Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Who has been playing since Red/Blue/Yellow?
I started with Pokemon Red and choose Charmeleon, obviously.. Wink
I played Yellow after that and Pikachu walking behind me? Awesome!!

I've been hooked since then and yes, I've played every gen. (Soul) Silver is my fav, because you can go Johto and Kanto region and I love the starters!
Playing Omega Ruby at the moment and loving it!
Awwwwww too bad I ain't in this generation!
But who cares Pokemon is the same age as me take that everybody 1996 FTW

Started with Firered when I was 8, back in 2004 but I have always LOVED Pokemon since I was 6!
So I guess I'm considered a Kanto kid too? :P

I remember searching the whole city just to find an old Gold/Silver cartridge and FINALLY I found one after much hunting - the happiness was overwhelming!! (Trust me, finding a Game Boy Color cartridge in an GBA SP era was not easy. At all.)
Probably the slowest Kalos trainer ever: Over 150 hours & still at Coumarine City.
Check out our egg giveaway - The Egg Collaborations

Do not PM me for now - inbox full!
Oh the gba era.... that was when I graduated highschool roughly. I remember being excited my freshmen year because gold and silver was coming out. What a year of pokemans pokin'
Still have all my original stuff.

[Image: DSCN9460_zpsmxpd3pf3.jpg]

Not pictured is my original Prima guide that got worn out by use so fast that I had to punch holes in it and stick it in a 3 ring binder, but I still have it.  Also still have the box for the GBC. but I forgot to dig it out of the closet.
My cousin introduced Pokemon to me when I was probably just 5 1/2 years old. (I was born in late 1995.) I don't know; anything that happened to me before Kindergarten I've totally forgotten, except one thing that isn't relevant to this discussion. Anyways, he let me borrow his extra games and extra gameboy all the time that he and his friends apparently shared...maybe? Again, I don't remember much.

About a month later, I was at his birthday party where he received Gold and Silver. Eventually, he let me borrow his Gold version. So I pretty much never distunguished a notable difference between the first 2 gens for a while.

When I visited a good friend of mine that I didn't see often since his parents moved all the time, he saw a Machoke and Kadabra that the cartridge had and immediately wanted to trade with the cables he had. I do remember clearly that he had so much fun using Theif against Team Rocket and Radio Tower. He gave me the Red Gyarados in return... but needless to say, my other cousin was somewhat upset.

Shortly after, a month or week, I can't remember which, before my 6th birthday, I finally received my own Game Boy, and a few days later my father took me to my local game store (which sadly is no longer open Sad ) and bought me a used Pokemon game of my choice. They had a TON of each of the 5 games that were out at the time, but knowing the order of the games, I chose Blue. The cashier pulled out the one on top of the stack of other Blue cartridges...but little did any of us know what was on that one cartridge...

Okay, I'd better stop there before I lose progress and before my fingers fall off. :P Part 2 will come later. SUSPENSE O.O
Everyone else picked charmander...so as the one person who picked squirtle I was king xD. It broke my heart when the internal battery in my blue version died... I remember thinking it must have been cause I exploited the heck out of the missingno glitch.
I've been playing since Gen 1 as well. My first game was Yellow version and I got red soon after. I never liked pikachu much so I used a Nidoking to beat yellow. Gen 2 is probably my all time favorite.
Been playing all 3 since i was around 2 but blue was my favorite. Nice to see all these memorys
Ah the memories through these post. I started with Yellow with my good old Green Gameboy Colour which is still in better condition than my gameboy advance & SP. I have more or less played all generations except X and Y. Fondest memory from that time has to be me getting a lvl 100 snorlax despite only having one badge. All it did was sleep, surprise surprise. of course my little brother had to go and erase that data.
(Sep 28, 2015, 02:40 PM)klutzz Wrote: Ah the memories through these post. I started with Yellow with my good old Green Gameboy Colour which is still in better condition than my gameboy advance & SP.  I have more or less played all generations except X and Y. Fondest memory from that time has to be me getting a lvl 100 snorlax despite only having one badge. All it did was sleep, surprise surprise. of course my little brother had to go and erase that data.

Dood. Dat "nintendium". I'm convinced that nintendo found some kind of meteor materials in the 70's that they didn't run out of until around the time of the gameboy advance sp. Because they were nigh indesrtuctable. #aliengameboys #illuminaticonfirmed XD