Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What was your first shiny?
I've been on the quest for a shiny for a long time and I have yet to catch one legitimately (I caught a shiny tangela with a gameshark once, but that doesn't count lol.) I've been trying to radar chain lately no luck. (I will get that shiny roselia, I'm determined!!!) So what was your first shiny? Give me some hope!

EDITL: Since posting this I have received my first shiny on May 7th! A bee-utiful shiny Ponyta that I have evolved and given the name NyteMare! I think Shiny Rapidash is my favorite now  Heart :D
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
Try chain fishing and make sure you have a Pokemon with the ability suction cups. My first shiny was a Feebas I caught while chain fishing, it appeared after 18 tries!
My first shiny was a Geodude in Diamond. I was just running towards the poke center when it appeared.
Note that I was like 7 so I was very confused for why it was gold.
Shocked 
I believe my first shiny was actually a starter back in SouslSilver. I know, crazy right ?
I really wanted either a totodile or cyndaquil with a right nature, so I soft resetted and in the third try I noticed that chikorita was gold o.o. That was a shock lol. I didnt want it as a starter but I ended up picking it regardless (who wouldn't ?).
My first shiny was a gloom in alpha sapphire, after playing for years I finally got one  :D
I love Sandslash and its shiny form, so I picked Horde Hunting as my first method. I finally caught the shiny Sandshrew after 220 hordes. It was epic! And I named him Jasper... ;-P
My first shiny was actually in pokemon gold (not heart gold) I was killing some dratinis to level up some pokemon and suddenly a shiny dratini appeared, I still remember me and my friend looking at it wondering if it was sick or something, because back then we knew nothing of shiny pokemon, even if you get a shiny gyarados in that game... Still have the shiny dragonite in that game, unfortunately I can't transfer it and the saving battery should die in a few years Sad
a geodude in silver
In Pokemon Y, I chain fished and on the 21th encounter, it was a shiny Octillery. I caught it and named it Gold.
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
Mine was a shiny Caterpie in SoulSilver. I was taking part on the bug catching contest and looking for a Pinsir or a Scyther that was high enough level when I ran into it. Won me the contest too!