Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What shiny are you hunting for?
Quote:
Quote:lol oh boy. I just got shiny slugma while trying to get shiny ponyta. I thought slugma was poo colored when shiny but its actually a metal liquid slime :D

Poo coloured xD.
And it looks awesome right?

Haha I seriously thought thats what it was!
I really like it and dont want to evolve it either shes staying as my little metal liquid slime
HI everyone, since we are on this shiny topic, I would like rant about something which makes me extremely frustrated. Hope you dont mind, if you dont feel like reading a fellow shiny breeder's bad day complaints please ignore this post.

Shiny breeding is really really tiring and boring =(
360+ and still nothing, i know 360 may seem nothing to you, but to me, it is a lot because this is just my second shiny hunt.
I got lucky the first time when i got a shiny conkeldurr (timburr at first) with just 120 eggs and that was the moment i feel like i can breed any shiny i want.
And that shiny breeding passion slowly wears off ... I soooo want to give up now.
I've got around 10x 6ivs and 2boxes full of 5 useful iv, but none of them is a shiny.
And worst of all, I'm breeding larvitar. Which has one of the longest egg cycle. KILL ME PLS ! JK =P

Im not sure when to quit, but i think i've set my limit to 500 eggs. If i still cant get that shiny larvitar, I think thats it, fate does not want me to have my own shiny tyranitar.

Tell me what to do. Encourage me? Discourage me? Leave your comment/advice. Thank you for reading my complaints.
(Oct 28, 2015, 12:15 PM)markings Wrote: HI everyone, since we are on this shiny topic, I would like rant about something which makes me extremely frustrated. Hope you dont mind, if you dont feel like reading a fellow shiny breeder's bad day complaints please ignore this post.

360+ and still nothing, i know 360 may seem nothing to you, but to me, it is a lot because this is just my second shiny hunt.
I got lucky the first time when i got a shiny conkeldurr (timburr at first) with just 120 eggs and that was the moment i feel like i can breed any shiny i want.
And that shiny breeding passion slowly wears off ... I soooo want to give up now.
I've got around 10x 6ivs and 2boxes full of 5 useful iv, but none of them is a shiny.
And worst of all, I'm breeding larvitar. Which has one of the longest egg cycle. KILL ME PLS ! JK =P

Im not sure when to quit, but i think i've set my limit to 500 eggs. If i still cant get that shiny larvitar, I think thats it, fate does not want me to have my own shiny tyranitar.

Tell me what to do. Encourage me? Discourage me? Leave your comment/advice. Thank you for reading my complaints.

Dude I was gonna give up at 100 for Charmander but got SUPER lucky. 360 is mental. xD STILL WITH IT THOUGH MAN <3
it's 2022 and we livin
(Oct 28, 2015, 12:24 PM)Breeder_Falkon Wrote:
(Oct 28, 2015, 12:15 PM)markings Wrote: HI everyone, since we are on this shiny topic, I would like rant about something which makes me extremely frustrated. Hope you dont mind, if you dont feel like reading a fellow shiny breeder's bad day complaints please ignore this post.

Dude I was gonna give up at 100 for Charmander but got SUPER lucky. 360 is mental. xD STILL WITH IT THOUGH MAN <3

that black charizard is totally worth it. So how many eggs did you hatch ?

hey! try not to give up. im currently at my ~18th box full of zorua (i know not as many steps as you have to take) but im encouraging me with 'when im giving up now, i might probably miss the chance to get a neon coloured little dog-thingy'
i've gotten my first bred shiny (eevee) at under 200 eggs too, the next one took me a little longer (charmander) but i've never given up. because all other ways are way to risky for myself (like pokeradar) and are not as accurate for iv's as breeding. and i LOVE shinys! i've now got already 6 different shinys via breeding and i think it's also the most relaxing way.
put 5 eggs in your team, go cycling in lumiose city and watch some tv or whatever! you can use the breed buff on yourself too!
the next shiny might pop out of nowhere sooner than youll expect the next time you breed!
You Can Do It! *jumping around*
(sorry for bad expressions or so on... D: )

Dont let it get to you breeding for a shiny is incredibly hard. Id say take a break from breeding and go shiny hunting in a friend safari, chain fishing or horde hunting just for the heck of it. Joltik is the one Im breeding for a 5-6iv shiny and still no luck. I put that aside and went shiny hunting every other way and although you most likely wont get perfect iv'd pokemon the shinies you get are always satisfying.
I thought my luck was on my side but no. It appears that I have to try again, which bites.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
(Oct 28, 2015, 12:47 PM)markings Wrote:
(Oct 28, 2015, 12:24 PM)Breeder_Falkon Wrote:

that black charizard is totally worth it. So how many eggs did you hatch ?

I hatched 72 xD Super lucky. Like Jaerri said, it can pop up at any time. Just stick with it.
it's 2022 and we livin
Thanks guys, i'll take the advice and rest from time to time. =D Good luck everyone on your shiny hunt !
50 eggs and counting for that shiny mudkip -_- I hope it doesn't take forever like last time
Pokemon trainer since 2004!