Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC or SMOGON] Porygon2 Moveset - Tank (Special)
Porygon2 - Tank (Special) - Vgc / Smogon

Base Stats: 85 Hp / 80 Attack / 90 Defense / 105 Special Attack / 95 Special Defense / 60 Speed

Abilities

Trace: Ability becomes the same as that of the opponent. Switching this Pokémon out of battle restores its original ability. In a Double/Triple Battle, a random opponent’s ability will be copied.
Download: Attack is increased when the foe’s Defense is lower than its Special Defense or increases Special Attack when the foe’s Special Defense is lower than its Defense.
Analytic (Hidden): Attack power increases by 30% if the Pokémon is the last Pokémon to attack this turn

Moveset

Suggestions from the community will be in Pink

[Image: 233.gif]

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
/ Download
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpA
Calm Nature

- Thunderbolt / Tri-Attack / Ice Beam
- Ice Beam / Psyshock / Foul Play
- Icy Wind / Electro web / Thunder wave / Toxic
- Recover

Summary:
Since Porygon-Z is my favorite pokemon and I already posted a set for him I though I might as well make a set for the his pre-evolution seeing as he is pretty viable in competitive play. For starters Eviolite makes him a monster of a tank, he surive attacks like a double edge or power-up punch from a mega kang and so much more. Now on to his move, for start we have some of his stardard moves for him such as Thunderbolt for pokemon such as talonflame, suicunce, and milotic. Then we have Ice beam for pokemon such as M-Salamance, M-Sceptile, and Garchomp, and Tri-Attack for all pokemon (besides ghost :P), and having the chance to inflict status effects. For Some common defensive moves we have Recover to... recover damage, Thunder wave to slow / stop opponents, and Toxic to stall your way to a win. Now on to some lesser common moves, because we have invested all our evs into being as tanky as possible, moves like foul play and psyshock which look at other stats to determine damage could help you alot, also if you want another form of slowing down your opponent then we have Electro web and Icy Wind, these move are basically the same with the exact same amount of PP, damage, accuracy, and also both hitting more than one opponent, its really down to what your team need, obviously having electro web means if a ground type comes out your cant hit them so you have to bring that into account. Finally the Trace ability can be great because if you get the right ability it can help you alot, but also if you get the wrong ability it could harm you its all up to a bit of lucky and make you can do some switching to get the ability you like, but if you dont wanna be risky you can use Download to boost your stats a little bit but if you get a Attack boost its kinda useless.

Other useful moves
Trick Room - This move can be used to make your team (which was previously slower), out speed your opponent.
Conversion 2 - This moves changes Porygon2's type to resist the last moves the oppnent has used, this can be super helpful in tanking hits but its a little risky.
Defense Curl - Moves like these (such as Growl and Tail Whip) arent used much in competitive but they can help alot, you can use this to raise our Porygon's Defense to tank more hits.
Magic Coat - This can be used bounce back stats moves such as Leech seed, if you can predict someone using something like toxic it can help you stay alive longer.
Hyper Beam - Does massive damage but leaves you vulnerable.
Hidden Power - Can be used to do some good damage against pokemon that you are weak against
Swagger - Confuse your opponent while increasing their attack stat
Confide - Lowers the target's Special Attack, can be used to keep Porygon2 alive longer

Calculations

Defensive Calculations:

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 100-119 (52 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 138-164 (71.8 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Superpower vs. 252 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 110-130 (57.2 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 106-126 (55.2 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 114-135 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Heatran Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 78-93 (40.6 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 69-82 (35.9 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Porygon2 is a really good tank that can wall many pokemon, use him right and you'll surely win lots of battles Smile.

If you like this build or want to give me some suggestions please say so in the comments :D
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Seeing as how this year's VGC Metagame is mostly physical, I would recommend to someone to go with a more defensive than specially defensive EV spread. I'm not sure as to why you went with a 252/252 EV spread. The eviolite by itself gives porygon good defenses to work from so why not invest a little into special attack. I'm also wondering why you didn't suggest Trick Room as an option seeing as how Porygon2 has stats that make it viable for a Trick Room team.
[Insert signature here]
(Mar 13, 2015, 05:49 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Seeing as how this year's VGC Metagame is mostly physical, I would recommend to someone to go with a more defensive than specially defensive EV spread. I'm not sure as to why you went with a 252/252 EV spread. The eviolite by itself gives porygon good defenses to work from so why not invest a little into special attack. I'm also wondering why you didn't suggest Trick Room as an option seeing as how Porygon2 has stats that make it viable for a Trick Room team.

i wasnt think about trick room whilst making the post so ill add that and ill try to change up the ev spread later, thanks marc :P
Great stuff as usual anime!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Mar 19, 2015, 03:45 PM)Justin Wrote: Great stuff as usual anime!

Thanks Justin <3