Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What do other fans want out of Pokemon games.
I need more insight about what people want and enjoy out of their playthrough of new Pokemon games.
I made a big blog post about what I want in newer Pokemon games and my what interest me in Pokemon. I would post a link but I'm not sure if that's allow so I'll quickly summarize what I wish Gamefreak would do with future games:

-A bigger expansive world with more interactions with Pokemon OUTSIDE of battling. I want there to be more to the gameplay other then fighting everyone and everything(Contest were a nice distraction but I know contests will disappear once the new gen comes out). Of course, keeping the main gameplay of taking on the Pokemon League will untouched. I just want a bit more then beating an un-interesting gym leader or rival. I guess I can easily chuck up my boredom with consist battles cause the games are not challaging which is to be expect since this series IS primarily market towards children but still...

-Gym leaders and other characters actually caring about what happens outside of their gym. Yes, there are some that have had active parts in the story like Wallace and Steven... What makes this even more frustrating is that in Black and White, the gym leaders actually came in and helped you by taking on the sages. They were actively taking part in the overall story. They wanted to stop Team Plasma cause they were doing something wrong that was going to effect the entire region. In XY, the Gym leaders barely knew what was going in their own town. *cough*Laverre City*cough*

-The last thing. Making the main protagonist an actual character OR letting you ACTUALLY be able to become the character. In XY when they let you customize the character it let you become the character, even if it's just for appearance. It was something, you cam make the character something special to you even if it was pretty limited. Now that Gamefreak pretty much said that the customization was just a "fashion thing" and plan to not bring it back outside of Kalos that's fine. HOWEVER, they should at least let you be able to relate to the character that is SUPPOSE to be you. All you can ever say Pokemon is "yes" or "no" and even then it doesn't matter. I know all the Pokemon games have been like that but, is it so hard to ask for a bit of a change?...

Does this stuff bother other Pokemon fans or am I simply the only one who cares about this stuff?
What do you wish GameFreak would improve on if anything? Do you just ignore all of this and just try to rush to the end game?
I know didn't touch much of competitive battling but this is mainly for the ACTUAL game not the after game stuff.
Cause I do love battling others but wish there was more then JUST battling. :/

Give me your opinion on the series and what you think of mine.
Multiple questlines, choices that affect the the ending and different events throughout, just whatever to feel more immersive. I feel like they should make a separate pokemon game series for all these massive changes and probably make it for the wii u.
Sure there are things I could nitpick about, but overall I'm pretty pleased with what the Pokemon games have to offer. The jump in visual quality from black/white 2 to X&Y/ORAS alone is enough to have me interested for quite a while.
#TeamForum

(Jan 23, 2015, 12:04 PM)Snoopy Shannon Wrote: Multiple questlines, choices that affect the the ending and different events throughout, just whatever to feel more immersive. I feel like they should make a separate pokemon game series for all these massive changes and probably make it for the wii u.

Yeah have smaller side missions WOULD make the game less tedious. I doubt gamefreak would put different endings cause Pokemon isn't really about that. I kinda wish they would at least plan a bigger game for the WiiU. However I haven't heard of a big WiiU Pokemon for awhile. :/ I really wish they would make a new Pokemon Colosseum but minus the Shadow Pokemon plot. Or at least a more involved Battle Revolution(although I think they read they will never make another Battle Revolution. v -v).
There is all kinds of stuff that I would like but I think that would be getting greedy with it and wanting as much as you can get. With them limiting on how much new things we get every game it makes it special for us. If they just slammed everything into one game that would soon enough become out dated and they have no new ideas then the game becomes boring.
Is the battle dome too much to ask for? i'll settle for that XD
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
Another bold move that could possibly work is pokemon fusion. I think it could add a lot of complexity to the competitive scene.
(Jan 23, 2015, 12:45 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: There is all kinds of stuff that I would like but I think that would be getting greedy with it and wanting as much as you can get. With them limiting on how much new things we get every game it makes it special for us. If they just slammed everything into one game that would soon enough become out dated and they have no new ideas then the game becomes boring.

I get what you mean. They would run out of ideas quite fast if they tried to rapidly change things and cram a bunch of things into one game... However, they don't explore the ideas they introduce themselves. :/
I could of course be looking to hard to this game series now that I think about...
(Jan 23, 2015, 12:56 PM)Snoopy Shannon Wrote: Another bold move that could possibly work is pokemon fusion. I think it could add a lot of complexity to the competitive scene.

Who knows, maybe in several generations down the line when Mega Evolvtion loses it's flare.
Pokemon Hybirds would interesting too.
As Icey said you can't press on for them to release every new thing, for two reasons, if you release everything what will be of the next games and also better focus on improving one great aspect and doing it well, than adding a whole lot and doing a mediocre job at it.
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.