should've won.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Yeah, those kinds of teams don't usually win in the end. Even that Thundurus from Nationals failed in finals. Also, it's so crazy to see Paul Chua running 3 of the 6 mons I had on my first tournament team O:
Thanks for the post this is cool. I'm hoping to see some real innovative teams in day two
#TeamForum

Escavalier is such a boss Kreygasm
What about TCG? That Aromatisse deck was interesting. Expect to see more Gensect and Night March in day 2.
I thought I'd missed the VGC stream but they only featured 3 sets so that's practically all they showed.

Here are all the players who qualified from day 1 and day 2, courtesy of KantoCast for making this list of all the players by nationality

[Image: CM-ns06WwAE2vX1.jpg]
Thanks Kev! This is good to know, Kinda glad to still see Kotaro, despite the DV smeargle his team was pretty cool!
also, rip ashton. ]:
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.