Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Vaporeon Moveset - Special Attacker
Hey guys this is my first set guide so forgive me for it being a bit rubbish =p

[Image: vaporeon.jpg]

Stats: 130 HP, 65 Atk, 60 Def, 110 SpAtk, 95 SpDef, 65 Spe
Abilities: Water Absorb: The Pokémon heals up to 1/4 of it’s maximum Hit Points when hit with Water-type moves.
            Hydration: All status problems: Burn, Paralysis, Sleep, Frozen and Poison, are healed when raining.

Introducing Vapors the 1st gen pokemon, this bolt from the blue is not seen very often in competitive play but hopefully this will convince you.

Vaporeon @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Sp Att / 60 Def / 58 Sp Def / 140 HP
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Wish/Yawn/Helping Hand

Overview and Item

Vaporeon is bulky, very bulky so its gunna be able to survive pretty much anything special heading its way, its defense is a little lacking but its hp makes up for it. That being said electric attacks will hurt vapors a lot so the wacan berry is very nice and surprises people wanting the 0HKO Thunder with mons like Thunderous and Mega Manetric.

Ability and EVs

Water Absorb is a great ability and makes it a good switch in for plenty of water types, also makes it a great addition to a rain dance team too. Its EVs take advantage of its handy sp attack which is a nifty 110 base stat, the spilt def and sp def help it take more hits from many things and its already high hp seals the deal.

Moves

Of course we got to start with the scald which has a lot of power with Vapors and also the burn chance is just too hot to handle (!) Ice Beam is your next move of choice which deals with the grass, dragon and flying types coming your way (umad mega Sceptile?) Protect is the standard fare in doubles but the last move is more variable. Heres a list of the three moves and why they could be used

Wish- Combined with protect, this move can really save your bacon and enables Vapors to live a lot longer and also let the enemy take burn damage from scald while your at it.

Yawn- This underated move is a great status move since is usually scares the opponent into switching to avoid the sleep. Many people also dont see this coming too so combined with protect, this can wreck any setup

Helping Hand- This is one of the staples of doubles in my opinion, countless times have I used this and have it have the just enough to take out the enemy and also have priority is a godsend.

So there we go a short Vaporeon setup for you guys, I hope you have fun with it, and feel free to suggest anything I can improve  :D    

Battle Calcs

Here are some attacking battle calcs for Vaporeon:

252+ SpA Vaporeon Scald vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 182-216 (111.6 - 132.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 232-276 (126.7 - 150.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Vaporeon Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 90-108 (51.1 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Here are some defending battle calcs for Vaporeon:

68 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 140 HP / 58 SpD Wacan Berry Vaporeon: 64-76 (28.6 - 34%) -- 1.2% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 140 HP / 58 SpD Vaporeon: 143-172 (64.1 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

60 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 140 HP / 58 SpD Wacan Berry Vaporeon: 57-67 (25.5 - 30%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

if you want any more calcs feel free to ask and ill put them up
Can you add some damage calculations?
Icy wind could also be a possibility since you could make your opponets slower(unless they are defiant or contrary) and it also hits both. And after dropping the speed stat you may be able to outspeed the opponet to get another one off before they attack, which is like getting a blizzard off.
thanks for the feedback guys =) I have improved the post with its stats and also added a battle calc
Great!! Thank you!