Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[XY] 1 Year Anniversary
So who can believe its been a year since XY came out. Take a moment and let that sink in. Lets take this time to discuss what things you guys liked about what it did. My favorite thing it did was the simplicity in IV breeding.
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
Love the 3d pokemon the most and probably the breeding mechanics.
° Replay Mod ° Pokemon Master ° Powersaver/Cloner & Breeder °  

#Hanasomi
 #TeamReplay since January 2014

> Batman <

I can't believe it's been a year already!

I really like Pokemon Amie, it's a really cute feature.
tbh I had never gotten into comp battling before this and I feel that this is not only with me so I think it was pretty cool
For competitive battling and getting new players into competitive battling, X and Y are the best ones yet. But besides that, nearly everything else about it is poor. There is still not much content compared to Heartgold/Soulsilver, the Kalos region was extremely uninteresting, and X and Y had the fewest new Pokemon out of any Pokemon game. Not to mention the story wasnt very good, and most times I wouldnt mind that coming from Pokemon, but you could tell they were trying to put some sort of plot together. X and Y still arent bad games, but I was very disapointed and felt like they could have done so much more, especially with how powerful the 3DS hardware is compared to the regular DS.
(Oct 13, 2014, 04:20 PM)shadbro Wrote: For competitive battling and getting new players into competitive battling, X and Y are the best ones yet. But besides that, nearly everything else about it is poor. There is still not much content compared to Heartgold/Soulsilver, the Kalos region was extremely uninteresting, and X and Y had the fewest new Pokemon out of any Pokemon game. Not to mention the story wasnt very good, and most times I wouldnt mind that coming from Pokemon, but you could tell they were trying to put some sort of plot together. X and Y still arent bad games, but I was very disapointed and felt like they could have done so much more, especially with how powerful the 3DS hardware is compared to the regular DS.

yeah, i completely agree with this, though i feel like all the bad stuff was due to just rushing the game out. I think they may have spent a ton of time with upgrading the visuals, which isnt a bad thing. And also they did amazing work with competitive play. thats why i feel most of the main game was lackluster, just focusing more on the things that last longer
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
(Oct 13, 2014, 04:20 PM)shadbro Wrote: For competitive battling and getting new players into competitive battling, X and Y are the best ones yet. But besides that, nearly everything else about it is poor. There is still not much content compared to Heartgold/Soulsilver, the Kalos region was extremely uninteresting, and X and Y had the fewest new Pokemon out of any Pokemon game. Not to mention the story wasnt very good, and most times I wouldnt mind that coming from Pokemon, but you could tell they were trying to put some sort of plot together. X and Y still arent bad games, but I was very disapointed and felt like they could have done so much more, especially with how powerful the 3DS hardware is compared to the regular DS.

ye tbh a longer game and a couple of more pokes would've helped this game a lot Smile
I absolutely loved the Battle Chateau and the new Gen 6 Pokemon. It was also nice seeing X/Y have plenty of similarities to the original R/B/Y and mega Pokemon were an interesting concept. Admittedly the story wasn't compelling, but it's nice seeing Pokemon delving into darker concepts like from Pokemon Colosseum. Breeding and all the new ways of finding shiny Pokemon were also a nice welcome.

Another big thing I absolutely loved about X/Y was Wonder Trade. The concept of Wonder Trade is really fun and I plan on doing Wonderlockes more after transferring my Pokemon from X/Y to OR/AS.
[align=center]Started by apeing gates, touching Triforces, and blaming Levi

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks
(Oct 12, 2014, 05:32 PM)alex4wood Wrote: tbh I had never gotten into comp battling before this and I feel that this is not only with me so I think it was pretty cool

Agreed! The breeding and EV training processes became a lot simpler, which got me into competitive breeding/battling. I haven't stopped!
Well the thing about new pokemon was that in gen 5, they released way too many pokemon which led to many of them being underdeveloped. Gen 6 really didn't have any Trubbishes or Vanillites
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX