Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TEAM REPORT] [ORAS UU] Elly's UU Bulky Offense
I decided to showcase my most successful UU team ever that I actually made way back when Sylveon, Conkeldurr and Celebi just dropped. This team was updated through the metagame changes to fit the current metagame, and it's still just as good in my opinion. This team peaked at 1747 in the Salamence metagame, and while I don't play as much UU anymore, I played it today and yesterday and it still doesn't disappoint me.

[Image: blastoise_mega_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43az.gif] [Image: doublade_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43kt.gif] [Image: krookodile_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49fj.gif]
[Image: rotom_heat_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a493d.gif] [Image: haxorus_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49j1.gif] [Image: florges_orange_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49nf.gif]

Team Analysis

The team, built around M-Blastoise, which has good bulk, offensive presence and access to Rapid Spin, is not very hard to use but is really effective. Like a good amount of offensive teams, it's pretty much 5 offensive Pokémon and a pivot. In this case our three offensive Pokémon are M-Blastoise, which I already described, Doublade, a Swords Dance sweeper, Krookodile, who is also the team's usual lead, Rotom-H, who can provide momentum with Volt Switch and cripple walls with Trick, and Haxorus, a Dragon Dance sweeper. The team's pivot is Florges, an incredible Pokémon in the UU metagame who can eat up hits on both the physical side and the special side while also healing up itself or the team with Wish. This team is very effective, because with M-Blastoise weakening the team and Rotom-H crippling walls, a sweep with either Doublade or Haxorus is fairly easy. The offensive synergy between Doublade and Haxorus is what really makes the team so effective, since the only Pokémon that can beat both of these two, Mamoswine, is fairly easily dealt with because of Blastoise and Rotom-H. They also can destroy each others' checks, which is why they make such a good pair. The fact that Florges can also pass huge Wishes to all the Pokémon on the team is also helpful, because this team gets worn out by faster offensive teams but they can get healed up anytime.

Tips

When using this team, the best way to win quickly is to find a way to get Haxorus in, Dragon Dance, kills all the big walls/weaken everything, and then if it dies, bring in Doublade as soon as possible, Swords Dance up, and sweep. It sounds very simple and a bit dumb, but it's so effective, because Haxorus removes Doublade's checks/counters, so it can sweep fairly easily. You can do this the other way around to, since Doublade can also destroys its partner's checks and has the physical bulk to set-up on Pokémon even with super effective moves, such as Mega Beedrill*, who can barely touch Doublade even without the Eviolite. To make sweeping easier in tougher matchups, try weakening as much as possible the team by using Blastoise, wearing it down by using Volt Switch a lot and using Knock Off with Krookodile a lot, because while it may not seem like much, a wall with its Leftovers can get KOed much more easily. Keeping Florges alive during the game is often very important since it can basically bring back a threat to opposing teams.

*Calcs for the Doublade/Beedrill matchup that was mentioned.

252 Atk Mega Beedrill Drill Run vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Doublade: 136-162 (42.6 - 50.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Mega Beedrill Drill Run vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 92-110 (28.8 - 34.4%) -- 3.1% chance to 3HKO

+2 252+ Atk Doublade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Beedrill: 258-304 (95.2 - 112.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

The sets

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Bulky wallbreaker/spinner
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse/Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Aura Sphere is a decent option to deal with Empoleon/Umbreon, but Dark Pulse is often better since it hits more stuff in the tier.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Set-up sweeper
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Lead/Stallbreaker
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs/Scarf
Specs/Scarfer, disruptor
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Choice Specs has greater power, but Choice Scarf provides some good speed. Both options are very good in my experience. I do however prefer Scarf to outspeed and damage/kill (50% chance to kill after Stealth Rock damage) M-Aerodactyl .

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Set-up sweeper
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Do not play too recklessly with this thing, as its special bulk is terrible and it will die to special attacks very easily. Adamant can be a good option to have more power, but Jolly allows it to outspeed more scarfers, such as Rotom-H/C, after a boost.

Florges @ Leftovers
The Pivot
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Often useful to keep around until late game to bring stuff back, so try to not sacrifice it.

Threats

- Mamoswine can take on both of the teams sweepers and can also pick off a weakened Blastoise. Rotom-H has to be careful when switching in due to the potential Rock Slide/Stone Edge.

-M-Aerodactyl is quite troublesome for this team because of its Attack and Speed combination, but Blastoise can usually handle it and Rotom-H (when holding the Choice Scarf) can outspeed and has a 50% chance to kill it after rocks.

-CroCune is quite a threat for this team, but it can't do much if Rotom-H tricks it.

Would it mess up the team if I tweaked the blastoise set?
I'm really digging this team! Not much I can really say since the sets are pretty much always seen in the metagame but the team does have a nice composition and comes across as more bulky offense than anything
I really like this team you have their Elly. Bulky offense is usually my preferred playstyle. So pretty much what I getting from this team is that both Haxorus and Doublade are essentially like a one-two punch. Can't really recommend any changes but I can see why Suicune and some bulky Water-types might give this team issues as you don't have much for them.
@Hatonacat I wouldn't recommend it, but you can do whatever you want.

@Marcusube Thanks! And yeah, more of a bulky offense, thank you for pointing that out, I will fix that.

@Black117 Yeah, Suicune is annoying, but usually, Volt Switch into a powerful attack, such as Outrage, can deal with it. And tricking the Specs/Scarf usually shut down CroCune, the most problematic variant.
(Sep 17, 2016, 09:23 AM)Elly Wrote: @Hatonacat I wouldn't recommend it, but you can do whatever you want.

@Marcusube Thanks! And yeah, more of a bulky offense, thank you for pointing that out, I will fix that.

@Black117 Yeah, Suicune is annoying, but usually, Volt Switch into a powerful attack, such as Outrage, can deal with it. And tricking the Specs/Scarf usually shut down CroCune, the most problematic variant.

Do You ahave a replacement for ice beam?
@Hatonacat No.