Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Who else has insomnia?
Hey!
I "suffer" from insomnia and will get 3-4 hours sleep a day if im lucky sometimes I dont get any sleep. Doesn't help that I attend university and I'm up till stupid o'clock. I find it a blessing and a curse, I feel alone sometimes, feeling like I'm the only person awake but on the other hand I become more creative as I grow more tired, I study Art and Design and this is the time when I think of all my cool ideas. It's nice sometimes to go for a run at 3 in the morning, I ran 6 miles the other day. My question to you is what do you do when you are lying awake at night? I tend to watch loads of films, like tonight I watched Fight Club. 1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB. I just want to hear what other people do, so I don't feel like I'm the only one.
Thanks.
Bright_Shadow21
I got the same problem, but it started after some serious stuff happend. it's 4:44 in the morning and I'm still up, i'm probably going to pass out at around 8-9 AM and then sleep till noon then do the same thing again like everyday.
It's not fun at all i know, been the main issue of all my relationships.

But i pass the nights by playing guitar reading books and playing games.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
At night i get more energy than in the evening, the strange thing i can't get tired after jumping or doing some hard work, but if i do it in the evening i get easier tired. Maybe because i sleep very late, it's almost morning now where i live. I also watch a lot of films+anime when i get the chance.
I don't have Insomnia (although I used to.) its more of like sleep deprivation. I do it to myself because I'm usually stressed or anxious about going to school or lessons the next day.

What I do have though is RSD (REM Sleep Disorder) where sometimes as my brain shifts from Non-REM sleep to REM sleep, my brain will freak out and wake me up.

I often wake out of bed and will run and scream down the stairs. I've nearly given my parents heart attacks and I sprained my ankle once after falling down the stairs because of it.

Fortunately I am in marching band and DCI so I tend to tucker myself out on most days.
But the RSD can strike whenever which is a big bummer. Since I can lose an entire nights worth of sleep which is devastating to an exam performance or etc.
(Oct 11, 2015, 09:32 AM)SaberLXXV Wrote: I don't have Insomnia (although I used to.) its more of like sleep deprivation. I do it to myself because I'm usually stressed or anxious about going to school or lessons the next day.

What I do have though is RSD (REM Sleep Disorder) where sometimes as my brain shifts from Non-REM sleep to REM sleep, my brain will freak out and wake me up.

I often wake out of bed and will run and scream down the stairs. I've nearly given my parents heart attacks and I sprained my ankle once after falling down the stairs because of it.

Fortunately I am in marching band and DCI so I tend to tucker myself out on most days.
But the RSD can strike whenever which is a big bummer. Since I can lose an entire nights worth of sleep which is devastating to an exam performance or etc.

Don't worry, life gets worse after school. Trust me.

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Bills and stress can get pretty bad after school. Specially if you can't find a job in your field. But if you endure you'll come through it with a lot of character and some interesting stories...or at least that's what I hear from people who have come out the "other end" of the post grad slum. As for insomnia...lets just say the sandman have never really seen eye-to-eye.
(Oct 11, 2015, 12:10 PM)wpendragon Wrote: Bills and stress can get pretty bad after school. Specially if you can't find a job in your field. But if you endure you'll come through it with a lot of character and some interesting stories...or at least that's what I hear from people who have come out the "other end" of the post grad slum. As for insomnia...lets just say the sandman have never really seen eye-to-eye.

This is true, I work as a chef in the city, And well.. let's just say alot stuff goes down. I used to work at the "inn" places start at 6 PM get off at 1 AM then go party. every weekend we wokred like. But that wore you down soo much that you could not function after half a year. The money was good but not worth the mental health.

But bills have to get paid or i don't have anywhere to live so there was no other option till i found another job. Oooh the joy...

(Oct 11, 2015, 12:33 PM)Shachi Wrote: This is true, I work as a chef in the city

This is pretty strange, I used to be a Sous Chef before I started to attend Uni. I used to work 12 hour shifts like 5/6 days a week. It is very unsociable but I did meet some awesome people and other people who have insomnia within this field of work.
(Oct 11, 2015, 01:10 PM)Bright_Shadow21 Wrote:
(Oct 11, 2015, 12:33 PM)Shachi Wrote: This is true, I work as a chef in the city

This is pretty strange, I used to be a Sous Chef before I started to attend Uni. I used to work 12 hour shifts like 5/6 days a week. It is very unsociable but I did meet some awesome people and other people who have insomnia within this field of work.

I studied during the week so i could only work weekends. And 12 hours aday 5/6 days aweek is now alowed here. Those are to many work-hours in a week. at most we could take 2 12-hour shifts back to back. But it was the partying and such that ruins lives in that scene in a big city like stockholm.