Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] VGC 2018 Tier List (as of 1/11/18) - Always Updating!
@Kris 

Thanks so much, Kris!

And be sure to let me know if there's anything that you think needs to be shifted, added, or removed. I know I've been browsing Pikalytics since Spyro linked me, and I've already found a few mons worthy of adding to the ladder.

Thanks again!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

i think putting naganadel in A is largely overselling it. the only viable set it can run is tailwind, and while its decent, its really frail and relies on focus sash to get tailwind up most of the time, unlike mega mence which is a much better tailwind user. tailwind is cool, but its not like its a niche that most teams need, and mega mence can at least run other sets that are viable unlike naganadel. also, since its forced to run tailwind and protect and usually runs sludge bomb as its only stab, it has to pick between either flamethrower or hp ground for its coverage move, which either renders it useless against heatran it if picks flamethrower or celesteela and ferrothorn if it picks hp ground. i feel the only reason why you'd really need naganadel on a team would be if you already decided to build around a mega evolution so you couldn't use mega mence but you really needed an offensive tailwind user instead of something like suicune, and while it does a decent job at doing this, this niche is not worth A rank to me.

i personally wouldn't put it higher than B+, in smogon's viability ranking it's ranked B and i definitely agree with that ranking but i wouldnt be opposed to it being B+ i guess.
@0kamii Ooh, I've been playing VGC18 quite a bit now, and I think I'd better put in my two cents...

I think Gardevoir in A- is a little too high, its only on about 3% of all teams, it has a lot of common checks (Heatran, Aegislash, Tyranitar, to name a few), and its outclassed by other Psychic types like Lele and Cresselia. Also, its Mega is the only one really used, so the sprite should probably be changed. Maybe B or B-. 

Hydregion should also be dropped, its on even fewer teams than Gardevoir. It has some highlights in stats and movesets, but useage can drop a mons viability. I say B.

I also feel the same way about Conkeldurr,  Mawile, Swampert, and Gengar. Just not used enough, and have checks/are too glassy/are a waste of a Mega stone/are too situational, ect.

Thank you!

-Retro
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Can we open a dialogue about M-manectric? I honestly think it may be better than Zapdos. Max attack Lando doesn't pick up the OHKO with standard eq if -1 attack and will OHKO scarf Lando with HP ice. Not to mention hurts most Celesteelas and threatens Fini hard.
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades