Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Would anyone be willing to help me build a VG' 15 team?
Hey I'm Mellow and I'm having trouble building a consistent team and I have a regional in about 20ish days please help.
Well we'll need some information before we're able to really do anything. Here are some rules that I generally follow when building a team:

Rule 1: Pick a theme. Do you wanma run Trick Room? Weather? General good stuff? Having a theme lets you (and us) narrow down some of your options. For instance, a rain team should have a Drizzle Politoad, and a sun team wants someone with Drought.

Rule 2: Pick a mega. Every team should have a mega. In some cases this is easy like ZardY for sun teams, but in most cases you have a lot of leeway.

Rule 3: Pick a core. What I mean by core is a set of 2 or 3 pokemon who are the center of your team. It doesnt mean you bring them into every battle, but they are consistently good and almost always useful while having synergy with each other. For example, a sun team core of ZardY - Venusaur - Rotom-W is a strong core that covers each others weaknesses while still providing useful synergy.

Rule 4: Fill in the gaps. From here, your best bet is to go to a site called teammagma.net/teambuilder and input the pokemon you have chosen so far. It will tell you the typing strengths amd weaknesses of your team. Fill out your team with pokemon that cover your weaknesses. To continue with the above example, you probably need an answer to Landorus-T and Mega Kang, so picking up a fighting type amd a solid Ice beam user is good.

Rule 5: Everything else. Once you have the team, figure out movesets, items, initial evs, etc amd them post that here. Theres a good group of guys that can help you from there. Try this amd them come back t us.
I can help you but trust me it's more fun to build your own teams
[Insert signature here]