Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[XY] Amoongus- An Azumarill counter (VGC or Smogon)
Many of you probably know who Alex Ogloza is, ya know, the guy who won nationals. He did an amoongus spread on his Youtube channel and i thought i would put it here for people who didn't see it.
[Image: 591.gif]
HP 114/ Atk 85/ Def 70/ SpA 85/ SpD 80/ Speed 30
Amoongus @ Black Sludge
Level: 50
Nature: Bold
EV's: 188 HP 196 Def 124 SpD
-giga drain
-sludge bomb
-spore/toxic
-rage powder/synthesis

So i pretty much chose the moves for this build as they were not included in the explanation video. Giga drain is recovery. Sludge bomb is nice STAB and coverage. Spore for 100% accuracy and since youre bulky you'll survive the hits. Toxic is there since you are bulky (in which case i recommend venoshock for the doubled damage it provides while poisoned). Then for the fourth move its your choice. For a VGC team or doubles in general, i highly recommend rage powder (the whole point of him being bulky) but for a singles match synthesis is probably you're best bet for massive recovery power. As to why this is an Azumarill counter, its mainly for belly drum azumarill. Belly drum +6 azumarill is massively powerful, but with the EV spread and bold nature, +6 play rough does 84.5-99.5%. Cutting it pretty close huh, you survive the hit and hit back with a giga drain. Though you wont be killing back with this set you can get some decent damage off (though moving the SpD EV's to SpA gives you a small chance to KO using sludge bomb). Hope you guys enjoy this set and comment below any changes you would make  :D
EDIT: if someone were to know about a set like this, beware a waterfall flinch!!! and also, a non VGC azumarill may carry ice punch in which case GG
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye