Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC or SMOGON] Feel like giving up
Sad 
I've been using pokemon showdown and trying to make teams and no matter what I do, I fail to win 9/10 times. I dont know what I'm doing wrong or what to do to get better. I feel like maybe battling just isnt for me i guess.. blah.
When you lose your battle do you realize why? If you do that's your first step in getting better, did you overpredict, underpredict, did you miss click, have a bad match up? If you can figure out why you lost you can battle differently next time.
Im terrible at teambuilding so I'm not sure if I can be much help but all I can say is there are many sites out there that can help with figuring out strengths and weaknesses of your team.
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
@NetworkMeadow Really the best advice that can be given is know the type chart. As long as you're aware of what your teams weaknesses are and what kind of coverage you have with your moves, you can improve from there. This was an extremely helpful tool for me and will hopefully help you out as well!  http://www.azurilland.com/tools/team-builder  

Just find and input your team into the builder, and it will tell you your weaknesses and strengths type-wise. Sadly it doesn't include a feature to add moves so you'll have to figure that out yourself, but that's the basics of improving. Know the type chart and have a wide variety of Pokemon and moves. :P I recommend getting an Amoonguss on your team no matter what. It's just a very beginner friendly and forgiving Pokemon. You can run him so many different ways but the most common builds include Spore, Rage Powder, Synthesis, Sludge Bomb, etc. Hope I helped and didn't over-explain everything.
Let me quote something that I was told by a banker.

"A man who is a winner is happy but a man who tries to win but always loses is wise because he learns from his mistakes"

Pokemon, like anything in life, requires practice and patience. Trust me, you are going to lose a lot of battles in your career but again, it doesn't mean that a change won't come. You just have to keep pushing. But in this push, you have to develop good habits and proper technique. If you find making teams hard, ask an experienced player to lend you a team so you can get a feel for it. What you work better with you adapt to getting better with. Never back away from things such as challenging advanced battlers and participating in online tournaments and premiere challenges. The aim is never to always win, but to learn so don't be frustrated if you lose and ignore to people who throw shade at you for your loss. Read... a lot. Forums like this one, NuggetBridge and Smogon are full of information that teach you about the current metagame as well as how to build teams that work in it. Reading sucks but it opens up a world of understanding. Ignorance is bliss but it'll get you killed if you don't address it.

That's really all I can say. Don't give up and surround yourself with people that have a mentality that is geared towards success
[Insert signature here]