Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Viability and Frequency of Sun Teams for VGC 2015?
(Apr 13, 2015, 07:57 AM)MagnusHexem Wrote: Well, when you put it that way, then physical Ninetales makes sense.  I thought you were talking about Ninetales in general.  I've never seen anyone talk about Cherrim and Ninetails before, let alone Ninetails (in Gen. 6.)

But this Scald thing....I'm about to go on a rant here.  I'll just put it this way: If you're using Scald or Rock Slide for Hax, you're playing Pokemon for the wrong reason.  We have Pokemon forums like these for a reason.  Pokemon is mostly skill-based.  If you want to play it for RNG, then you might as well be using Double Team or Minimize.  It worked for Aaron Traylor...although he is just a giant luck-sack.

I read Aaron Taylor's recent Nugget Bridge article where he admits having Minimize on his Clefable was a mistake and would have "swapped it for Icy Wind in a heartbeat". I entirely agree with you that people shouldn't rely entirely on luck-based strategies like "setup" Minimize teams or Dark Void but the problem is "hax" is just part of the game. Taylor never actually spammed Minimize and is most of the battles he used it once, it got immediately double targeted. Maybe my comparison to Rock Slide flinches to Scald burns might sound far-fetch to some but remember that Rock Slide users have a chance to miss on one or more Pokemon. Unless I absolutely want to beat Charizard Y with Terrakion/Lando-T with Rock Tomb/Smack Down/Stone Edge while avoiding Wide Guard mind games, I'm still going to opt Rock Slides for 1) better accuracy (remember there is no strong Rock move with 100% accuracy aside from Smack Down), 2) hit both targets (spread move), and lastly to get potential flinches to get myself ahead.

I invite you to search up the Pokemon Global Link statistics for Battle Spot doubles and tell me what is the most opted move for Politoed, Ludicolo, Lando-T, Terrakion, Suicune, T-Tar, Excadrill, Garchomp, etc. Literally most Rock or Water Pokemon will opt for either Scald or Rock Slide literally at least +80% of the time (except for Ludicolo which has a 77% usage). You have to understand that Rock Slide and Scald are opted for these detrimental side effects as well since a flinch can give someone the advantage or Scald burn can give the targets attack in half plus inflict residual damage. Literally we all have moments where we might get unlucky in one battle but take full advantage of hax on the other hand. Honestly we should not complain about hax saying it costed you the game. Just learn from your mistakes, realize that you made the best possible play and hopefully move on for future matches.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Viability and Frequency of Sun Teams for VGC 2015? - by Black117 - Apr 15, 2015, 05:00 AM