Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Team Building Suggestions Needed
Hey everyone, I am trying to build a team for the VGC15 season and could use some help rounding out my team. I am fairly new to the competitive battling scene even though I have been playing pokemon ever since the Red/Blue/Yellow days. This is what I have right now:

[Image: 706.png]
Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
Nature: Calm
EVs: 140 HP, 132 Def, 236 SpA
  • Draco Meteor
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Flamethrower
  • Thunderbolt

The idea behind these EV spreads is to be able to withstand a Draco Meteor from a Mega Salamence, and even a Dragon Claw from a Garchomp as long as it isn't Banded or Orbed, and as far as the moves, they are mostly for coverage.

Quote:252 Atk Jolly Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 140 HP / 132 Def Goodra: 152-182 (83 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Timid Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 140 HP / 0+ SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 92-110 (50.2 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[Image: 625.png]
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
  • Knock Off
  • Sucker Punch
  • Iron Head
  • Protect

This is pretty self explanitory, but I decided to bring this specifically for the threat of Cresellia in the new meta. While Bisharp cannot take out Cresellia alone, it can if it can get a proc off the Defiant Ability. Now the Damage Calcs below are based off a +1 Atk Boost instead of a +2, because I am figuring the most common proc for Defiant will most likely be from an Intimidate.

Quote:252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 346-408 (77.9 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 515-608 (115.9 - 136.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

[Image: 658.png]
Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
  • Scald
  • Ice Beam
  • Extrasensory
  • U-turn

Typical Greninja build except I decided to go with Extrasensory instead of Dark Pulse. I figured having the Psychic coverage would be better then doubling up on the Dark slot, but I am open to other suggestions.

This is as far as I have gotten in my team building so far, and would love to hear from others who can help me tweak move sets, or EV spreads, and I am also looking for possible suggestions to help round out my team. I have yet to decide on which mega I want to run. I am leaning towards Mega Lopunny but that may change depending on the feed back I get here. I am also thinking of adding some type of support pokemon such as Sableye, Meowstic or Clefable, but again, I am not sure.
I would suggest using Gourgeist to make a combo with Bisharp. Gourgeist has this move called Trick-Or-Treat which turns the opponents Pokemon into a ghost type. Every other turn you can have bisharp use sucker punch. A Pokemon with Quick Guard would be nice to prevent Prankster status moves; Mega gallade comes to mind when I think about this or even Crobat. A Pokemon with Follow Me, like Clefable or Togekiss would be good in drawing away super effective hits to your team seeing it is weak to fairy and dragon.
[Insert signature here]